E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake rotor spacer

08-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Brake rotor spacer

As some of you know, I have have 135 brake calipers on my 325. The 135 rear rotor is too deep for the 325. The 330, and all wagons and convertibles have hubs that stick out further allowing the rotor to fit. The 325 and 328 need either a larger hub or hub spacer. The size of the spacer needs to be about 2-5mm (haven't measured it yet). What implications would this have. The weight of both the rotor and wheel will be moved out so the bearing will be under more stress. I would also need to switch from bolts to studs to accommodate the spacer.

My other option would be to have a new hub made. I can't use the hubs from any other car because they all have different dimensions. If I get a new hub, I probably need a custom bearing as well. Who knew this would be such a headache...
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0