E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > radio troubleshooting

01-18-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
GonzoE92
Registered
Rep
Drives: e30 325i e92 320d msport

radio troubleshooting

Hi i am new here and having problems with my radio, my car is 2009 uk car, i have the base audio system installed,options include S644,S663,S698,S6FL.

My radio lights up but no display or warning sounds,only other button works is the eject, everything worked fine until a 3 weeks ago i had a usb playing music and all went off, i purchased a 2nd hand head unit with very same part number and exactly the same problem when i plugged it in, i have checked the radio fuses and cant find any problems, I then done some research and i checked for a faults in the MOST system, I plugged the Most cable from the Bluetooth module and no red light, then i plugged out the main power to the unit and when i plugged it back in the lights came back on the module and also MOST cable,blinked for around thirty seconds and then all goes dead again,

would a faulty Bluetooth module cause my radio problem? is there a way to bypass the module without it getting power to see if anything comes back on?

any help is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 12:00 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

When you purchase or obtain a New Radio it has to be programmed
for the options on your car more often than not . There is a change it
would work if it's programmed for the same sound system.

Also there are some Radio's in the UK that don't come with a Most Connector in the back.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687463
The above thread is lengthy but has a lot of info on Radio programming and types.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
GonzoE92
Registered
Rep
Drives: e30 325i e92 320d msport

Problem fixed, turns out the 2nd headunit I purchased had the exact same problem as my original one, sourced another one and worked right away and everything works!
Appreciate 0