E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > JB4 working in and out Need help!

06-29-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
Dirty3_e90
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 335i xdrive

Been running jb4 on n54 for years and randomnly today I noticed I was only hitting stock boost as I was reading the boost set on the fuel gauge. Started changing maps and noticed that it was like getting stuck on maps and acting really delayed. For example: while on map 1 with the fuel gauge hijacked for boost my car was only hitting stock boost. When I switched it back to map 0 the gas gauge stayed at 0 and eventually went back to reading the gas normal. As if the jb4 was delayed in response by minutes. I have my jb4 set so when I turn it on the tach needles do the sweep. Switching back and forth from map 1-5 to 0 the tach needles would only do it sometimes. As if the jb4 was working aomwtimes and not other times. But it would never give me past stock boost. If someone has any guidance I could prob explain it more clear. I've installed and taken in and out jb4s dozens of times. All the connections are perfect. Searched forums for hours! Giving me weird codes I've never seen also like 2FBE and 2A80.
Appreciate 0