E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > One week two accidents

06-24-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 2015 X5 40D M Sport

Garage List
One week two accidents

I always though I was unlucky, this week has confirmed it

Last Wednesday someone reversed into my car while it was parked in the carpark and scuffed the rear bumper then last night some dope drives into me while I'm waiting to pull out on a roundabout, I am totally gutted

Question: I will be putting car into Sytner Harold wood as they repaired my wife's 1 series and done a cracking job, I remember when she took it in they told her they would take the claim on as she wasn't at fault, they done everything and even gave her a brandnew 3 series as a courtesy car.

I do remember getting some mail however from them saying that if it was fouund to be her fault they would be claiming of her insurance which was quite annoying as they had told her that it wasn't at the start.

Do BMW still offer this service and if so what is the things to watch out for?

The guy who hit me was on holiday and in a Enterprise rent a car, I expect a call today from them trying to let them repair it which obviosly won't be happening.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

When my wifes merc got hit... we called Merc assistance and they did it all inc a new c class delivered for courtesy car!
      06-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
E92BSM10
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-Sport Highline

Thats really unlucky I would hate to crash my e92
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Some clown put a large deep scuff in the front bib of my one week old E90 this week.
Parked in a clients carpark, has only been from my garage to that site three times since delivery.
Incredible.
At least it was the lease car
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
cho
Rep
Drives: e92

yeah they do cos they offered it to me, also told that i didn't need to contact insurance company as they sorted everything
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 02:52 AM   #6
NightVisitant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M-Sport 2011

Sorry to hear about your bad week

Sytner HW replaced my rear-bumper in February - they did an excellent job. To answer your question, they do still offer the "taking care of it all" service. I was looked after by Wayne Guilder - nice chap.

They organised everything - they use a hire company called Swift to supply the courtesy car - most likely funded by the third party insurance (if they're at fault). Best bet is to mitigate your losses - i.e accept a lesser model as a courtesy car - this will make sure the third party insurance don't challenge your (costly) right to a like-for-like replacement vehicle. In any event, I understand there is a fail-safe policy included in the hire agreement ('Angel' something or other) that covers the cost of the hire car should there be any issues - unlikely though.

Straight forward overall

Do make sure you give the courtesy car a thorough walk-around, don't be shy to get detailed and picky. You don't want accountability for anything you didn't damage. Swift don't seem too fussed but it's better to be safe.

Best of luck
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #7
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
Do BMW still offer this service and if so what is the things to watch out for?
Back luck matey!

Yes, some franchise groups offer a full crash-to-home accident service, not BMW UK though.

Thing is though, however 'good' they may seem they are really just a form of ambulance chasing that puts up insurance costs for all of us by allowing the dealers to claim for all sorts of additional items above the standard repair, all of which contain profit for the dealer.

Who do you think pays for the dealers' recovery / collection, fancy courtesy car, exorbitant over the top replacement of unnecessary parts and labour costs? - that's right, the insurance companies pay and the dealers make a killing and we all have to pay higher premiums.

But it's difficult to turn it down at the time - I know I probably wouldn't. They win again!

And the insurers will still load you, even as a non fault accident victim, you are still statistically a higher risk.

double bar-stewards.

Last edited by doughboy; 07-01-2010 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #8
zaheer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

sorry about ur situation...dont worry your not the only one...in 2 weeks, someone stole my passenger mirror cover, and then last friday someone reversed into my car when it was parked....unbelievable!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
rabble
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 330i M Sport

i think theres a company called accident exchange that deals with everything for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 03:02 AM   #10
Bomber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 2015 X5 40D M Sport

Garage List
Thanks for your replies, decided not to go through my insurance as they dealt with it very quickly, car goes in at the end of week.

BMW make me laugh though, as i said I had a scuff on the rear bumper so I asked them if there was anything they could do as it was coming in to have the front repaired, I understand it has to be removed which is a 10 min job max, it has some very minor marks which won't take long to DA out then Prime and paint which can be painted the same time as front, they quoted me £450+vat, I told them they were taking the piss and if they wanted the job for the front which is £3000 worth they would have to do better, got it down to 210+vat which I still think is steep for such a minor repair but still alot better than £450.
Appreciate 0