Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Custom 19" Teaser

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

05-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #111
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadriven335 View Post
+1 don't post if you don't wanna get criticized.

Here's a teaser, you're gonna get alot more of these posts if you rag on anyone that posts something you don't like.

Hope ur wheels turn out well. GL
Oh boy... I sure am tired of explaining myself. It's like the majority of people on this website only read what they wanna read.
I DONT MIND PEOPLE SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE RIMS, I ONLY "RAGGED" ON PEOPLE WHO MADE SMARTASS REMARKS THAT WERE UNCALLED FOR there's plenty of people that said they didn't like the wheels and I responded to them without any drama..

And BoostedE90 thanks for your comment and for the heads up. I'm sure those prices will go up well over $3k once u stagger the sizes and custom finish them. Plus tires you'd probably be looking at over $4k. If you got the money to burn I say go for it! These wheels turn heads everywhere I go or park. They look way better in person and are far more unique then a lot of the wheels u see here on this site too (not knocking anybody elses wheels).
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #112
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Oh boy... I sure am tired of explaining myself. It's like the majority of people on this website only read what they wanna read.
I DONT MIND PEOPLE SAYING THEY DONT LIKE THE RIMS, I ONLY "RAGGED" ON PEOPLE WHO MADE SMARTASS REMARKS THAT WERE UNCALLED FOR there's plenty of people that said they didn't like the wheels and I responded to them without any drama..

And BoostedE90 thanks for your comment and for the heads up. I'm sure those prices will go up well over $3k once u stagger the sizes and custom finish them. Plus tires you'd probably be looking at over $4k. If you got the money to burn I say go for it! These wheels turn heads everywhere I go or park. They look way better in person and are far more unique then a lot of the wheels u see here on this site too (not knocking anybody elses wheels).
they are unique alright
      05-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #113
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

^^^sorry but I forgot to answer your tire question earlier. I have Nankang Ultra Sport NS-II. They're about $170 per tire. Not the best of course but they have great reviews and are a pretty good summer tire overall. 265/30 R x 235/35 F.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #114
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

I'm quite late in joining the party in this thread, but anyway, honestly i think the rims look nice especially in the finish you got them in (even if it isn't what you ordered). Unless you have modded the car since the pics were taken, it goes nicely with the chrome-line exterior trim and front grill. which begs the question... what happened to the matte black grill? I thought you said you had one?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #115
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I'm quite late in joining the party in this thread, but anyway, honestly i think the rims look nice especially in the finish you got them in (even if it isn't what you ordered). Unless you have modded the car since the pics were taken, it goes nicely with the chrome-line exterior trim and front grill. which begs the question... what happened to the matte black grill? I thought you said you had one?
Thanks a lot bro. Yeah I think it goes well with my window trim as well. As for the matte black grill, I just installed it 2 weeks ago and tomorrow I'm going to paint the lower grills. I may still paint the rim centers/face matte black and leave the chrome lips. The guy who made the rims will paint them for free since he messed up so for now I'm just enjoying them as is. Maybe after I paint the grills and give her a nice wash I'll post some pics in the picture thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #116
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep

hey btw how wide are your rims..i remember u said they were staggered but whats the measurements and offsets
      05-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #117
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
I decided to keep them in the machined aluminum finish instead. The shop was gonna send them out to get powder coated and clear coated but I told them not to worry about it. I think the real question is why would YOU spend so much on tires? LOL I'm sorry but $1300 for tires is ridiculous.
I spent $1300 on tires because that happens to be how much Michelin PilotSport PS2s cost. And if I were you I would have spent 500 bucks more and bought BBS LMs or CHs instead of custom wheels because that's who I am. But I don't have 5 g's lying around, and that's why I'm me and I have a nice set of stock 162s and you have a perfectly nice set of custom wheels which you apparently are very happy and satisfied with.

If we all on e90post could do what we call "constructive criticism" and stop acting like a bunch of kids who just escaped from 4chan, I think the world would be a better place.

And personally, I like those wheels. I just would have instead gone for some nice LMs an an aggressive offset+ MTECH, bit to each his own. Still a nice looking car!

Oh, and if you insult someone for leasing their car that's what we call being a "douche," and your continuing to give BMW owners a bad rep. For an example, see below. So please, keep it kosher.

05-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #118
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
I spent $1300 on tires because that happens to be how much Michelin PilotSport PS2s cost. And if I were you I would have spent 500 bucks more and bought BBS LMs or CHs instead of custom wheels because that's who I am. But I don't have 5 g's lying around, and that's why I'm me and I have a nice set of stock 162s and you have a perfectly nice set of custom wheels which you apparently are very happy and satisfied with.

If we all on e90post could do what we call "constructive criticism" and stop acting like a bunch of kids who just escaped from 4chan, I think the world would be a better place.

And personally, I like those wheels. I just would have instead gone for some nice LMs an an aggressive offset+ MTECH, bit to each his own. Still a nice looking car!

Oh, and if you insult someone for leasing their car that's what we call being a "douche," and your continuing to give BMW owners a bad rep. For an example, see below. So please, keep it kosher.

It's cool. I'm not the one who started with the BS if you read past posts I was very cool with constructive criticism. It just upset me when people were like "oh your dumb u spent xxx and haha". I didnt ask for that, I asked if people LIKED or DISLIKED. And I'm not trying to sound like I'm rich because I'm far from it, but I have a very good job and so does my fiance so, I could burn $4k on rims right now lol. M-tech is nice but I'm waiting for something different to catch my eye as of right now. And I agree about making fun of people who lease etc. Thats just dumb lol
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #119
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep

sooooo, what are the measurements of your wheels?
      05-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #120
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine3 View Post
sooooo, what are the measurements of your wheels?
Sorry I took so long getting back to u. You are correct they are staggered:
8.5" x 19"F and 10" x 19"R
offsets I'm not too sure since they were built I'd have to ask the shop. I'll text him and see if he knows off hand. The rears are a little aggressive I know because too much weight in the car an they rub a little. Gotta roll my fenders. After I roll my fenders I'm gonna drop her another inch
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #121
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

funny thread. I'm really enjoying this nonsense.