E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > (E90) Official Alpine White E90 Thread

12-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #221
willpooted
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

The OEM spoiler on AW looks hot! I'm definitely getting one
      12-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #222
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted
The OEM spoiler on AW looks hot! I'm definitely getting one
Willpooted, if you are referring to the spoiler in the post directly before yours, that is not the OEM spoiler but the AC Shnitzer rear spoiler. The OEM one would look awesome too, though... I like it better than the Shnitzer

Drive safe.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #223
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Alpine White with the OEM M-technik sport kit. Very nice !

Attached Images

12-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #224
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3
Alpine White with the OEM M-technik sport kit. Very nice !
Ahhh, finally!!!

Nice find, thanks mark
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #225
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Pic of AW with factory carbon fiber lip, a very rare sight. Thanks to Dante for the pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 11:50 PM   #226
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Pic of AW with factory carbon fiber lip, a very rare sight. Thanks to Dante for the pic
Nice find. Anymore? You pull some pretty cool pics Jason, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 11:53 PM   #227
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Nice find. Anymore? You pull some pretty cool pics Jason, no doubt.
Heh thanks but can't take credit for that one, that was Dante's find. Maybe he has more to share
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 11:55 PM   #228
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Heh thanks but can't take credit for that one, that was Dante's find. Maybe he has more to share
Props to Dante!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #229
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks guys, it didn´t come to my mind to post this pic in here too.

There is one more.

AW is a beauty, still cant decide between AW and leMans blue!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 02:18 AM   #230
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
awesome pic. Lemans blue is a REAL sexy color, while AW might seem a little boring compared to it.

However, you won't easily get sick of the color as much as blue, and its more subtle, yet clean.

I personally do not enjoy "it-stands-out" color. (for myself. I do enjoy looking at sexy blue cars though. )

I hope you make a good decisino that you won't regret, dante. I remember you saying you are deciding between AW and something else. I guess you still haven't decided yet. I understand, tough choice. One thing, either way you can't go wrong.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 03:07 AM   #231
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
awesome pic. Lemans blue is a REAL sexy color, while AW might seem a little boring compared to it.

However, you won't easily get sick of the color as much as blue, and its more subtle, yet clean.

I personally do not enjoy "it-stands-out" color. (for myself. I do enjoy looking at sexy blue cars though. )

I hope you make a good decisino that you won't regret, dante. I remember you saying you are deciding between AW and something else. I guess you still haven't decided yet. I understand, tough choice. One thing, either way you can't go wrong.
Thank you for understanding my "problem".

I understand that AW is a very common colour in the U.S. Totally different in Germany. Only some boring company cars with stickers on it appear in white, mostly because it is the cheapest colour option. Its nearly impossible to resell white cars here. Thats why even the police changed their cars from white to silver here lately.

I really dont, know why germans hate white cars

I love the e90/91 in AW and it would be a very unique car over here, which I would like. LeMans blue, my other choice, would be unique in the U.S., because its not available yet. But nearly every showroom over here features a leMans blue 3er.

I guess grass is always greener on the other side...

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #232
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
I guess grass is always greener on the other side.
I too considered LeMans Blue, but went with Alpine White, per these pictures. The more you see, the better you can decide.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #233
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Thanks seh, awesome pics! Especially like this one:

The wheels are perfect choice, its a beauty!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #234
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb Clay bars for Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
The wheels are perfect choice, its a beauty!
Thanks. I've spent more time washing and detailing it since, and am learning as I go.

This is my second Alpine White BMW, but my fourth white car. One thing is finally starting to make sense, a solution to problem that I'll explain.

White paint accumulates lots of little specks and dots over time, visible only by looking very closely, that usually won't come off even with gentle fingernail scraping. Maybe some of this stuff is trapped under wax or polish, but it seems more like the clear-coat layer gets pitted and accepts these colored bits into it. The paint is no longer white so much as speckled orange and brown over white.

Even with the wax on this new car from the dealership preparation, by the time I washed the car the first time it was already accumulating these specks in the paint. I remembered that I had some little-used clay bars from my Zaino kit, so I decided to clay the entire car as part of its first washing. The clay bar removed all of the imperfections I'm describing. Even up close, the paint was then perfectly clean and white.

