E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Logic 7 Upgrade

03-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #1
jme93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 e61 M5 Touring

Logic 7 Upgrade

Anyone done some upgrades to Logic 7? Other forums discuss extensively seems JBL MS8 should be Plug'n'play but installer in MK says extensive re-wiring $3000 install 5-6 hours.

I am also considering a Bavsound Stage 1 and Ghost Woofer with some new subs under the seats and a powered amp. Probably should dynamat too.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
Revero17
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i BMW M Sport

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jme93 View Post
Anyone done some upgrades to Logic 7? Other forums discuss extensively seems JBL MS8 should be Plug'n'play but installer in MK says extensive re-wiring $3000 install 5-6 hours.

I am also considering a Bavsound Stage 1 and Ghost Woofer with some new subs under the seats and a powered amp. Probably should dynamat too.
You will like the bavsound upgrade, more fidelity plus logic l7 particularly sounds much louder than most other sounds with minimal distortion. Then get technics logic l7 harness to add a woofer in the trunk and then be outstanded at the clean and simple upgrade. Now there are different options like the jbl-ms8 or what I prefer is the Audison bit one where you can can equalize everything and have a much better control of your entire system. Only problem is when do you want to stop. Once you get a high end DSP processor it is customary to upgrade other components such as speakers, adding aftermarket amps,etc.. I've done a full focal setup in my 2011 e90 consisting of 3 sets of 100krs, 2 focal fps4160, 1 focal fps2160, 1 focal fps 500, 1 focal 33kx, Audison bit one and kinetik battery and more. Just depends where you would like to stop to be honest. That focal install was with a hifi system in previous e90. I chose to do the bavsound sound upgrade because not only time is saved but even someone like me who's a complete audiophile is satisfied enough. It's your choice, plus ask technic what other harnesses he has available to make you life easier if you choose to go with a processor.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
jme93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the reply and info. Will start w Bavsound and go from there. Technic doesn't ship overseas any more. Do you have his email?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Revero17
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i BMW M Sport

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Also dynamat will always help. Buy 36sq ft if dynamat extreme for 148 from eBay with a roller

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251067798306?nav=SEARCH

Will be enough for doors and trunk and some for other specified areas

P.S. You won't need to upgrade your midbass woofers, you midbass woofers are for midbass not sub bass. Let a sub take care of the sub bass. Remember if you let every component do it's job that it was designed for then efficiency and quality will always be your friend
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
jme93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Good suggestions! Thank you.

I've ordered GT Mat and Bavsound.

Any suggestion on a decent installer in HK?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
I used Oriental Radio in Wanchai. PM for contact. They know the cars very well. I did my research on my own on these forums and bought all the gear myself and paid them just for install which is what they prefer.

for you i recommend a similar setup to mine on my new car.

On my e90, I upgraded amp, dsp, all speakers, dynamat, using technic harness. Everyting hidden under trunk carpet with clean professional wiring. Leaving the stereo in the car on trade in with BMW. Next owner will have a happy. I did think of taking everything out and and reversing the wiring, but want to try all new stuff for my new car F10lci 520i and don't want a risk damaging any wiring during the process of taking out the stereo. Showed the stereo to BMW so they know what they are getting and they didn't care.

I bought all gear below. in business trip now so i return, i pickup new car, then NBT nav retrofit and install below:
JBL MS-8 dsp & amp (for rears and center)
JL Audio xd400/4 amp for front speakers (tweeter/mid/underseat)
MB Quart qm200.3bmw 3 way compo for fronts/underseats (plug & play)
MB Quart qm200.3 bmw coax for rear shelf
no technic harness any more but I found similar so no original wire cutting.
all new wires to speakers & dynamat
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #7
jme93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
I used Oriental Radio in Wanchai. PM for contact. They know the cars very well. I did my research on my own on these forums and bought all the gear myself and paid them just for install which is what they prefer.

for you i recommend a similar setup to mine on my new car.

On my e90, I upgraded amp, dsp, all speakers, dynamat, using technic harness. Everyting hidden under trunk carpet with clean professional wiring. Leaving the stereo in the car on trade in with BMW. Next owner will have a happy. I did think of taking everything out and and reversing the wiring, but want to try all new stuff for my new car F10lci 520i and don't want a risk damaging any wiring during the process of taking out the stereo. Showed the stereo to BMW so they know what they are getting and they didn't care.

I bought all gear below. in business trip now so i return, i pickup new car, then NBT nav retrofit and install below:
JBL MS-8 dsp & amp (for rears and center)
JL Audio xd400/4 amp for front speakers (tweeter/mid/underseat)
MB Quart qm200.3bmw 3 way compo for fronts/underseats (plug & play)
MB Quart qm200.3 bmw coax for rear shelf
no technic harness any more but I found similar so no original wire cutting.
all new wires to speakers & dynamat
Great suggestions! Thanks! Will PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
jme93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Finally Bav Sound arrives- Install

Took. BavSound a while to ship as they were back ordered. I actually gave Jeremy av BavSound a bit of a hard time b/c they didn't tell me it would be 6-8 weeks but they took my money.
Turned out ok though in the end cuz the Technics harness and GT mat off ebay(thanks for the suggestions on that -Revero17- way cheaper for same stuff).

So the box arrived and I tore it open like Boxing Day. Inside everything was packed very neatly with their own individual inner boxes and styrofoam liners. The drivers in the speakers were quite heavy.

I wondered if Wing at Oriental would give me the usual HK runaround so I called ahead and he seemed to know what I was saying. Took it all to Oriental(thanks (Ahkter).
Wing opens all the boxes looks over stuff- says "these are really good. We have done this before- no problem" Even the Technics harness, he just looked at it and said ok- straight into Logic7 no cutting but you need bass and power. So amps and subs - first we talked about the under seat subs but when he opened it up- said these are already as good as you can get so just run more power from the amp and put a 10" inch where the pass through from rear seat to boot should be but deleted on a Cab.
Appreciate 0