E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Does anyone have the Umnitza P90 FX-R retrofit Headlights?

11-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #133
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Ok So last night I was very annoyed with all my errors I had going on so I found this guy on here that codes he did my car at 11 last night for a killer price and also did all the cool features for my like digital mph on dash and rolling windows up and down from key fob and so much more awesome dude located in Los Angeles!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...3#post10844863

I think its safe to say im error free now
Ill post a full write up with pics as soon as i can
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #134
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonym96 View Post
Ok So last night I was very annoyed with all my errors I had going on so I found this guy on here that codes he did my car at 11 last night for a killer price and also did all the cool features for my like digital mph on dash and rolling windows up and down from key fob and so much more awesome dude located in Los Angeles!

What year is your car? I did all that coding too, but I still have one error code I cannot figure out. It's the "car on lift" error, and it turns off my passenger low beam for about a minute then turns it back on for the rest of the trip.

I'm guessing that's some kind of warm test, but I can't figure out which warm test it is. I thought I disabled all warm testing and cold testing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #135
jayt292
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:

yes please a write up would be great
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #136
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have a 2006. The worst of the years thr soo sensitive its redicc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevendous03 View Post
What year is your car? I did all that coding too, but I still have one error code I cannot figure out. It's the "car on lift" error, and it turns off my passenger low beam for about a minute then turns it back on for the rest of the trip.

I'm guessing that's some kind of warm test, but I can't figure out which warm test it is. I thought I disabled all warm testing and cold testing.

Will do man, Im just waiting for my internet to get back up, im on my work comp and cant really do that much while im working
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtNJ92 View Post
yes please a write up would be great
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #137
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a 2006. The worst of the years thr soo sensitive its redicc
I have a 2006 also, and I coded out all the warm and cold bulb checks and I still get the car on lift error. At least the low beam error is gone though and so is the parking lamp error. Can you by chance ask your coder what lines of code he deactivated for the headlights to be error-free? That would be a huge help. I already talked to some other coders, and they couldn't help me out. I coded mine myself, and it was pretty simple to do... it's just that I'm stuck on this one thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #138
LLinxuS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro

Garage List
2007 328i e90  [9.28]
Quote:
I have a 2006 also, and I coded out all the warm and cold bulb checks and I still get the car on lift error. At least the low beam error is gone though and so is the parking lamp error. Can you by chance ask your coder what lines of code he deactivated for the headlights to be error-free? That would be a huge help. I already talked to some other coders, and they couldn't help me out. I coded mine myself, and it was pretty simple to do... it's just that I'm stuck on this one thing.
The Car on Lift is something bigger than coding I feel like...

Even when I first installed my headlights (without even coding) I only got a few bulb errors for the HIDs and the Angel Eyes. Might have gotten one for the turn signals as well, not sure.

This is on a 2007 E90 (10/06 build date)
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #139
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinxuS View Post
The Car on Lift is something bigger than coding I feel like...

Even when I first installed my headlights (without even coding) I only got a few bulb errors for the HIDs and the Angel Eyes. Might have gotten one for the turn signals as well, not sure.

This is on a 2007 E90 (10/06 build date)
I'm sure it has something to do with just the low beams, because it only appears when I have the low beams on. I can go with just parking lamps and it doesn't come on. So somehow the low beams are triggering it. I don't think it's a faulty igniter or ballast either, because the lights do work right away, and they don't flicker. It just goes off randomly then comes back on a minute later and stays on. This makes me think it has to be some kind of coding for the AL (low beam). I did a search for AL in the FRM module, and there were lots of things. I need to try one of those prob.

