E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2011 328i won't start/question about warranty

07-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
VolE90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

2011 328i won't start/question about warranty

I purchased my first BMW last October: I love my car. I haven't had any issues whatsoever. On June 28th I was on my way home from the beach. After driving for approximately 6 hours I stopped and refueled; afterwards my car will not start. Dashboard lights up, interior lights come on, but when I go to push to start and hit my brake all power is lost.

I called BMW assistance (who had a tow truck arrive 5 hours later) and they towed my car from Newport, TN to my local dealership here in Knoxville, TN, Grayson BMW.

A service advisor contacts me on Monday and tells me my battery has failed but due to neglect it can't be replaced under the no maintenance warranty. They say the battery test showed when it sat on the lot (not at a BMW dealership) the battery wasn't recharged properly. I'm obviously pretty frustrated at this point. I would understand if the first week I had my car I had an issue with my battery, I would potentially blame that on neglect. Although, I have driven this car for 9 months without an issue.

I called the BMW dealership in Chattanooga and explained what had occurred to get a second opinion and was told they would of covered it.

Needless to say I've been dealing with customer relations for over a week hoping they resolve this issue.

Am I in the wrong? Is there something I'm missing? Like I said this is my first BMW so maybe I'm just ignorant, but I find it hard to believe someone could neglect a battery. The car currently has 30,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Appreciate 0