E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > GREAT deal on sway bars

02-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #23
Go Horns!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

I put in MFactory diff bushings with my LSD, and I get a whine when decelerating.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #24
autoart
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90 M/ 22 X3

So what do you think of them? How does it feel?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #25
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

I have not drove the car yet, it is still in pieces. Honestly, I think I'll be happy. It'd be hard not to for $267 haha
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #26
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
They look good especially for the price can't really speak for performance yet, rear end is still out
The photo from the rear shows the bar non adjustable.
I found a photo from the front also showing it non adjustable.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...34&postcount=1
You could easily drill another hole and make it adjustable but is very unlikely that you will be unhappy with them the way they are straight out the box in order to want/need to further mess with them.
Great find. Thank you for posting it!

p.s
We need to see more photos from your build!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 09:30 AM   #27
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
The photo from the rear shows the bar non adjustable.
I found a photo from the front also showing it non adjustable.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...34&postcount=1
You could easily drill another hole and make it adjustable but is very unlikely that you will be unhappy with them the way they are straight out the box in order to want/need to further mess with them.
Great find. Thank you for posting it!

p.s
We need to see more photos from your build!
Yea I wish it had the extra adjustment but like you said, probably will not be needed.

I'll have pics soon. I've been meaning to make a build thread. I may start one right now and add to it as time goes on. Shooting for the highest HP DCT 335is
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #28
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
I had no idea, thought it was maybe a price mistake because every where else is about $100+ more.

They are solid bars and if I remember correctly, the OEM bars are hollow. So, to your point, 15mm solid vs 13mm hollow or even 20mm hollow I think is an upgrade
Eibach has done some recent price changes so I think a lot of guys are listed incorrectly and some other websites dont follow the rules of suggested pricing but that's a story for a different day haha.

Yea they are an upgrade over stock.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #29
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I got whatever MFactory sells as an addition to the LSD. I thought they were solid diff bushings but they had a solid "case" but rubber inside? To be honest I don't know very much when it comes to bushings besides what I have read from people running what I got. But they should be solid
Our solid diff bushings are "solid" in the sense that they are not "hollow" like the oem bushings. They are made from TPV, which offers characteristics of both Rubber and Poly, but without the negatives of either.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #30
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Eibach has done some recent price changes so I think a lot of guys are listed incorrectly and some other websites dont follow the rules of suggested pricing but that's a story for a different day haha.
Well if e9x customers suggest that other retailers follow the autoplicity pricing would they listen? Would you?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #31
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well if e9x customers suggest that other retailers follow the autoplicity pricing would they listen? Would you?
We do follow their pricing it just may take an extra step.

Companies like autoplicity ruin this industry. (Which I know is of no concern to the end consumer as all they care about is price).

That being said, for the companies who follow the rules (and want to keep their contracts with manufacturers) they offer price matching to to offset the low ballers.

Therefore, if a customer wants to purchase with a vendor of their choice, they still have that ability to land that great price through a simple price match offering.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #32
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'll def ask from here forward. I thought maybe they were trying to clear stock or something and that's why the price was so low. I'd rather go through a vendor!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #33
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Our solid diff bushings are "solid" in the sense that they are not "hollow" like the oem bushings. They are made from TPV, which offers characteristics of both Rubber and Poly, but without the negatives of either.
Thanks for the explanation! They seem to be a good in between
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:36 AM   #34
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll def ask from here forward. I thought maybe they were trying to clear stock or something and that's why the price was so low. I'd rather go through a vendor!
No worries. We always appreciate the opportunity when someone is looking to shop elsewhere, especially with non supporting vendors.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:37 AM   #35
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
We do follow their pricing it just may take an extra step.

Companies like autoplicity ruin this industry. (Which I know is of no concern to the end consumer as all they care about is price).

That being said, for the companies who follow the rules (and want to keep their contracts with manufacturers) they offer price matching to to offset the low ballers.

Therefore, if a customer wants to purchase with a vendor of their choice, they still have that ability to land that great price through a simple price match offering.
Ruined the industry? That is according to all companies that care about profit. Just like customers care about price. If was any different it would not be called business and TopGearSolutions would have been non profit charity organization. Either way, is good to hear that you will do price matching.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #36
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ruined the industry? That is according to all companies that care about profit. Just like customers care about price. If was any different it would not be called business and TopGearSolutions would have been non profit charity organization. Either way, is good to hear that you will do price matching.
Unless you are in the industry I'm sure it's hard to justify my logic. But keep this in mind, I'm sure you have a job and you make a set hourly wage or salary.

What if people came into your place of work, offered to do the same job, met the same standard as you did and offered to do it for less money -Forcing you to take a pay cut.

What if it then contiued to the point where you were breaking even or working free? Or maybe even losing money in some fashion?

Then the system became so corrupt becuse the company owners and manfuacturers didnt care because they still maintained their margin? So whether you made peanuts or lost your shirt they didn't care cause they got their end.

I'm sure you'd consider a situation like that a ruined industry too.

This is a rhetorical story. No response needed and not all manufacturer in this industry have that mind set. Some do control their prices and care about their dealers. It's a hypothetical scenario.

Price matching was always offered.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #37
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Yea I wish it had the extra adjustment but like you said, probably will not be needed.

I'll have pics soon. I've been meaning to make a build thread. I may start one right now and add to it as time goes on. Shooting for the highest HP DCT 335is
You're changing out that guibo and driveshaft also?
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #38
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n54is View Post
You're changing out that guibo and driveshaft also?
Guibo I'm not sure as I didn't think there were any other options besides stock. And I didn't think that was a weak point? I guess I could use an M3 one? If its a different P/N, I'd assume it is stronger?

I have a custom CF driveshaft being made. You DCT folks will thank me later
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 02:42 PM   #39
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Guibo I'm not sure as I didn't think there were any other options besides stock. And I didn't think that was a weak point? I guess I could use an M3 one? If its a different P/N, I'd assume it is stronger?

I'm not sure about the guibo tbh with you, we know the driveshaft is. Dam! That's sweet CF one...is m factory making it? I've been waiting for them to release the m3 style CF front tower brace, thought they were working on it
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 03:21 PM   #40
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n54is View Post
I'm not sure about the guibo tbh with you, we know the driveshaft is. Dam! That's sweet CF one...is m factory making it? I've been waiting for them to release the m3 style CF front tower brace, thought they were working on it
I think 335is comes from the factory with better guibos.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...86&postcount=1
maybe this:
http://www.function7.com/products/e46m3-guibo
regarding m3 I assume the bolt circle diameter is different and possibly the bolt size as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #41
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

m3 circle is 110MM vs non M 105MM
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 03:42 PM   #42
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

That Function7 one looks tempting. Is there a price? I don't see it on my work computer but they filter a lot of crap out. The website looks messed up.

But, I'm hoping there are no issues with the guibo. I haven't heard of any as of yet
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #43
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That Function7 one looks tempting. Is there a price? I don't see it on my work computer but they filter a lot of crap out. The website looks messed up.

But, I'm hoping there are no issues with the guibo. I haven't heard of any as of yet
I think you need to get it from distributor
Zerolift Autolab
http://www.zerolift.com
(513)874.2508
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #44
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I think you need to get it from distributor
Zerolift Autolab
http://www.zerolift.com
(513)874.2508
100 Security Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014
Hmmm they aren't too far from me. I'll have to get some measurements from my guibo and give them a call
Appreciate 0