The lesson: Using a clay bar regularly on the white paint will forestall the accumulation of these colored specks and keep the paint looking great.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 11:27 AM   #235
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seh
Thanks. I've spent more time washing and detailing it since, and am learning as I go.

This is my second Alpine White BMW, but my fourth white car. One thing is finally starting to make sense, a solution to problem that I'll explain.

White paint accumulates lots of little specks and dots over time, visible only by looking very closely, that usually won't come off even with gentle fingernail scraping. Maybe some of this stuff is trapped under wax or polish, but it seems more like the clear-coat layer gets pitted and accepts these colored bits into it. The paint is no longer white so much as speckled orange and brown over white.

Even with the wax on this new car from the dealership preparation, by the time I washed the car the first time it was already accumulating these specks in the paint. I remembered that I had some little-used clay bars from my Zaino kit, so I decided to clay the entire car as part of its first washing. The clay bar removed all of the imperfections I'm describing. Even up close, the paint was then perfectly clean and white.

The lesson: Using a clay bar regularly on the white paint will forestall the accumulation of these colored specks and keep the paint looking great.
ditto on that i swear by a clay bar
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #236
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
seh, are you talking about all those little dots that gets settled all over the car?
I have tiny little orange-ish looking dots all over my car, this happened to my previous cars as well.
I had no idea what they were, I hated it.

Does clay bar really remove all those? Is clay bar harmful in anyway?
I don't want to harm the brand new paint.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #237
MIKEYMIKE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 6mt

Claybar will not harm the paint at all....

Just be sure to apply a fresh layer of wax on the car once you're done. Go to Autopia.com for more detailing tips and procedures.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #238
seh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
seh, are you talking about all those little dots that gets settled all over the car?
I have tiny little orange-ish looking dots all over my car, this happened to my previous cars as well.
Yes, those are the specks I was referring to.
Quote:
I had no idea what they were, I hated it.
I've never been able to figure it out. If they were all black or gray, I'd just assume it's road grime or exhaust particles. But there is definitely a red/orange range to a lot of it.
Quote:
Does clay bar really remove all those?
So far, yes. My car is old enough to have started picking up this stuff, but too new to know whether the clay/polish one-two punch will keep the stuff from building up beyond control like it has on previous cars.
Quote:
Is clay bar harmful in anyway?
Not that I know of. Actually, most of the time you'd swear it isn't doing anything anyway. I use so much lubricant that the clay never sticks or binds to the paint. It's only when I take it to these problematic dirty areas that I step back in amazement at its effectiveness.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #239
Pazz
Registered
Rep
Drives: White e90 330

New 330

Hey guys, glad to be part of this forum and want to than you all for the great pics. So as it stands I have a E90 on order, manual, AW of course, Terra leather, comfort access, and sirius radio . My question is what color does the terra leather realy look like in real life, is it brown, red, ugly or good looking? Also any coments from people who have manuals and regret it after driving the auto or visa versa. I haven't seen the terra in real life or have i driven the stick, the automatic felt real strong.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #240
blackE90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: sp blk 330i

i love manual cars in general...but if you live in a metropolitan area or commute alot an automatic would be easier to live with.

My best advice is drive both and get which ever one you like best...i never tested the auto but if i had i might be driving the automatic now
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #241
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh
Yes, those are the specks I was referring to.I've never been able to figure it out. If they were all black or gray, I'd just assume it's road grime or exhaust particles. But there is definitely a red/orange range to a lot of it.So far, yes. My car is old enough to have started picking up this stuff, but too new to know whether the clay/polish one-two punch will keep the stuff from building up beyond control like it has on previous cars.Not that I know of. Actually, most of the time you'd swear it isn't doing anything anyway. I use so much lubricant that the clay never sticks or binds to the paint. It's only when I take it to these problematic dirty areas that I step back in amazement at its effectiveness.
THANKS seh!

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #242
M3Alpine
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 AW/SO

hey guys.. im new and and excited to pickup my alpine white in about a month! i was jw if anyone has a pic of it with mirror tints?
Appreciate 0