E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > This is so UNACCEPTABLE!

04-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
FashionChef
Professional Chef
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i (SB, SP, PP)

This is what I am going to do ...

Yes, I agree to what Blackie said. I did read the Offer To Lease carefully, and did ask the line that says "I also understand that the prices quoted may change due to changes in interest rates and residual values from date of contract". But the sales manager did not give me any definite answer as of when this rate will change. I did ask a lot of questions, believe me ... as this is my first time LEASING a car.

Tenchi: I've talked to the sales manager again, and I will ask for this in writing that if the E90 does not meet my expectation, I will not accept the car and/or walk away. Similar as what Canucklion said.

Youngtechman & PersonaNonGrata: as I have the same thought as findtom that he is just trying to meet his April quota. But he explained the contract quote to me, and then saying its the BMW Financial that changes the rate WHEN I AM NOT LOCKED IN YET, since I have not signed the CONTRACT. To them, the Offer To Lease is just a proposal and it will subject to change. Like now, as they said.

325er: I totally agree as I head T&C's reputation and customer services is lacking due to their very high sales profit anyways. They do not have good customer services compare to Autohaus or Parkview. About Chinese screwing Chinese, I am not sure. Because I do not like to deal with a Chinese salesman in the first place. I know their tricks. Learn this straight from Hong Kong when I was back working in Marketing for 2 years. Lots of lies and deceits.

blam: I know not all Chinese salesman are like that. But if you are Chinese, you know we have a very tricky culture and its originate back in Hong Kong. I am sure you know. Not brushing all Chinese salesman in the same way. I am sure you might not be the same ones as we talked about. No offense, its just previous bad experiences that drives us all think that way.

SignHere: We do not have a 60days lockdown in Toronto. If we do, then this might not happen to me. Or simply, they are just playing tricks here. Or whatever they are doing, I have no idea. Simply trying to get me to sign the LEASE asap. I've talked to all of my Bimmer owner friends and none of them heard of such a thing. But then something strange is that BMW Financial decide the rate to change now as of May 1st.

Stressdoc & Ini: Yes, that is what the sales manager told me. My monthly payment on the Offer To Lease paper says I am paying $756.01 per month for 36 months. And after May 1st, my monthly will change to $788.73. He also told me that because I have not sign the CONTRACT yet (meaning the withdrawl monthly from my bank account has not started yet .. also meaning I am NOT locked down yet), the rate is still subject to change. To my benefit, in my opinion, I do not have a choice but to go in this morning, pay and sign the LEASE. I did complained about the DAYS that I do not have my E90. I asked the Sales Manager that what happen to the for example, 12 days that I do not have my car? Who compensate for that? BMW? He told me that $756.01/31days = $25/day and T&C BMW will credit me $25/day (credit not cash!) for the days they cannot give me my E90. Ok, I accept that, because at least they did something to fill in the empty days.

So, no matter what it is, I will go in and sign the LEASE this morning. As I do not want to pay $788.73 monthly for the next 3 years as they have strongly put. Yes, I am getting lubed here as I can see. But there is nothing I could do but to go along with their BS. I want the E90, and this is the only option for me. If I do not want the E90, I have already walk away and forget about the non-refundable deposit.

Yes, I do want to meet you all that replied to me in this topic. Please add me to your MSN or email me at prochefcatering@hotmail.com
Please tell me your real name and phone number, so I can arrange a meet just for us.

Thank you those who reply to me that are not in Toronto, please add me on your MSN too. We can chat online.
      04-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Hard to say what is reality without more data. You could call BMW financial and find out what the rates are and if they are changing. It sounds legitimate to me, and certainly is something you could verify. If this is the case, your sales rep did you a favor. You could also consider shopping around for other financing. Regardless, congrats on getting a great car! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2006, 11:32 PM   #25
FashionChef
Professional Chef
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Hard to say what is reality without more data. You could call BMW financial and find out what the rates are and if they are changing. It sounds legitimate to me, and certainly is something you could verify. If this is the case, your sales rep did you a favor. You could also consider shopping around for other financing. Regardless, congrats on getting a great car! Enjoy it!
Thanks, I still have to wait for 8-12 days approx for my E90. But have already signed the LEASE AGREEMENT today. So ... hope all is well with the new car and hope they ordered everything right. But thanks ...
      05-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #26
Bimmakid
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i,sp pckg,HK sys,cm ac

Yeah I don't like town and country too much either, i got no respect when I walked in there to purchase my e46. So I went downtown and I got a super deal.I just ordered my 330i and expecting delivery sometime in june. How long does it usually take for Canadian delivery? Go to downtown BMW great service.(AT DOWNTOWN BMW YOU'RE A SOMEBODY)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #27
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

Got treated pretty well at Toronto BMW. Walked in Saturday afternoon, took delivery this Monday evening
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #28
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

hey, take solace that it's only 8-12 days, I waited over 30 days for my. Hope it works out
Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionChef
Thanks, I still have to wait for 8-12 days approx for my E90. But have already signed the LEASE AGREEMENT today. So ... hope all is well with the new car and hope they ordered everything right. But thanks ...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 01:44 AM   #29
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi Special Edition

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
We should just start a buoycot against T&C, lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #30
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Hey Fashionchef,

Do not be bullied into resigning anything until you have your car in sight and all is well. If you have to, have a certified accountant present at the delivery if there is any sign of trouble.

