E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > My 2010 E91 LCI 330d M Sport for sale

01-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

My 2010 E91 LCI 330d M Sport for sale

I have decided to sell my pride and joy,

This car left the factory as a 2.0D N47. It is now fitted with a 3.0D N57, and all the appropriate 3.0 running gear. Gearbox is manual.

It has been in this configuration for almost a year with no issues, I realise this is a massive for/against for a prospective buyer, if you think you might be interested please read on; the spec is unreal.

Spec list as standard (in no particular order):

Adaptive Xenon headlights
Heated electric sports seats with memory & lumbar support (black leather interior)
High beam assistant
Panoramic glass sunroof
Comfort Access
CIC Pro navigation
Auto lights & wipers
Extended lights package
smokers package
front and rear parking sensors
retractable front armrest
M sport vehicle
hifi sound system

Spec I have added/altered:

Removed hifi sound system, added Harman Kardon Logic 7
Removed MULF & TCU, added COMBOX
Added power folding mirrors
Added electric folding towbar
Added 6 CD changer
Added OEM reverse camera
Added DAB+ ; via replacement CIC. 2022 Europe west premium maps
Added 335 front & rear brakes & calipers painted Estoril blue
Added Active cruise control
Wireless charging shelf in place of snap in under armrest.
Added keyless access rear door handles - keyless entry now on all 4 doors
Added electric tailgate operation - please see further detail below

The milage is high at nearly 176K, but the car drives like new. I like my vehicles to be perfect and do maintain them regardless of cost, come for a test drive, you won't be dissapointed.
With that in mind, the HP fuel pump has recently given up, and has just been replaced along with all 6 injectors, the LP fuel pump, and a fuel filter.

The ENTIRE fuel system including all pipes and the tank were removed, cleaned and refitted. Genuine Bosch pump & injectors.
This cost over £2250 in parts alone.

The timing chain was replaced when the engine conversion was carried out,
the head gasket was replaced at the same time (because I snapped a glow plug - all 6 of which were also replaced)

The seatbelts don't sag and the bolsters are in very good condition.
More pictures available, and any further info you should be interested to know...

RE: engine swap,

I thought a 2.0d would be ok, but after a while I found it was boring to drive. I got it remapped, then it got boring again - I'm not even talking about driving like a hooligan, just overtaking without a lot of pre planning.

Eventually I committed to the 3.0 N57. I bought a whole donor car and swapped everything necessary over. The donor was an auto, so I had to buy a new DMF & clutch, a used 330d gearbox, a used 330d prop shaft, a used 330d rear diff, the donor rear hubs were rebuilt with new bearings and fitted, the driveshafts were also brought from the donor car.

The 3.0 DDE was sent off and virginized, then matched to the ISN of my car's original CAS. Meaning keyless entry and start is maintained, and should a new key ever be required from BMW it will work as intended.

The radiator and fan was replaced for the 3.0d version, the entire front subframe likewise, every thing is as it should be.

The VO has been altered for the 3.0 type code, all modules coded accordingly. Its as close to a perfect conversion as you can get.

Probably loads of info missed.

RE: Electric tailgate operation,

I had to make the system utilising parts from other BMW's. As such the spindle's are adapted from F31 units. I am going to sell the car with a pair of brand new standard gas struts as I think this is easier than a prospective buyer having to deal with modifying spindle drives when a failure eventually occurs.

All the electrics will be included however, and I'd be happy to go into this further with any interested party.

Price wise,
I know the car is going to be marmite with the engine change, and I know the milage is up there, but the spec is truly un-matchable.

£7500 ono.
Attached Images

Last edited by Andystobbs; 01-05-2023 at 12:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 10:58 AM   #2
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Ps. I'm including a 17" spare wheel
All tyres on the car are runflat potenza's.

The 3.0 is now remapped to stage 1. Claimed 300hp and 620NM. It is otherwise un molested, the EGR is present and working, the DPF is present and working, the swirl flaps have been removed.

The walnut burr trim has been recovered in black Alcantara, genuine Alcantara.

The instruments are the correct 6 cyl ones. Virginized and vin matched.

Number plate is personal and will be removed. Original registration number is AY10 XMB
Attached Images

Last edited by Andystobbs; 01-03-2023 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 06:45 AM   #3
Markos ZimZimma
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F31 335i

Lovely example with mega-spec Andy! It can be tricky to price modded/engine swapped cars, but GLWTS!

Might be worth sharing on E9x FB groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/E9XOCUK/
      01-05-2023, 04:05 PM   #4
Matt_E90
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M Sport

Garage List
Nice car, fair play for doing the conversion the right way.
I was going to do the same on my previous E90 as I couldn't find a white 330d for love nor money but 3 months ago I got lucky

Good luck with sale
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 12:41 AM   #5
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Do you guys think the price is in the ballpark? Happy to take others opinions on this.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 05:03 AM   #6
Markos ZimZimma
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW F31 335i

My initial thought was it might be a touch high for an engine swapped 320d/330d, but I don't follow those prices closely so I might have been wrong (also I wasn't sure if the 176k was engine or car). What does a reasonably specced 330d E91 go for with 150k+ miles on Autotrader? Yours would then be above those by maybe a grand as your spec is huge ('find me another'), but the engine conversion drops the price, so does it sit at the same price as a 'reasonably specced' example, or lower by say £500? My guess would be a bit lower, but try at the same price as you can always drop it further down the line.

I'd not look at engine swapped cars as I'm not mechanical enough to understand what should/shouldn't be done (and I'd also wonder if I'd be paying more insurance annually on it too) but I'm not everyone and that spec will tempt many. I always think on modded cars it's good to build up a following on forums/groups/online so people really appreciate the effort and work that's gone into them, and sometimes come sale time one of those admirers actually buys the car off you.
      01-08-2023, 04:17 AM   #7
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

My $0.02 is that you're not far out on price. So long as you're open to offers, I think it's fair.

What are you replacing it with?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 07:25 AM   #8
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

We had a run of bad luck, first the 1 series broke down so my wife used my car, then the fuel pump gave up on that, so we didn't have a working car between us. In between we found out we've our first child on the way so I'm having a vehicle purge. Got a low mileage 430d for her and I'll use the Defender we also own, which is still only half way through restoration.

Need less vehicles in my life.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 01-08-2023 at 07:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 01:58 PM   #9
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
We had a run of bad luck, first the 1 series broke down so my wife used my car, then the fuel pump gave up on that, so we didn't have a working car between us. In between we found out we've our first child on the way so I'm having a vehicle purge. Got a low mileage 430d for her and I'll use the Defender we also own, which is still only half way through restoration.

Need less vehicles in my life.
Boom. That's quite the series of events. Congratulations, and good luck with it all.

Funny, I only started buying cars after my first was born (at the age of 30).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 02:49 PM   #10
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Cheers, hopefully I don't have a relapse post baby and start buying again. Its gotten to be a bit never-ending, being a full time garage owner/mechanic and then doing cars in my down time. There are also two vans getting sold, and the jetski. As I say, I'm having a purge.
Appreciate 0