E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > New owner help.

07-14-2015, 03:23 AM   #1
Frausto408
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

New owner help.

Hi guys I bought my first bmw a 2008 328i. I love it so far but only thing is I bought it two weeks ago from dgdg it was at a gmc dealer, notice one day car was making a whinning noise after a decent drive. Seem to get louder as I stepped on the gas pedal. Then later that day the ses light came on, I have a scan tool that I used and it came up with the code p0015 cam position actuator B. I'm good at doing maintenance amd work myself could use some work on my diag skills. After doing research I think the whinning noise is separate from the p0015. I think the whinning noise could be ccv going back. When I drove and got the car to repeat the whinning I pulled over and tried to open oil fill cap while idling and it was somewhat hard? Then im thinking the code is maybe vanos solenoid going bad.

My issue is this, I called dealer and told them the problems im experiencing and that I only bought the car two weeks ago an check engine light is coming on, so they made me a appointment with the service department. Only problem is check engine light keeps coming on and off. Whinning noise is hard to repeat. I dropped of the car tonight and will call in the morning. I never dealed with a dealer before first decent car I have bought being only 22. The check engine light was off when I dropped it off and car was running fine(just my luck). I don't want them to say nothing is wrong with car. Will there computers see old codes that came up? Could I ask them to run test on ccv valve? I just want them to fix all they can now and not try to say they could not duplicate problems. So I guess im asking how do I handle dealer? What should I tell them to do? Any help or advice will be appreciated I talk to them tomorrow morning thank you guys.
Appreciate 0