E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > m3 Replica Side Skirts Installation

01-13-2023, 09:17 PM   #45
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Oh, I see that now.

Does the skirt fit if you remove the mount?
Does the skirt look normal/in place when you hold the top of it in place?

Looking at the mount, the center circle/tab look to provide some rigidity, but you can probably cut it off.
You might be able to bend back the 2 ends of the mounts that the bolts go through(if the fender doesn’t look like it’ll crack).

I don’t think the skirt is warped in that area?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2023, 09:30 PM   #46
JayReinert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Oh, I see that now.

Does the skirt fit if you remove the mount?
Does the skirt look normal/in place when you hold the top of it in place?

Looking at the mount, the center circle/tab look to provide some rigidity, but you can probably cut it off.
You might be able to bend back the 2 ends of the mounts that the bolts go through(if the fender doesn’t look like it’ll crack).

I don’t think the skirt is warped in that area?
Hey sorry it’s taken so long to reply. To answer your questions, no I looked at removing the mount when I initially had issues and part of it is welded to the body of the car. Shaving down seems like the only option. The side skirt doesn’t look right when held in place. The top won’t even go in all the way even if I’m pushing it. Just not enough clearance. I was looking at the skirts because I thought maybe the skirts were warped too but no. They are as they should be. It’s just too concave for this fender mount style. There’s nothing wrong with the skirt necessarily, it’s the fact that the skirt is made for cars without that mount (not sure if it’s pre lci/lci or just year difference). The product page does not say this and the people at kies didnt know about the different fender mount until I brought it to their attention. I’m sure the skirt would fit on a car without the fender mount, but they don’t say anything about a difference in the listing.
Appreciate 0