E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Lets go ravens, lets go redskins!

01-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Lets go ravens, lets go redskins!

Alright, locals, lets see some love for the teams. We need the Ravens to step up and the Redskins to not s the bed if we want some real playoff representation.

Anybody repping their team's logo on their e90s? Pics are welcome.

Best of luck today!

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
Alright, locals, lets see some love for the teams. We need the Ravens to step up and the Redskins to not s the bed if we want some real playoff representation.

Anybody repping their team's logo on their e90s? Pics are welcome.

Best of luck today!

Mark my words, Redskins will only be a disappointment. Because the biggest the disappointment is went to get fans all revved to just let them down. It's in their history and it's their habit...it's hard to break out of habits.

Last edited by BrazilianBimmer; 01-06-2013 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
Mark my words, Redskins will only be a disappointment. Because the biggest the disappointment is went to get fans all repped all to just let them down. It's in there history and it's their habit...it's hard to break out of habits.
Lol. Words marked. All things considered though, I expected the Skins to let us down a long time ago. I usually don't even accept a burgundy/gold victory until the clock reads 0 regardless of the score (I here up here& know better). Overall, though, I think many would be pleased with this season even with a loss today. I won't lie, though, victories for both teams would be pretty stellar.

I'm not a huge football fan, but I like seeing the town get revved up over things (I.e. the Caps...in previous years).

To the same end as your comment, perhaps the skins will make it to the Super Bowl only to give everyone the ULTIMATE let-down. Nothing is more insulting than second place. Highly unlikely, but it could happen

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Ravens got it done.

Now for the Skins...in the words of Winnie the Pooh (I have a little one), "Oh, bother..."

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Ravens got it done.

Now for the Skins...in the words of Winnie the Pooh (I have a little one), "Oh, bother..."
Watched both games. And WHAT DID I TELL YOU!
I'm not even a big football fan, after all I'm brazilian my thing is soccer. But I don't understand how the f people around here always get revved up about a little win and how can a team expect to go to the Superbowl depending on a good receiver (Morris) and a quarterback (RG3). You could see the big difference as soon as his knee went out on the 1st quarter.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

They should have switched to Cousins a lot earlier. RG3 wasn't doing anything well after the setback.
      01-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Yup. There goes that one. It's certainly a better season than the redskins have had in a good number of years. Hopefully the ravens keep it going so we get some local representation.

I don't follow football or baseball, but if you asked me what I'm teams I'm a fan of, I'd say redskins and Os just because its what I grew up on. It's just nice to see the town get revved up about anything but lack of bipartisanship on rare occasions.

You're right about cousins...not even necessarily to affect the outcome, but just to protect a valuable asset. They are going to kill that kid before he really has the chance to do something great for them.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

What I don't get is this: how the f does a team that has a ton of players with million dollar contracts be such a sorry as team!?

It's not like Superbowl is played every year...oh wait it is! And you haven't been to the playoffs for years!? Why can't they just fire Shanahan or whatever his name is bc whatever his motivation speech is he is giving them players, ain't working.

I think of this the same way I think of US men's soccer, they go to a world cup and advance to a stage which they've never been to before, they get people excited about it then they lose!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
Cid00x
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe. Manual.

Quote:
Watched both games. And WHAT DID I TELL YOU!
I'm not even a big football fan, after all I'm brazilian my thing is soccer. But I don't understand how the f people around here always get revved up about a little win and how can a team expect to go to the Superbowl depending on a good receiver (Morris) and a quarterback (RG3). You could see the big difference as soon as his knee went out on the 1st quarter.
My mother is from Spain, so you know what my team is. I am saddened by the Redskins. I was born and raised in DC. But we had a great year.

As for my soccer teams, Manchester United, and Spain, I am never let down. Brasil is sucking ALOT lately

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #10
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What I don't get is this: how the f does a team that has a ton of players with million dollar contracts be such a sorry as team!?

