E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Platinum Warranty coverage question

07-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
bobbypats
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i Black

Platinum Warranty coverage question

I have a 2010 335 sedan with 67,000 miles and I have the platinum warranty.

I took it in with the following issues:

1. Service light is on stating I need brakes -brakes all around done last year at the dealership.
2. A/C not cold
3. Rumbling at ide and flappy sound from muffler.

Response:
1. Brakes are good and in spec but need to reprogram the system to reset it the service indicator and it is NOT covered under warranty. $260
2. A/C some valves messed up replaced valves recharging the system - COVERED
3. Rumbling at ide -
a. Found a problem at oil filter gasket causing oil to leak into to coolant area - fixing and flushing and refilling coolant - COVERED
b. Oil change is required to do this service but i have to pay for it $160 (I had an oil change at the dealer 2 months ao)
4. Muffler flap not seating - Said muffer is problem can replace for $1300

My question to the group are:
1. Should the warranty cover my service indicator light needed to be reset?
2. Should my warranty cover the oil change since it wasn't due and it was required for the repair?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
ef11
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan M-Sport

I have a 2009 with similar mileage and the BMW Platinum warranty, so I find this interesting. Pretty much everything I've taken my car in for has been covered.

(Answers to the response section):
1. They are going to charge you $260 to reprogram the system? Ridiculous. If you complain to the manager I don't think they would have an issue covering that for ou.

3b. I would normally say you paying is a fair deal, but since you just had it done at the dealer two months ago, that is a stretch. I would once again fight to not pay this, but if they insist then just politely give them the coupon for $80 oil change (go to your dealers site, go to service tab, click value service, and they should have a $79.99 oil change coupon.

4. I was getting some honeycomb rattle which I figured was my catalytic converter. I told them this on day 1 and finally on day 7 they called me and said "wow, we didn't think you knew what you were talking about but you were right!" I was like why would they tell me that?? ha Regardless, they replaced my cats and resonator for free as it was covered under the Platinum warranty. I don't see why your muffler wouldn't be covered. However, looking through the platinum coverage on BMWs site, I never see exhaust covered (which seems ridiculous) but maybe the case is my dealer is just awesome and covered it when they didn't have too.

Interested to see how you end up!
Appreciate 0