Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Alzor Wheels...Thoughts??

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
surf2727
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Alzor Wheels...Thoughts??

So i've been close to pulling the trigger on some 18" or 19" VMR 710 or 718s as I like the style a lot, they weigh less than my OEMs, and they're affordable....also been considering the similar Alufelgen and Avant Garde models, but don't think I'll head that route as they cost a bit more than the VMRs. Ok, so I just got an email from ecs today on some Alzors (similar look to VMRs and others mentioned above) that are priced starting at $399! I've seen this name pop up every so often on here, but not nearly as often as a post on VMRs so I assumed the quality wasn't there or there were some other issues people have identified. Anyways, I was curious if anybody had any personal experience with these wheels and have some insight regarding the pros & cons? For reference, link below takes you to the wheels on the ecstuning website. I really appreciate any feedback you all have! Thanks!

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-328...lzor_Style_030
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

ECS stands behind them and say they are strong.

They are heavy. Which may explain how they can be strong -and- at bargain price.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf2727 View Post
So i've been close to pulling the trigger on some 18" or 19" VMR 710 or 718s as I like the style a lot, they weigh less than my OEMs, and they're affordable....also been considering the similar Alufelgen and Avant Garde models, but don't think I'll head that route as they cost a bit more than the VMRs. Ok, so I just got an email from ecs today on some Alzors (similar look to VMRs and others mentioned above) that are priced starting at $399! I've seen this name pop up every so often on here, but not nearly as often as a post on VMRs so I assumed the quality wasn't there or there were some other issues people have identified. Anyways, I was curious if anybody had any personal experience with these wheels and have some insight regarding the pros & cons? For reference, link below takes you to the wheels on the ecstuning website. I really appreciate any feedback you all have! Thanks!

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E90-328...lzor_Style_030
Sounds too good to be true.

Also Avant Garde m310's are the same price as VMR 710's. Avant Gardes are low pressure cast so they are a little stronger than VMR's. I recommend the 19" they are strong enough and IMO look much better than 18".
Appreciate 0