It's not like Superbowl is played every year...oh wait it is! And you haven't been to the playoffs for years!? Why can't they just fire Shanahan or whatever his name is bc whatever his motivation speech is he is giving them players, ain't working.

I think of this the same way I think of US men's soccer, they go to a world cup and advance to a stage which they've never been to before, they get people excited about it then they lose!
The biggest problem with the team for the last however many years seems to have been Snyder's micromanaging.i don't think you can blame Shannahan. in fact, not allowing coaches a rebuild period is probably what got the skins into the vicious cycle of suck they have been in for years. Its always, "we have a new coach so now were going to he suberbowl this year" not "well be playoff ready in three-five" This season was really pretty good tho. At least they gave thir fans some wins.

The difference between that and US mens soccer is that the vast majority of people in the States couldn't care less about mens soccer until they hear that they made it to some high level they haven't before (unfortunately), but there are a good number of die-hard football fans watching their teams every Sunday (for better or for worse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid00x View Post
My mother is from Spain, so you know what my team is. I am saddened by the Redskins. I was born and raised in DC. But we had a great year.

As for my soccer teams, Manchester United, and Spain, I am never let down. Brasil is sucking ALOT lately
I don't know about NEVER let down, but I'll give you almost never. That City victory (last year was it?) really lit a fire under some united fans. Overall, though, those are some rockin teams.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
powerbarsk8ter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 xi

Typical American way of toughing it out with one hopping QB, no long-term strategy. Thought football was a team sport, yet they put a crippled QB on the field to drag the whole team down. Defense did its share to not letting go at 1 yard line yet offense still remained anemic. Amazingly stubborn and stupid.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #12
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbarsk8ter View Post
Typical American way of toughing it out with one hopping QB, no long-term strategy. Thought football was a team sport, yet they put a crippled QB on the field to drag the whole team down. Defense did its share to not letting go at 1 yard line yet offense still remained anemic. Amazingly stubborn and stupid.
This is what had me worried. After the first quarter, I was saying to my wife "they are going to ruin this kids life for one game". Not to mention ruin their future as a team. I wasn't sure why they didn't switch him out for cousins. He's been pretty effective previously, and its not like playing a wounded warrior should be your go-to. I sure hope he heals up well (for his sake),

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid00x View Post

Spain is truly one of the best playing teams in the world right now. I got to to admit that Brasil is nowhere close to what it used to be, all these young kids with no experience, which worries me for next year's World Cup. Finally have a world cup at home only to not have a strong team. In regards to Redskins, I just always so surprised that people accept their losses with so much ease, it's a joke. It's always "Oh we did a great job for the season." "That was a tough team to play." "We'll do better next time." I think the team may just be cursed by the native americans for stealing the Redskins name, they should just change it. lol

Quote:
This is what had me worried. After the first quarter, I was saying to my wife "they are going to ruin this kids life for one game". Not to mention ruin their future as a team. I wasn't sure why they didn't switch him out for cousins. He's been pretty effective previously, and its not like playing a wounded warrior should be your go-to. I sure hope he heals up well (for his sake),
This is what I don't understand the most. You got all these coaches and assistant coaches who get paid big bucks for what they do and they see the kid killing himself on the field and just let him keep on playing. It's like sacrificing one kid's career for the sake of a win.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbarsk8ter View Post
Quote:
The Skins lost yesterday because the WRs could NOT get open against the Seattle secondary. I watched the outside receivers all day and there were only 3-4 plays where Seattle played zone and the receivers got open. The majority of the game, Seattle played bump/man and were blowing the Skins receivers off the line and thus no targets for RG3 to throw too. That's why Santana in the slot and the TEs got the majority of the targets.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer

Firing Shanahan now is NOT the way to go. You have to give it some time. Firing Shanny now pretty much guarantees continued futility. As mentioned earlier, the constant change is why this team has been losing for the last 20 years more than anything else.
      01-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
Firing Shanahan now is NOT the way to go. You have to give it some time. Firing Shanny now pretty much guarantees continued futility. As mentioned earlier, the constant change is why this team has been losing for the last 20 years more than anything else.
+1 they won the NFC East this year with one the league's biggest stars in DC and people want to fire the coach? really??

