E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

05-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #309
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
man, you are up so early Tim... ?

who's gonna have time to come through the meet tmr?

FMIC installed last night, feels great! and my hopefully my alcantara will be here in a few days and be the first e90 folk doing full alcantara trim =)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #310
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Usually don't sleep past about 7:30, unfortunately!
      05-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #311
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

You kiddies like to sleep in. I wake at 6am routinely.... no alarm clock. When I do use it, up around 5. Can you say tee off at sunrise?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #312
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
You kiddies like to sleep in. I wake at 6am routinely.... no alarm clock. When I do use it, up around 5. Can you say tee off at sunrise?
0530 for me, doggy wakes me up for my alarm clock.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #313
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
damn... u guys r really early. i usually up by 9:30 but i dont get off the store til 10pm, take care shit at home and wont see the bed til 2:30 every night... FML
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #314
Activ
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Went to SF to film and shoot a couple S5's and made me wonder why there are not many shots of Sacramento BMW's haha. Hopefully in 2-3weeks I will finally have my e92 though so I will be ready to shoot.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #315
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Maybe I saw one of you?

Fellow Sac member here. I have a montego blue e92. Anyone here live or drive around the Greenhaven area? I was just at an Sbux in the Nugget shopping center. As I was exiting, I saw some guy in a white e90 give me a nod and wave enthusiastically (atleast that is was my gf said).

I had just spend 3+ hrs taking care of work on the computer @ sbux and was really spaced out leaving. In about a one second glance, I noticed a white subaru parked next to the white 335i. I don't see to many 335i's around Ghaven.

My bad for not waving back!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #316
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

G-morning Sac'ers. Excited to clean out my intake valves next weekend. Tinkered with my 3-30 maps all weekend, I got the progressive meth map injection settings done up perfectly for the HSF-3. I was consistantly hitting 17 psi on stock turbos
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #317
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ View Post
Went to SF to film and shoot a couple S5's and made me wonder why there are not many shots of Sacramento BMW's haha. Hopefully in 2-3weeks I will finally have my e92 though so I will be ready to
Overcast, dark car, motion is always a recipe for success. Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
G-morning Sac'ers. Excited to clean out my intake valves next weekend. Tinkered with my 3-30 maps all weekend, I got the progressive meth map injection settings done up perfectly for the HSF-3. I was consistantly hitting 17 psi on stock turbos
Dude, my car has been feeling awesome lately. In fact, had triple digit fun with a Bently GT last night. And I have yet to install my fmic, dic, or get meth! Lol. What day are you doing the cleaning and where? Might wanna swing by even if I don't have time to clean mine too.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #318
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carogers86 View Post
Fellow Sac member here. I have a montego blue e92. Anyone here live or drive around the Greenhaven area? I was just at an Sbux in the Nugget shopping center. As I was exiting, I saw some guy in a white e90 give me a nod and wave enthusiastically (atleast that is was my gf said).

I had just spend 3+ hrs taking care of work on the computer @ sbux and was really spaced out leaving. In about a one second glance, I noticed a white subaru parked next to the white 335i. I don't see to many 335i's around Ghaven.

My bad for not waving back!
Welcome.

Where exactly is green haven?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #319
carogers86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Welcome.

Where exactly is green haven?
Off of I-5 between fruitridge and pocket road exit. West side of I-5
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #320
Robbie_G
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hello Sac'ers! So, yeah I recently acquired a BMW with no intentions or no knowledge about the car. I must say, it was a good deal! I didnt know the things you can do with this car and still learning... seems like I found a good place just to do that.
Anyways, I have 2006 330i, White, and I'm from Lincoln. Syndicategt, you mentioned you're from Lincoln, correct?
Jay, seems like you got all the hook ups! I need to talk to you soon
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #321
frozenfire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SG

Quote:
Hey don't forget to take some pictures of your "before" valves, I'm intersted to see what they look like with meth running. Also I found that a few of the parts were "tricky" to remove/install (or maybe I'm just not as smart as I think I am), let me know if you have any questions I may be able to help.
      05-16-2011, 12:42 PM   #322
frozenfire
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstorm View Post
Hello Sac'ers! So, yeah I recently acquired a BMW with no intentions or no knowledge about the car. I must say, it was a good deal! I didnt know the things you can do with this car and still learning... seems like I found a good place just to do that.
Anyways, I have 2006 330i, White, and I'm from Lincoln. Syndicategt, you mentioned you're from Lincoln, correct?
Welcome, glad we are getting more locals.

