E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bulb problems - LUX helped me and issue solved :)

08-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d LCI

Bulb problems - LUX helped me and issue solved :)

I ordered the V3 LUX angel eye bulbs for my car, 2010 320d LCI with halogen headlights, and they dont seem to fit. Did i get the wrong bulbs, or is my car weird? Euro car, imported from belgium to Iceland. A few years ago the previous owner rear-ended someone, and i presume he had to change the headlights. They look OEM to me, but i'm wondering if anyone here with an LCI E90/91 with halogen headlamps has pictures of the halo bulb housing? As you can see in the pictures, the bulb is way too big for the protective cap to fit in any way, and the other ebay led i have in, i had to dremel a bit off the sides to fit the cap.
Any input is greatly appreciated, and i think i've seen LUX post here, if you see this, it would be great if you could clarify if i got the right bulb type. Is there a difference between euro and US versions of specifically this exact headlight? LCI sedan/wagon with halogen low and high beams.
Cheers!
(Bonus pic of yellow PIAA bulbs i just put in the fogs )
Attached Images

Last edited by Steini9494; 09-25-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

It appears that your headlights were manufactured by ZKW and not Valeo. The LUX E90 LCI Halogen V3 will only fir the Valeo headlights. You can however swap these for the LUX E90 V7 lights which will work correctly on your brand headlights.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
It appears that your headlights were manufactured by ZKW and not Valeo. The LUX E90 LCI Halogen V3 will only fir the Valeo headlights. You can however swap these for the LUX E90 V7 lights which will work correctly on your brand headlights.
Thank you! If i send them back to you, would you just send me a pair of V7 back? Would it be better to discuss the details in a private message? Thanks for the quick answers
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep

Quote:
I just read that the V7 is for pre-lci, but my car is LCI (2010)
Will the V7 definitely fit? Did the pre lci halogen cars come with halos? Do Valeo LCI cars use the same bulbs as pre-lci?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steini9494 View Post
I just read that the V7 is for pre-lci, but my car is LCI (2010)
Will the V7 definitely fit? Did the pre lci halogen cars come with halos? Do Valeo LCI cars use the same bulbs as pre-lci?
I'll send you a PM. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 05:22 AM   #6
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep

This has pretty much been resolved, they messaged me and it turns out since i have european ZKW brand headlamps, i need the LUX V7, so i mailed mine back to them and they're sending me a set of V7, big thanks to lux for being really helpful and easy about all this, will post pics after i install them, from everything i've seen and read, they'll be a huge upgrade from having a cheap ebay led bulb of the wrong type
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #7
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep

Big thanks to LUX angel eyes for being very nice about all this, i ordered the wrong bulb, i sent it back, and they sent me the correct type free of charge!
They fit perfectly, easy install, the cover fits over them and everything. They light up the whole ring, with no "blind spots" like the other bulbs, and they're at least 5x brighter, pretty sure they're well visible in daylight. Very happy with them, the driver side one is slightly dimmer, which is why i only put pics of the passenger side, but that's just because of my installation, i just need to adjust it a tiny bit so it will be perfect. Huge shoutout to LUX, quality product, great service, and a very easy plug-n-play install
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #8
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steini9494 View Post
Big thanks to LUX angel eyes for being very nice about all this, i ordered the wrong bulb, i sent it back, and they sent me the correct type free of charge!
They fit perfectly, easy install, the cover fits over them and everything. They light up the whole ring, with no "blind spots" like the other bulbs, and they're at least 5x brighter, pretty sure they're well visible in daylight. Very happy with them, the driver side one is slightly dimmer, which is why i only put pics of the passenger side, but that's just because of my installation, i just need to adjust it a tiny bit so it will be perfect. Huge shoutout to LUX, quality product, great service, and a very easy plug-n-play install
Glad to hear that you got these installed and that you're happy with them!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #9
Steini9494
Enlisted Member
Iceland
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear that you got these installed and that you're happy with them!!
Thanks so much for all the help! I was gonna send you comparison pics of the old and new bulbs, but it was dark out and my phone camera is pretty shite for such low light conditions, but i'd say these are probably 5x brighter than the old ones! Will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for bulbs
Appreciate 0