E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > PROGMAN v28 is acomin' soon

04-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #111
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
The iPod interface is the most immediately noticeable improvement - WAY better! It's actually usable now - I can't believe the difference. Same for scrolling through Sirius channels - much faster & more usable.

So thanks again to all here for the tips & the SIBs - it really helped convince the dealer to perform the upgrade. All's well that ends well - until the next software revision...

BTW, they installed 27.xx.xx - they acted like they were not aware of anything beyond that...
I assume you're using an actual iPod player? Can you access playlists, songs, etc, via the voice command interface? I'm using a plain ol USB thumbdrive. Just curious
      04-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #112
eekthecat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3series View Post

That is one of the newer versions (post-25), because it doesn't have the same details as the older brown one (there were graphics with symbols that related to nav, bluetooth, audio, climate, and it didn't have the lines; see here: http://bp0.blogger.com/_Bz3BLXXQ7XA/...-h/Idrive2.jpg), and your car is too new to be the older brown one. In any case, that color does look like a light brown, rather than silver, but I can't imagine why.

Also, the "secret" menu does exist; it's no joke-- at least on pre-progman 25 versions-- i think it is more of a diagnostics/debug menu than anything else. if you search around enough i'm sure you can find info for the more recent versions. see, e.g., http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=secret+menu
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4379
Thanks for the info... I'll check to see if I can access the 'secret' menu after work. I wonder if I have some in-between version (does anyone else's look like this?). I'd hate to bring it into the dealer to ask them to update based on some items that were broken on versions prior to mine.

My main issues (in just 2 weeks though) are a sluggish menu and the ventilation fans (no a/c) going from normal max to *FULL BLAST* back to normal max, over and over again.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 12:42 AM   #113
BarryK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger44 View Post
I assume you're using an actual iPod player? Can you access playlists, songs, etc, via the voice command interface? I'm using a plain ol USB thumbdrive. Just curious
Hmm... good question - I'll have to check. I'm pretty sure you can switch between sources (i.e.: radio, am, fm, ipod) with voice commands, but not sure about playlists & songs. I haven't actually used the voice interface much at all - I haven't had time to really figure it all out. But I need to try it again - could be very useful...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #114
Stinger44
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
Hmm... good question - I'll have to check. I'm pretty sure you can switch between sources (i.e.: radio, am, fm, ipod) with voice commands, but not sure about playlists & songs. I haven't actually used the voice interface much at all - I haven't had time to really figure it all out. But I need to try it again - could be very useful...
Yes, you're correct that you can switch between sources with voice commands. I haven't had any luck selecting any other AUX functions with voice commands. Perhaps with future PROGMAN releases they'll expand voice command capabilities for this. Interesting that it's possible to select phonebook names, etc., using the bluetooth so suffice it to say it would be logical if song selection was included in the voice command menu also.