E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Headed to the track - '07 335i - Advice needed!

05-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
19E92
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 335i / '11 535i xDrive

Question Headed to the track - '07 335i - Advice needed!

I'll be headed to the track for the first time ever and I have a question about heatsoak...

During every day driving, if I'm driving in a spirited manner, my oil temps will reach to about 250 F. Yesterday, for example, the temperature outside was about 72F (22.5 C) - after driving in sport mode and having some fun, I felt the effects of heat soak. This seems to be a normal occurrence which I have unwillingly accepted.

My question is, on a 1/3 mile oval track, will I have any problems with heat soak? I'd imagine we'll be travelling at higher speeds which would mean sufficient air flow and cooling, but I really have no idea of what to expect.

Can I hit WOT without worrying about pushing the car too hard and it getting too hot?

Would an hour of track time be too long?

Is there any risk of going into limp mode due to heat on a track like this?

My setup:

2007 E92 335i Sport Package
JB4 G4 board
BMS DCI
Stock oil cooler and intercooler

Also, advice for tire pressure and how many pounds I should torque the wheels down to would be appreciated.

and

DCT on or off?

Thank you!
Monaco Blue E92 // BMS JB4 G5 ISO // BMS Backend Flash // Dual Cone Intake // ER Chargepipe // Dual HKS SSQV BOV Setup // BMW Performance Spoiler // 19" v710 Dolphin Grey // Aero Front Lip // M3 Sideskirts // Mtech Rear Bumper // Quad Tip Diffuser // Quad Exhaust //
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Enable the max cool mode on JB4, it should help you stay way from a limp mode.

Leave the DCT on if you don't have LSD. If it is an oval track with very little braking, you can just get away with stock brake pads.

Otherwise, have fun.
Appreciate 0