E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bimmerlabs 330i Tune DIY Step by Step

12-22-2022, 04:06 PM   #793
E90_slides
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 325i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Absolutely no reason to junk a care or even a DME for a failed flash. Your request for help has probably come along a few years to late. Most of the people that could help have moved on to other platforms or are just too busy with the own lives to simply help yet another stranger. Last guy I "helped" took several hours of my time over a few week ends. I just don't have that kind of free time anymore. It's not a matter of monetary rewords, I've never accepting any. Just working 60+ hours a week, every week leaves little time for my other hobbies. I've got a really cool job, so it counts as a hobby.

If you are not totally tech savvy, I bet one of the professional Coders can help you. They normally don't charge much and some of them are very knowledgeable. Worth the investment.

Okay well the vehicle developed a no com no start. Couldn’t connect through inpa or ista after the flash. I feel like I’m very tech savvy, built my own gaming pc after all. I followed all the instructions to a T. Like I said, the only differences were I was using a trickle charger, an Amazon cable, and a MacBook laptop running a windows 10 partition on the hard drive. It flashed the RSA delete fine but when flashing the 325i to 330i batch file it gets disturbed then a bunch of errors pop up and car would not turn back on after that. No lights on the dash, nothing. Even with a new battery I was not getting power to terminal 30, relay that wakes up cas module. Tried to flash back to stock and nothing happens. No connection to the car. Took it to the dealer and they couldn’t even figure it out and recommended that I needed to buy a new dme cas and keys to get the car to work and wanted to charge me more than what I bought the car for, so I junked the entire car. I’m willing to throw $100 at someone to remotely do it for me if possible.

Last edited by E90_slides; 12-22-2022 at 04:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2023, 12:18 PM   #794
e92mattyvegas
vegasbmwlover
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw x5, 2008 bmw 328i

hey bud, how's it going? So i have a 2008 bmw 328i coupe. It has the GM1912 trans module. VIN# WBAWB3353p131856
Im new here not sure how to add photos or screenshots. I successfully added the rsa delete, and the 328i-330i tune. But my DME is giving a no coding error and there isnt a ZB# next to the UIF data from inpa. Everything in the car is running smooth though, and disa flaps are working so i know tune is there. My question is can i run this 330i euro flash ZB#7587776 from WINFKP? or do i need the specific Opa and Oda files with it?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 01:32 AM   #795
Josh Hsiao
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

HI guys, After use the Bimmerlabs provide 2 stock tunes get the problem, my car is 08 E61 LCI 530XI, after tuning my engin can't start, i use the two program to tuning but they are not working. the battery are good, after tune i also use inpa to remove the error code. but the engine are stell not work. So What may i do to revert original state and start the engine? thanks

The two different stock tunes are

https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...1&d=1677137608
Attached Images

Last edited by Josh Hsiao; 02-23-2023 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 08:01 AM   #796
AKA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hsiao View Post
HI guys, After use the Bimmerlabs provide 2 stock tunes get the problem, my car is 08 E61 LCI 530XI, after tuning my engin can't start, i use the two program to tuning but they are not working. the battery are good, after tune i also use inpa to remove the error code. but the engine are stell not work. So What may i do to revert original state and start the engine? thanks

The two different stock tunes are

https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...1&d=1677137608
Do you realize you need to flash first the "HW# program" [7602220A] then the "ZB# tune" [7603236]?

The first time I looked at the Bimmerlabs table, I thought everything on one line was just different file-formats of the same tune and I only flashed the "program" which led to a crank-no-start.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2023, 08:29 AM   #797
aexlm
BMW Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e90 328i pre LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
It's available now. Note that the only supported cables are an ICOM or Bimmergeeks. Anything else could potentially brick your TCU, and I can't help you if that happens.

I can't test it but let me know if there's any issue with the batch flash.
Hello! Is there any way I can get this files? I really what to try it. I know it's been gone for a while I read al the thread hahah. Maybe someone has it
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 04:15 PM   #798
KasperVP
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.00]
Hi, new here

Bimmerlabs is down and I’m looking for 3IM tuning software from bimmerlabs to upgrade from 328xi to 330i 3IM tune, really grateful if anyone has a link or files I can download Thanks for your time -Kenny
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 05:05 AM   #799
Alexvier
Private
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 325i M sport

I’ve tried the RSA delete and got a few errors, also with the bimmergeeks site down. I’m now in a pickle. After trying to install the stock tune from the file. The car wont crank at all. I’ve just spent a few hours communicating to and fro. But nothing works. I tried NCS to default code the modules back pre RSA delete. But not getting any response any more.

How do you go back to pre RSA delete?
      01-23-2024, 05:24 PM   #800
Donvicc
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 328i

I have a question for my more experienced colleagues.

After a successful transfer from 328i to 330i, both physically with the manifold and programmatically with the ready-made software from BimmerLab, I wanted to simultaneously update my GM GA6L45R also using a ready-made file from Bimmeslab via WinKFP, similarly to the engine map change.

The file downloaded from Bimmeslab for the gearbox is successfully loaded without any errors, but it is not possible to shift gears from P to D or anything else, and P is not displayed on the dashboard. It seems like there is no communication between the car and the gearbox controller after installing the dedicated file from the BimmerLab website. The WinKFP program automatically starts transmission after enabling the .bin file.

What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 07:18 PM   #801
Donvicc
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 328i

I have a question for my more experienced colleagues.

After a successful transfer from 328i to 330i, both physically with the manifold and programmatically with the ready-made software from BimmerLab, I wanted to simultaneously update my GM GA6L45R also using a ready-made file from Bimmeslab via WinKFP, similarly to the engine map change.

The file downloaded from Bimmeslab for the gearbox is successfully loaded without any errors, but it is not possible to shift gears from P to D or anything else, and P is not displayed on the dashboard. It seems like there is no communication between the car and the gearbox controller after installing the dedicated file from the BimmerLab website. The WinKFP program automatically starts transmission after enabling the .bin file.

What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 02:22 PM   #802
hybrid95
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Question auto or manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leucosticte View Post
cool, will try it tomorrow then
hi William, is your e92 328xi is it an auto gearbox, or manual? so I've ran this tune on n52 engines only all manuals, but rn I have a 08 n51 and I can't seem to find a bimmerlabs tune for it when I ran the vin only stock ones, which is weird because I found a rsa delete, and then two stock files so naturally i'm wondering if running the mafless tune on this engine would work, it came from factory with 3sim but a tune for 230hp (smh) im just wondering if the fact that the manual gearbox tune on a auto car would have any other horrific consequences other than losing cruise control, if it fails I can always just revert back with the stock files I found,so I don't see a downside in trying it out, really want to go for it just need to hear your opinions first
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 02:29 PM   #803
hybrid95
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

hey sounds like you bricked the car, when youre running winkfp make sure bootsectorupdate is not activated!!!
run the rsa delete again after you have corrected the winkfp bootsectorupdate debacle and make sure the dkan cable is linked properly with the rate being 1:1 not 16:1 make sure you save these changes too so you dont have to do it every time, then run the tune again. just curious can you send a link for the tune on bimmerlabs because i have an 08 328xi that has the same transmission, maybe i can try it out and tell you if its the tune thats wrong
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 07:32 AM   #804
328xi_manual_e92
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi e92 Manual

Does anyone have a link to where I can download BMW Standard Tools?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 02:46 PM   #805
parisien96
Registered
Rep
Drives: '09 328xi 6MT E91

328xi_manual_e92 You can download the BMW Standard Tools from the link from this video:

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 07:57 AM   #806
ajithsj
ASJ
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 e39

Nice one, Thanks
Appreciate 0