E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Selling JL Audio HO112R-W6v2 Enclosure Only

08-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
BM3W!
///M3 Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '08 M3 Coupe

Selling JL Audio HO112R-W6v2 Enclosure Only

Hey guys,

I recently bought the JL Audio High Output enclosure with a 12" JL Audio W6.

I was able to get the box into the trunk of a 2008 E92 M3 Coupe (note you must remove the black trim piece that covers the area where the trunk latches into the car. It takes a screwdriver and 1 minute to remove, and the box slides right in.

I have it hooked up in my car right now running off one JL Audio 500/1v2 amp, with a 2 Farad Digital Hybrid Capacitor, as well as sub-only volume control knob and Remote Bass Boost knob mounted just under my dash.

Holy shit this thing sounds amazing... however I decided to go a little further and have a customer fiberglass sealed enclosure made that will showcase the amp and cap and sort of finish off the trunk of the car.

I am going to keep the 12"W6 sub, but now I have an incredibly awesome enclosure thats going to be collecting dust, and looking at this thing, and knowing how good it sounds, I cant let it just sit there.

Is anyone interested in buying the enclosure?

Here is a link to the product on JL Audio's website: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_e...=2&prod_id=296

Also a link to the item on Crutchfield so you have an idea of what these run, and can get info on this VERY unique ported enclosure, which is patented: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7yC9uua...2R62&s=0&cc=01

Anyway, I would be willing to negotitate, or possibly be willing to trade for other car a/v items I may be interested in.

By the way, I wish I had a picture of this thing installed in my Alpine White M3. With the trunk open, the sub looks almost like it was meant to be a custom enclosure. The carpet used on the enclosure EXACTLY matches that of the interior carpet in my trunk, and the red oval matches the brake lights - it makes it look like a custom made one off job. Take a look at a pic of the enclosure:

That red oval area is actually the port. If you look at the schematic on the JL Audio site, that red oval area is recessed from the front of the box, and the top of the red area goes up and under the top of the box, down the back, and under the speaker. The sound waves then travel that direction through the box, and mix with the subwoofer as they come out because the entire Oval area is actually the Port. Anyway, the ported sound waves combine with the subwoofers forward output to deliver amazingly clear, powerful bass. I personally have never heard anything like this, and with JL's Sub volume control, and JL's Remote Bass control connected to one of their Slash v2 amps, like my 500/1v2 and you can dial in the perfect amount of bass for any song, or any situation.

This should fit any 3 series or up, although as I said, you may need to remove a SIMPLE trim piece to get enough room to get the box to slide into the trunk. Once in, it fills up the back section of the trunk perfectly.

Anyway, its such a nice enclosure, I figured someone might be interested that either already has a JL Audio 12"W6, or a similar sub. This box is designed for incredible lows with clarity I have never heard before. This is the cleanest, lowest bass, I have ever heard from a typical street car, though I dont go to competitions, or anything like that.

This is for SQL, while still having plenty of boom. Box has only been used for two weeks, and is in perfect condition. I will negotiate, so you can save money by buying the sub, but getting the enclosure from me. I just want to get some of the money towards my total custom build, and thought someone might want this to upgrade their current 12"w6 to JL's top of the line enclosure cheaply and easily.

Anyway, ill try to get some pics of the current install so you can see it in the car.

PM, or reply here if interested!
Thanks!
Ryan
DailyD- Alpine White '08 E92 M3 Coupe Loaded w/ ALL, but w/ 6MT - *4 real men* 19" Wheels- 1xJL Audio 12w6v2 in H.O. box- JL 500/1v2-2 Farad Digital Hybrid Cap w/sub volume & bass boost controls mounted under dash! Blk Kdny Grls + more 2 come! *Sold! -'01 E46 Cosmos Blk M3 w/99,997 HARD miles on it! *Coming soon -911C2S/C4S,or C63AMG. Choices! AMG is Beast of difernt flavr even my GF could drive,where Pcar is similar 2 my current M3
Appreciate 0