E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > e60 5 series- 2600 takes it

12-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #1
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

e60 5 series- 2600 takes it

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Car is decent. needs turbos. i could trade it in, prefer to see go to enthusiast. can't deal with 400 craigslist emails a day

spent a lot of money maintaining- new xenon lights, new tires, new brakes, oil gasket housing. turbos will need to be replaced soon. great car for a mechanically inclined person. if i don't sell in 1.5 weeks its getting traded in or going to auction

great winter driver!
https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...763727945.html

Hi All, i am selling my 2008 BMW 535xi. this car is loaded, has Nav, Sport package ( not the M Sport one) Sport seats, upgraded leather, dark wood trim.

The Good:

-Family owned for may years ( cousin, a fellow auto enthusiast bought it from BMW as CPO, i bought it from him about 3 years ago.
-has been maintained with an " open checkbook" i have a f80 m3 and now an x5d, so i need to cut back on all the cars.
-3,000$ worth of maintenance in last two years, at BMW Dealer, or certified BMW Techs at German Auto Repair shops
- Recently did Oil Gasket housing, front struts, new brakes, new continental OEM tires, new headlight, coolant hoses, and more- have all receipts. My Uncle ( cousins father who i bought car from) is a mechanic. this car has been consistently maintained.
-Interior is immaculate, looks and smells great
- comes with Snow tires and rims ( i think blizzak)
-heated seats, steering wheel
- Heat and AC Work great
-rock solid handling and performance
-Also comes with 19' 4 month old Continental all season tires

The BAD
-CCC unit does sometimes not work. it works in the winter months with no issue( any time below 40 degrees it works fine) typically, even in the summer, if you press and hold the 5+6 button, it turns on 95% of the time.
-- I joke that this does not bother me because it's such a great winter driver
- recently has been making a "whining" noise about 30% of the time.
- about a 6 inch long "ding"... looks like somebody passed it with a bike
- it does leak oil slowly. Mechanics confirmed this is NOT the oil gasket, but from the bottom of the oil pain- not going to damage anything in the future- they said not worth addressing in the future
- no NAV CD- can't find it
-steering wheel is one part of interior that shows wear. always thought of sending it to coby wheels for alcantera but never got around to it

Exterior 7/10 for age, Interior is 9/10 for age.

Personally, i think this would be a great car for a auto enthusiast. i am tempted to keep it and use it in the winter for ski trips ( AMAZING in snow), but with two other BMW's i need to move on

happy to discount to an auto enthusiast or younger guy ( or gal) looking for a fun car- would hate to see it go to dealership considering all of the work that has been put into it

i know, i know, Pics coming this week. PM Me your number and i'lll text you

182,000 miles

new turbos will cost about 1000 in Labor- i'd recommend the ECS tuning one- will enhance performance substantially

NO low balls, will be deleted- i already have a decent offer for trade in, i'd prefer to see it go to enthusiast.

Car is going to be traded in before Christmas, if i don't sell

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

Link is broken - is it sold?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
hockey21
Captain