E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: Don Juan - Voyage # ED813-DOJ - Due in San Diego on 4/23/08

05-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #815
spn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 MB SL63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanhdy View Post
I just got my clear bra installed yesterday with Ventureshield. They say that Ventureshield is better than 3M on a white car because it doesn't turn yellow. What brand did you go with?
ClearBra film is guaranteed not to fade, yellow, crack or peel as long as you own your car. And, it is my understanding that the yellowing was a problem with older-tech paint protection films and that it involved white cars. I think all companies are now using newer-tech films with UV protection. Since my car is black, and ClearBra is guaranteed for as long as I own my car, and my car is only on a 27-month lease, I didn't have to consider those yellowing issues, even if they are still an issue today.

The first two rock chips my bumper incurred went all the way down to the undercoating, so they showed up as obvious white chips about the size of a pinheads on my black bumper. The alternative was hundreds of white-colored rock chips on my black bumper. I am really happy to have this protection now. If I can just keep from running into anything and damaging the bumper in a bigger way.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #816
Appropriate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 E92 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
yeah im closing in on 700 miles now... I installed the Short Shift kit the other day... and it makes things a bit better... although its still notchy as hell through most of my shifts... makes me feel like I am damaging something but people have said its normal.

I'm tempted to take out the CDV in hopes of it fixing some of the issues I have with driving stick...

how do you like your manual so far?
"Notchy as hell" is right... not really so bad except for at first and second. It kinda feels like something is gonna break dropping it into second from first. Third through 6th is pretty good though... I can't remember how second to third feels... I do know that I'm not a big fan of first though... too much torque for the most part... just can't wait to get into second...
Appreciate 0