E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Rainbow front speakers only or Full Alpine kit?

06-10-2015, 08:06 AM   #23
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
Under the Front Seats!
Are you being serious? So my 2010 E90 LCI has a sub under each front seat?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #24
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom619 View Post
Are you being serious? So my 2010 E90 LCI has a sub under each front seat?
Seriously my Pre LCI e90 has a Sub under each seat! Has yours??? I would assume so unless there has been a change in the post LCI models?
      06-10-2015, 08:12 AM   #25
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Seriously my Pre LCI e90 has a Sub under each seat! Has yours??? I would assume so unless there has been a change in the post LCI models?
Lol right I need to check this after work. Are they visible?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #26
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Lol right I need to check this after work. Are they visible?
The are in the floor under a housing, you can just see the housing top without taking the seat out.

Have a look at Russ Rainbow fit as he gets his subs changed....

READ HERE
      06-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #27
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The are in the floor under a housing, you can just see the housing top without taking the seat out.

Have a look at Russ Rainbow fit as he gets his subs changed....

READ HERE
Ahh I see!

Is it a testament to how poor the base sound system that I didn't even realise the car had subs?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #28
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Ahh I see!

Is it a testament to how poor the base sound system that I didn't even realise the car had subs?
The base Subs are Tosh, slap in some decent Subs like L7's or Rainbows (Other good subs are available) and suddenly they become fantastic. I put keys are items on the passenger front seat and turn up the sound and the keys bounce all over the seat!!! (So do I )
      06-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #29
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Yes, they have "subs" of sorts, under the front seats. You'll feel the plastic perforated grille.

As I mentioned in the thread I put the link up to on the previous page (the same one Waspo has linked above), the LCI models have the subs bonded into the plastic housing - so replacement will involve cutting them out, and of course finding a suitable way of resealing the new ones in.

Last edited by Russbmw; 06-10-2015 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #30
McTrucky
Rep
Drives: E93 2011, M140, MX-5(PRHT)

OK, decision was made, partly driven by timescales of getting it all in place before European road trip at the beginning of July. BMW (Coopers at Cobham) fitting the Alpine. The cost will be £750, to supply and fit, and give me a loan car for the duration of the work. Probably an expensive option compared with what I could have arranged, but time and convenience have a value too. Many thanks for the offers to compare others. Would love to, probably after I have got mine fitted. Just out of curiosity. I have in my head that I will drop in L7 or Rainbow sub's at a later stage. But will need to get over the shock of parting with £750 first..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #31
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Ah, you must be near me then! That's my nearest and it's only about 10 mins away!
      06-11-2015, 03:21 AM   #32
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
OK, decision was made, partly driven by timescales of getting it all in place before European road trip at the beginning of July. BMW (Coopers at Cobham) fitting the Alpine. The cost will be £750, to supply and fit, and give me a loan car for the duration of the work. Probably an expensive option compared with what I could have arranged, but time and convenience have a value too. Many thanks for the offers to compare others. Would love to, probably after I have got mine fitted. Just out of curiosity. I have in my head that I will drop in L7 or Rainbow sub's at a later stage. But will need to get over the shock of parting with £750 first..
Mate that is Stealer extortion, Makkan00 did mine for a fraction of that price, but understand on your timescales and Sam is probably booked up till the end of the summer, but a guy you might want to PM is called Simon (Forum name Litany), he lives on the south coast so not an hours drive away from you. He may be able to help SAVE you enough money to have the L7/Rainbows fitted as well, and have some extra spending money

It saddens me the amount of money Stealers can get away with charging!

Give him a PM, he maybe able to help?
      06-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #33
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

howwwww muuuucccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

£750 to supply and fit alpine? you can buy the kit for around £250 so your paying approx £500 for fitting and forum member above said he can fit for £150!

you must have a lot of money!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 08:21 PM   #34
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Some people likes being ripped off desperate so many people breaking down the cost.

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #35
McTrucky
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
howwwww muuuucccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

£750 to supply and fit alpine? you can buy the kit for around £250 so your paying approx £500 for fitting and forum member above said he can fit for £150!

you must have a lot of money!!
OK, so where can you buy it for around £250? Include delivery and vat, and note other thread about dodgy EU suppliers and lack of come back. Nearer £350 seems closer to reality. And add the tweeter mounts, there is another £25 or £30. And then there is the loan car while mine is being done, say £30. So I am paying just over £300 for fitting, which is £150 more than the forum member, who can't do it in my time frame and is a day trip out for me rather than getting it done while I am work. And any problems six months down the line my dealer is still just rround the corner and they supplied the kit.......

So you pay your money and take your choice. Sure I'd like it cheaper, but the extra £150 or so is worth it for me on this occasion.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #36
grimwood1992
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

There are many posts/guides that will show you how to fit your self mate, it a good learning curve and you get to understand you car a lot better. I always enjoy a DIY even if I ga want got a clue what I'm doing, a boring Sunday after like today is perfect for this!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #37
McTrucky
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimwood1992 View Post
There are many posts/guides that will show you how to fit your self mate, it a good learning curve and you get to understand you car a lot better. I always enjoy a DIY even if I ga want got a clue what I'm doing, a boring Sunday after like today is perfect for this!
Yes - totally with you, and I do generally do everything myself; but fear of can bus systems, re-coding requirement and not having any stock of spare bits and bobs meant I didn't want to do this myself when I am short of time and need the car to be on the road - it's not a toy, its my daily transport. If I want to add subs later, will do this myself (probably...).
Appreciate 0