E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Vibration braking/driving pulling to right

09-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #1
SoZoX
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d

Vibration braking/driving pulling to right

Hi all I seek some advice before the money spending begins.

My problem started with a slight pull to the right at highway speeds. Short after I got vibration and shaking under braking it seems that it is coming from the right side and steering wheel is shaking too but this varies in intensity when brakes are applied. Around 80-90 mph I have shaking/vibration/wobbly feeling from the front without touching the brakes at all.

Shocks 12.000 tm
Aligned a week ago
Tyres 3.000 tm
Swapped tyres around to cure the pull (nothing changed) vibration came short after.

So either it is upper arm bushing or lower(have been looking them and pulling on them nothing seems out of place)? Or my shocks gave up again? Or tyres? Or brake discs(not in perfect condition)?

What do you think?I may be leaning on changing the front brakes and lower arms(the small ones)?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #2
Gohan335i7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [10.00]
Hmmmmm..... has your car ever been in an accident of any kind ?!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #3
SoZoX
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan335i7 View Post
Hmmmmm..... has your car ever been in an accident of any kind ?!
Nope. started doing this a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Control arms.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 01:24 AM   #5
SoZoX
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Control arms.
You would change both upper and lower? Just the bushings or whole set? Alignment must be done after changing only the upper/front arms?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #6
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoZoX View Post
You would change both upper and lower? Just the bushings or whole set? Alignment must be done after changing only the upper/front arms?
How many miles does it have? If under 100k your lowers are still likely fine but you'd need to check to be sure. Uppers certainly wear quicker. Replacing the whole arms is easier/cheaper than replacing the bushings in these so that's the route I'd go. fcpeuro has great deals on all sorts of control arm kits, just be sure to stick with OEM Lemforder or TRW and not Karlyn or whatever they sell. Alignment should be done either way, as that's what's causing the pull.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #7
SoZoX
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
How many miles does it have? If under 100k your lowers are still likely fine but you'd need to check to be sure. Uppers certainly wear quicker. Replacing the whole arms is easier/cheaper than replacing the bushings in these so that's the route I'd go. fcpeuro has great deals on all sorts of control arm kits, just be sure to stick with OEM Lemforder or TRW and not Karlyn or whatever they sell. Alignment should be done either way, as that's what's causing the pull.
Shaking was gone when I changed all disks. It seems that slightly "warped" discs were the cause of shaking at higher speeds. This car is so sensitive. Also alignment was done by BMW this time and it helped 60 %. I still have a slight microscopic pull to the right or it is my OCD. As I have read here it is "normal" that it pulls if road is in an "angle".
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoZoX View Post
Shaking was gone when I changed all disks. It seems that slightly "warped" discs were the cause of shaking at higher speeds. This car is so sensitive. Also alignment was done by BMW this time and it helped 60 %. I still have a slight microscopic pull to the right or it is my OCD. As I have read here it is "normal" that it pulls if road is in an "angle".
Yes if the road is crowned at all it'll pull with it. Try driving in the far left lane if that sweeps the other way and see if the pulling follows. Likely normal
Appreciate 0