also... I find it intersting that you posted on this thread, yet your post count is still zero... I dont get how the whole post count thing works at all...
      05-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #323
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstorm View Post
Welcome.....yeppers I'm in Lincoln and so is DSBJ. You'll find me zipping around the Lincoln Crossing area mostly, I'm an alpine white e90 also, I look rather stock on the outside

I hope the mod bug doesn't bit you as hard as it got me, there are some good exterior and suspension options for your 330, however not as many performance options to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #324
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, my car has been feeling awesome lately. In fact, had triple digit fun with a Bently GT last night. And I have yet to install my fmic, dic, or get meth! Lol. What day are you doing the cleaning and where? Might wanna swing by even if I don't have time to clean mine too.
It's that LSD, you have all the traction in the world now I'm speaking with Harold atm and about to pull the trigger on a Quaife. I'm going to wait until after the turbo's go on though, giving my wallet a rest for a few months.

Quaife, M3 suspension retrofit, and Mtec rear and calling it quits!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:04 PM   #325
Robbie_G
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Yay! I'm from Lincoln Crossing too! Just bought a house there actually. I was reading through the whole post, and a group decided to go in a military installation for photoshoot? that is funny! where did ya'll go? I'm in the military BTW. We hosted Speed Channel last year, but its kinda hard to get things done right now bcoz of the heightened security.
Yeah, I understand there isnt that much performance mods I can do. I didnt intend to get a bimmer, but I couldnt pass the deal they gave. I was into import scene and wanted to move away, but of course I ended up looking for things that I can do with my 330... and here I am. Now I wish I bought something that I can actually play with. So now, I can suck it up, do what I can with the one I have then once paid off I can get something more fun
So... guidance... guidance please... maybe I can start with exterior and I/H/E. I love the M3 look, Jay gotta talk to you man! I/H/E? any advise?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #326
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
welcome bloodstorm!

330 is a good platform, great motor. you can do intake, exhaust and a tune, those add on will bring more joy to the drive im sure. forget about header, i don't think there's any aftermarket header for the inline 6 motor. besides, my friend put a real CSL header onto his E46 m3, he said its harder than changing out downpipe in the 335i. the position of the bolts and nuts are just too hidden and leave you no room to work on it at all.
get some suspension upgrade and you will love the handling of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #327
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Do you work at Beale or Travis? I'm up at Beale. I'll look for your car driving around base.

Check out the M3 rep or Mtech body style, both look great especially in AW. If you plan on going wheels, any CSL style rim looks great, I have gunmetal AluFelgen CS-7's (the SF-71's look hot too). I have a cheap used OEM sports suspension (ZSP) for sale. It will be a slight upgrade and drop over the stock suspension if that's what you have.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #328
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep

Quote:
It's that LSD, you have all the traction in the world now I'm speaking with Harold atm and about to pull the trigger on a Quaife. I'm going to wait until after the turbo's go on though, giving my wallet a rest for a few months.

Quaife, M3 suspension retrofit, and Mtec rear and calling it quits!
Calling it quits? Sure, right.

Yeah, loving the LSD. No additional power put I'm still so much faster from a dig out of corner. Harold is the way to go. Knowledgable guy.

BTW, MB announced my most likely replacement car... c63 coupe. Good looks, improved handling, huge v8 with intoxicating sound. Limited power mods but its near 500hp stock. That'll do just fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #329
Robbie_G
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the friendly welcome all. lawwailok, I'll make a note about the header. imma take my time and do the right thing as far as choosing parts. Syndicategt, I'm stationed at Beale... where do you work at?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #330
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Calling it quits? Sure, right.

Yeah, loving the LSD. No additional power put I'm still so much faster from a dig out of corner. Harold is the way to go. Knowledgable guy.

BTW, MB announced my most likely replacement car... c63 coupe. Good looks, improved handling, huge v8 with intoxicating sound. Limited power mods but its near 500hp stock. That'll do just fine.
Yea you're right, probably won't call it quits. I think we might be driving the same car....again. My wife really wants a C class, I told her I wouldn't be caught dead in it unless it's an AMG. If it can be had for less tham $60K, I'm all game. Get the simple tune for it and you are at 550 hp....add headers + exhaust and guys are pushing 600+ and sounds meaner than hell.

Bloodstorm....log out and back in so it will update your post count. I can't PM you until you get 5 posts.
Appreciate 0