E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > What is meant as "illegal modification" in HK+ extra police enforcement of speeding

02-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #89
JohnMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oda View Post
well..you must be over the speed limit to activate the camera, you may feel that you are going as the same flow as the cars in front of you..but 3-5km/h could already be the difference to trigger the shot..
True, but the police don't usually give speeding tickets for going 3-5km over the limit, 15km+, probably warrants a ticket, but 3-5 km over is ridiculous. Have you gotten a ticket for going 3-5 km over the limit? If speed limit enforcement was that strict, probably 50%+ of all drivers in HK would have their license suspended by now.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:47 PM   #90
css
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMan View Post
True, but the police don't usually give speeding tickets for going 3-5km over the limit, 15km+, probably warrants a ticket, but 3-5 km over is ridiculous. Have you gotten a ticket for going 3-5 km over the limit? If speed limit enforcement was that strict, probably 50%+ of all drivers in HK would have their license suspended by now.
i think you misunderstood me, i mean, to trigger the shot,if i remember correctly, need +15km/h over legal speed...

lets say the legal speed limit is 50, and you are following the flow, the car in front of you is doing 64/50, which is 14km/h over, he/she may not trigger the shot but if you were doing 65-68/50, which is 15 - 18km/h over, you will trigger the shot, which those 3-5km difference between you and the car in front, will decide whether you will trigger it or not.

P.S. you could get ticket for going within 15km/h over legal speed, (my friend had a 13km/h over speed limit, minus 4km/h off for error, he got charged for 7km/h over legal speed limit) its just a fine with no points deducted, so those drivers wont get their license suspended if they are keeping their speeds under 15km/h over legal speed
Appreciate 0