I do not know what the dealers sales guy is doing but it doesnt sound good.

However, we are now in May, so I trust you are keeping a level headed approach and wait to see what happens when your car is delivered.

Remember, T & C want to get rid of the car and collect their money just as quickly as you want to take delivery. Don't let them get the upper hand as you are the customer.

All the best
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 02:16 AM   #31
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Always go with your gut feeling! Sounds like you should stay away from the deal and get your money back and go somewhere else.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #32
youngtechman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i -> X3 M40i

FashionChef

Did you get your car yet?
Also, in your mind, what are you going to use the "Credit" that T&C give you because you don't have your car.

I think from now on, I will stay away from T&C , period.
When I shop for my E90, T&C was the first deal I went because is closest to my home, and I got out very unhappy and went etc. I was unhappy because of their salesman don't know their shit and keep feeding me

Anyway, Hope get your car soon.
And when you get a call from BMW Canada, make sure you give the dealer all "0".
      05-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #33
FashionChef
Professional Chef
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtechman
FashionChef

Did you get your car yet?
Also, in your mind, what are you going to use the "Credit" that T&C give you because you don't have your car.

I think from now on, I will stay away from T&C , period.
When I shop for my E90, T&C was the first deal I went because is closest to my home, and I got out very unhappy and went etc. I was unhappy because of their salesman don't know their shit and keep feeding me

Anyway, Hope get your car soon.
And when you get a call from BMW Canada, make sure you give the dealer all "0".

No .. I am still waiting for my car, and T & C still have no idea (or that's what they say) that WHEN the car will be here. They just say its en route on the train now. And it was in Halifax. Trying to feed me into all these BS that I know already. I mean they are repeating themselves now.

Bimmakid: My very good friend ordered his 5 series at Downtown BMW, and the ex-sales manager is his good friend. Now this sales manager left and he told me that downtown BMW has great service .. yes ...
Canadian Delivery .. hmm .. no idea. But it depends on what you ordered. XTypeO ordered a 330xi at T & C in the end of Feb with Silver Metallic exterior and black interior ... he got his VIN# earlier than I do .. and his car arrives TODAY!!! even earlier than I do. Cuz I ordered mine on Feb 13th!!!! .. but mine is Black Sapphire Metallic and Terra Interior. They say Terra is not as common in Toronto, that is why it takes longer. .. blah blah blah ... T & C really gets on my nerves ...

Pokerface: Yes .. if you want a BMW that its in there lot, its much easier that way. I head some good things about Toronto BMW too. I guess I am just bad luck when got a referral from my friend.

Canucklion: Thank you, I appreciate it...

XTypeO: Lucky you ... Oh .. I am off Saturday ... I can go check your new car out .. hehe

David325Australia: Yes, that is not much I can do now except to wait. And I did not know before that I can take back my deposit and then walk out. Well, now I know and have to learn it the hard way from T & C. As it is my lack of knowledge here that gave them the upper hand. But again, I only allow myself to have this mistake and will not happen twice. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it ...
      05-05-2006, 01:20 AM   #34
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Actually have to wait until Monday morning, and then gotta go for an interview in the afternoon. Monday will be a busy and interesting day.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #35
ON325i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Garage List
2006 e90 325i  [0.00]
My first visit to T&C about used e46 was awful, that sales rep's attitude is unbearable.

However, my second visit to T&C on e90, this Johnny (young guy) has totally different attitude and very sincere, polite and true from all aspect.
      05-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #36
Xtype0
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 E90 335xi  [0.00]
Johnny is ok, but he still can't get a good deal from the managers. He still has the attitude that BMW is the only car in the market and handling should be your only deciding factor. However, I have a feeling he is one of the better sales reps at T&C.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #37
youngtechman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i -> X3 M40i

So, FashionChef,

Another week just passed, Did you get your car yet?
      05-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #38
DILLIGAF
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330i ZSP MT CA

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I ordered my car in mid November 2005 expecting delivery before the end of January 2006. When I signed my papers in November it showed the current lease rate and residual applicable at the time but would expire at the end of January 2006. My was slightly delayed and I didnt take delivery until the 3rd of February 2006. My SA advised me that the new residual % amount beginning in February was worse for me so he back dated the paperwork to reflect delivery on January 31 and keep the paperwork as originally done. I guess its possible he was lying to me but my gut tells me he wasn't.

In your case it doesnt sound right. Go talk to a manager and see what the deal is and if the SA is BSing you. But in the end be sure you are getting the car your ordered.