E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding question after auto to manual swap 320d

11-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #1
tainabrundage
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 BMW E36

Exclamation Coding question after auto to manual swap 320d

Hi, as the title says, i have manual swapped my 320d, i changed the VO in ncsexpert, coded all the relevant modules like CAS and FRM and others that i cant remember exactly, now for my problem:

Car starts, runs, and drives great but the radiator fan goes fullblast all the time.

Is this related to the swap coding, or is this something that just randomly happened at the same time and it's a whole different issue?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
evominati
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

Probably the DDE is expecting something from the gearbox and not getting it. Imo the engine ECU(DDE) needs flashing a compliment to that is a remap + dpf off + egr off
My 320D 163 got to 212 just with a remap
      12-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #3
tainabrundage
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evominati View Post
Probably the DDE is expecting something from the gearbox and not getting it. Imo the engine ECU(DDE) needs flashing a compliment to that is a remap + dpf off + egr off
I already had dpf off, egr off and a stage 1 remap on it, do i need to flash a tune that was based of a manual ecu in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #4
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tainabrundage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evominati View Post
I already had dpf off, egr off and a stage 1 remap on it, do i need to flash a tune that was based of a manual ecu in the first place?
Most of the BMW DME files are none gearbox specific. Meaning one tune works for both manual and automatic.

The fan speed should be driven be the DME, I would check the Commanded Fan duty cycle via INPA or what ever tool you like to use. Also check the coolant sensors via the same tool.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #5
tainabrundage
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Most of the BMW DME files are none gearbox specific. Meaning one tune works for both manual and automatic.

The fan speed should be driven be the DME, I would check the Commanded Fan duty cycle via INPA or what ever tool you like to use. Also check the coolant sensors via the same tool.
Sorry for the late response, I got caught up at work, so, the coolant temperature sensor shows correct values, no problems there, no overheat messages or anything like that.

But I have noticed another thing and I'm not sure if its connected, the car now never gets up to temp, the highest it ever got in the last week was a 70C in stop&go traffic
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 11:22 AM   #6
evominati
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post

You have a point because from what I know from EDCs there are maps for manual and auto I guess it does NOT matter for the DDE what the trans is.