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
So you think they're the only team with million dollar contracts and every other team are paying pennies??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
+1 they won the NFC East this year with one the league's biggest stars in DC and people want to fire the coach? really??
I wouldn't try to rationalize with someone that doesn't understand football. He thinks they would make the Super Bowl every year and taking 3 years to be successful is too long.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
Keep the ride going!

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
This is what I don't understand the most. You got all these coaches and assistant coaches who get paid big bucks for what they do and they see the kid killing himself on the field and just let him keep on playing. It's like sacrificing one kid's career for the sake of a win.
How do you know it was not RG3s will to play?
I can sure as hell say that if i were in his spot. I would be playing till i couldnt walk or i was drug off the field. Arenaline is a powerful thing(im addicited...) and you would be amazed at what is possible when it starts flowing. Your talking about a kid who has been looking forward to playing pro sports probibly his whole life. Gets a chance his first year and is in the playoffs. you bet your ass hes gonna do whatever he can. Dreams coming true for that kid.

Im not a redskins fan but atleast it was a winning season vs a losing season like in the past. im glad my friends and co workers had a glimmer of hope for a little while. ESP with the whole NHL things going on there wouldnt have been any entertainment had they played like previous seasons.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
I can sure as hell say that if i were in his spot. I would be playing till i couldnt walk or i was drug off the field. Arenaline is a powerful thing(im addicited...) and you would be amazed at what is possible when it starts flowing. Your talking about a kid who has been looking forward to playing pro sports probibly his whole life. Gets a chance his first year and is in the playoffs. you bet your ass hes gonna do whatever he can. Dreams coming true for that kid.

Im not a redskins fan but atleast it was a winning season vs a losing season like in the past. im glad my friends and co workers had a glimmer of hope for a little while. ESP with the whole NHL things going on there wouldnt have been any entertainment had they played like previous seasons.
Agreed, but to some extent, you have to reel in a guy who need to be protected from his own rush (we've all been there). I think any redskins fan or pseudo fan can be pleased knowing that the trend line isn't flat on the bottom after this year. An upward trend (especially that steep) is a good thing.

Congrats on getting your NHL back just in the nick of time. They sure did cut it close to that Jan 11 cutoff!

Last edited by FormerRotor; 01-07-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #21
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post

When RG3 could barely walk, that should have been the sign for the coaches to put in Cousins. We all saw how ineffective he became on offense after tweaking his knee, and their read option plays became completely ineffective since the hawks knew he couldn't run. As a pro, of course he's going to want to play through it all. It's the Coach's job to make the final call, based on what's best for the team and player. It was a terrible move leaving him in as long as they did.

Sure it was a good season, but the damage to the face of the franchise might have already been done. Much respect to RG3, but Shanny is truly an awful decision maker as evident by last night's events.
      01-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugeinus View Post
When RG3 could barely walk, that should have been the sign for the coaches to put in Cousins. We all saw how ineffective he became on offense after tweaking his knee, and their read option plays became completely ineffective since the hawks knew he couldn't run. As a pro, of course he's going to want to play through it all. It's the Coach's job to make the final call, based on what's best for the team and player. It was a terrible move leaving him in as long as they did.

Sure it was a good season, but the damage to the face of the franchise might have already been done. Much respect to RG3, but Shanny is truly an awful decision maker as evident by last night's events.
Finally someone that talks sense here. Shanahan is an awful decision maker. Are you going to risk completely messing up a kid's knee because the kid wants to stay in and keep playing?
Right after RG3 fell and hurt his knee he made another run play where he ran to the side line and was limping! isn't that enough to pull the trigger and make the decision?
Appreciate 0