E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Longest Lasting Rear Window Regulator

10-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #1
Yangorang
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Longest Lasting Rear Window Regulator

Ever since moving to hot Arizona it feels like my rear window regulators have just been snapping left and right.

-A little under two years ago the rear right regulator died - replaced it with the official BMW part.
-Just a months ago rear left regulator died - replaced it with a cheapo Dorman part. The plastic guide piece looks a bit beefier than OEM but we'll see.
-Just today the rear right regulator died again - got it for free under 2yr warranty.

I do grease the window tracks with a bit of silicone and this seems to help a bit - also luckily the front ones still seem to be holding up pretty good.

Is there like an aftermarket set of regulators that is just super reinforced and will never break? The Dorman and Uro units both carry lifetime warranties - I have the Dorman installed on one side already so we'll see how that one holds up. I've been eyeing the Uro parts for the future as they seem to look pretty much like OE except with ball bearings which may help.
https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-32....0L/ES2804381/
Anyone try the Uro window regulators?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #2
patents
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

When my rear regulators broke, it was when I tried to lower the windows for the first time in awhile. The glass was a little stuck to the seal. It's not really answering your question, but it may help to periodically lower your windows to keep them from getting sticky (and putting extra resistance on the regulator). Maybe lube the window gasket.
Appreciate 0