E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New brake lines, long pedal travel

06-30-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
kulxio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

New brake lines, long pedal travel

Hi!

I installed steel brake lines and a new rear brake pipe, and I'm having trouble bleeing the system(?).

The pedal first stops at the normal travel, but it's very soft and doesn't apply the brakes very much. It then sinks until it's almost at the floor before becoming rock solid.
At this point the ABS/DSC lights turns on together with a fault code which says something like "low pressure rear left".

I've been bleeding the brakes 6-7 times, using both a pressure bleeder, vaccum bleeder and old school pedal bleeding.
I also used the procedure in INPA 3 times.

I'm certain that there are no leaks.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Any chance you swapped the calipers by accident and the bleed screw is on the bottom? I've done this before and it bolts up no problem but because the bleed screw is on the bottom you never can remove all the air in the system.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
kulxio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Any chance you swapped the calipers by accident and the bleed screw is on the bottom? I've done this before and it bolts up no problem but because the bleed screw is on the bottom you never can remove all the air in the system.
Had to doublecheck, but no, the bleed screw is facing upwards.
Appreciate 0