E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Professional Radio - HELP - DEAD

01-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
DahE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

E90 Professional Radio - HELP - DEAD

Hey Guys, i seem to be having a problem with my 2006 325i radio/stereo/clock/dash/etc. Basically the radio is dead. The unit is still illuminated by the orange rings of light around the volume dial as well as the other dial. The problem is that the screen its self is completely dead, its not a pixel problem, and the unit will not turn on or respond at all. It has been like this for about a month or so, i never had time to work on it until today, i had read the forums and most people seemed to have fuse problems. So i headed outside and checked the fuses #2,23,40. 23 was missing, but that wasn't the problem since it had been working before. 2 and 40 both seemed to be in working order... Previously before it completely shot dead, i would turn my car on and some days it would be working, some days it would not.. Finally my OEM BMW battery died on me, so i went out and bought a battery from autozone (the closest BMW is way out of my distance, and i needed the battery ASAP)..Installed it, but did not get it registered. (I'm pretty sure this wouldnt be the problem, right?) since my OEM battery was doing the same thing on and off?..

So... Do you guys have any idea, anybody ever ran into this in the past?

Please, and thank you guys.

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
james008
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335i

I have a headunit that would fit your car. It has bad pixels especially when it gets hot. If the weather is 50 or below the pixels are fine once the car gets warm they start to fade. I would sell it super cheap if you want it to use it as a test and to give you some music till it's sorted out. PM me if intersted.