That's good to hear that your 2007 didn't throw as many errors as my 2006.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #140
jayt292
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

at anthonym96, since you have an 06 as well, where your lights flickering on and off too?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #141
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
at anthonym96, since you have an 06 as well, where your lights flickering on and off too?
yes they were flickering, I had to get a special ballast from umnitza which stopped the flickering but not the errors so thats why i had to get it coded
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #142
milly
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [9.00]
Supposedly mine are getting shipped tomorrow!
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #143
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Model 3 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by milly View Post
Supposedly mine are getting shipped tomorrow!
hey same here lol, lets hope for something good
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #144
jayt292
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yes they were flickering, I had to get a special ballast from umnitza which stopped the flickering but not the errors so thats why i had to get it coded
what were the ballast you got from them that stopped the flickering?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #145
milly
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
hey same here lol, lets hope for something good
He told me they finished tonight but after fedex came by to pick items up...so hopefully they will get shipped out tomorrow morning!
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #146
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep

We need pics!!!! cmon people! post the photos of your headlights!~
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #147
Snyperx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i (SOLD)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I just finished coding my car for my fishcake LED Halo Halogen lights. No errors. I coded out the cold/warm bulb checking for the front turn signals as well as the DRL/AE's. Code is gone and I am happy. This is on a 8/2005 build 325i.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #148
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyperx View Post
I just finished coding my car for my fishcake LED Halo Halogen lights. No errors. I coded out the cold/warm bulb checking for the front turn signals as well as the DRL/AE's. Code is gone and I am happy. This is on a 8/2005 build 325i.
nice, congrats, the AEs look sick right? could you pose pics of the beam pattern for your lights?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #149
anthonym96
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what were the ballast you got from them that stopped the flickering?

Not sure umnitza sells them
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #150
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

ERROR UPDATE:

I decided to start all my coding for CAS and FRM modules over tonight, since I got off work early to try to resolve the final/only error I have been having.

I reset both of those modules to stock by creating a blank MAN file and performing job SG_CODIEREN (code the ECU). I then went back and changed the VO (vehicle order) for Xenons by adding $522 to the VO for the CAS, then I went through the whole FA_WRITE to CAS and FRM modules, also performing SG_CODIEREN after each FA_WRITE to basically set the car to thinking it has Xenons from the manufacturer and giving me the proper code for the FRM module later on.

Voila! I finally was able to see the new code within the FRM module (the line of code that people were talking about in the VO coding thread):

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_02
wert_03

... which I changed to...

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
wert_01

... in order to get the high beams to work properly.

I also disabled the CHECK_SMC_ERROR (adaptive check) and disabled the AUTO_LWR_ENABLE (auto-leveling). I then proceeded to go back and code everything I did the first time around in the CAS and FRM modules, disabling all bulb checks and error messages within the headlights, doing corner delete, etc.

Everything now works without a hitch!!! No more passenger headlight going out randomly, no more error codes, no more "car on lift" service error. I can officially say I am now error-free!

Now for some cutoff pics from my iPhone... I was going to take pics with my 5D, but it's been raining cats and dogs here for 2 days straight. I don't like getting my camera wet. haha So far the headlights have not fogged up at all in heavy rain either.

^^^ Wayyyyy sharper cutoff than OEM BMW xenons. When you see the beam in front of you down the street, and you hit some bumps, you can really see that sharp cutoff in action!

As you can tell, my alignment is slightly off with the right projector... it's a tad bit tilted. I can't fix this. This is about as good as I could get the alignment for the cutoff to look as straight as possible with the gradual step.

If you think it looks like my driver's side projector is aimed higher, it's really not. My garage floor tilts where I pull in. This is also not on level ground... the garage floor is a bit raised, so the front tires are higher than the rear, causing the beam pattern to look raised. Trust me, on level ground, the beam is level with the headlight.

Last edited by Trevendous03; 11-22-2011 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #151
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
ERROR UPDATE:

^^^ Wayyyyy sharper cutoff than OEM BMW xenons. When you see the beam in front of you down the street, and you hit some bumps, you can really see that sharp cutoff in action!

As you can tell, my alignment is slightly off with the right projector... it's a tad bit tilted. I can't fix this. This is about as good as I could get the alignment for the cutoff to look as straight as possible with the gradual step.

If you think it looks like my driver's side projector is aimed higher, it's really not. My garage floor tilts where I pull in. This is also not on level ground... the garage floor is a bit raised, so the front tires are higher than the rear, causing the beam pattern to look raised. Trust me, on level ground, the beam is level with the headlight.
First congrats on the coding! glad to hear every error has been coded out!

i have to say the beam pattern and light distribution is VERY WELL indeed, and the sharp cutoff is fabulous. if you hadn't mentioned the tilting bit of the right side i wouldn't have noticed it in the first place. this is a trillion times better than OEM halogen!

now i just cant wait to get my set!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #152
Simon.bmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 323I.

Hi Trevendous, im new for this forum, i just found this forum recently.. i got a 06 E90 323I in Canada, i also has the halo highlight, and bought a set of aftermarket from Umnitza, im learning how to replace my highlight by myself, and how to code cars, do u have any diy guide that i can use? also, what machine do i need to get for coding?? thank you very much.. i m really new and dot know to much about coding !! you r answer would be grateful.!! thx!!!

Quote:
ERROR UPDATE:

I decided to start all my coding for CAS and FRM modules over tonight, since I got off work early to try to resolve the final/only error I have been having.

I reset both of those modules to stock by creating a blank MAN file and performing job SG_CODIEREN (code the ECU). I then went back and changed the VO (vehicle order) for Xenons by adding $522 to the VO for the CAS, then I went through the whole FA_WRITE to CAS and FRM modules, also performing SG_CODIEREN after each FA_WRITE to basically set the car to thinking it has Xenons from the manufacturer and giving me the proper code for the FRM module later on.

Voila! I finally was able to see the new code within the FRM module (the line of code that people were talking about in the VO coding thread):

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_02
wert_03

... which I changed to...

PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01
wert_01

... in order to get the high beams to work properly.

I also disabled the CHECK_SMC_ERROR (adaptive check) and disabled the AUTO_LWR_ENABLE (auto-leveling). I then proceeded to go back and code everything I did the first time around in the CAS and FRM modules, disabling all bulb checks and error messages within the headlights, doing corner delete, etc.

Everything now works without a hitch!!! No more passenger headlight going out randomly, no more error codes, no more "car on lift" service error. I can officially say I am now error-free!

Now for some cutoff pics from my iPhone... I was going to take pics with my 5D, but it's been raining cats and dogs here for 2 days straight. I don't like getting my camera wet. haha So far the headlights have not fogged up at all in heavy rain either.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #153
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
First congrats on the coding! glad to hear every error has been coded out!

i have to say the beam pattern and light distribution is VERY WELL indeed, and the sharp cutoff is fabulous. if you hadn't mentioned the tilting bit of the right side i wouldn't have noticed it in the first place. this is a trillion times better than OEM halogen!

now i just cant wait to get my set!
Let me know how your install goes! I do love the cutoff. Its really sharp! Not fuzzy like the OEM Xenons, and way nicer than the OEM halogens haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.bmw View Post
Hi Trevendous, im new for this forum, i just found this forum recently.. i got a 06 E90 323I in Canada, i also has the halo highlight, and bought a set of aftermarket from Umnitza, im learning how to replace my highlight by myself, and how to code cars, do u have any diy guide that i can use? also, what machine do i need to get for coding?? thank you very much.. i m really new and dot know to much about coding !! you r answer would be grateful.!! thx!!!
Look for a forum thread called "BMW Coding Success"... All the information you need is in there, but you can follow some of what i did for your 2006.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #154
milly
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [9.00]
CONGRATULATIONS ON ERROR FREE!

I bet you're glad you took the day off of work hahaha..My fedex shipment finally started tracking today for my headlights so HOPEFULLY I'll get them by friday/saturday. This is going to be sooo sick but again HOPEFULLY i wont get as many errors as you because i'm afraid i won't be able to code all of it out lol.. My coding cable is on the way though, just in case
Appreciate 0