E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Fault code help

02-16-2019, 05:33 AM   #23
BimmerLad
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 2005 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerLad View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw330 View Post
Have you got a my Carly?, try turning off the folding from key (even if you want that feature), and see if the codes dissapear, mine haven't come back.

If they do then that's two cars which have the same fault codes related to the folding option coding (software issue rather than hardware)
Ive just been out there having a play, cleared the codes and it worked for all of 20 seconds then back on.

Ive now coded out the folding mirrors with carly and then cleared the codes and no eml, will find out in the morning when the wife does the school run if it stays off.

Was reluctant to code the frm as last time it bricked my ecu and cost me £250 to get it repaired, worked this time though.

Will report back, not too fussed on the folding with pock as i will be getting a new car this year and trying to explain to someone the eml is on because of a software fault for the heated mirrors actually working wont go down to well
Are you manually folding the mirrors out with the engine on?

it's possible it could be low battery voltage so the folding and unfolding off battery alone might be triggering errors.

when you decode the auto folding it might be a coinsidence?
Quote:
Folding the mirrors off the remote seems to be the issue, fold from the door card button and the fault codes dont appear.......
So i coded the folding mirrors not to work of the key fob and cleared the codes, again light styed of for all of a minute and then back on again, i also dont fold the mirrors with the bitton on the door so this is getting super annoying as to why its happening.

All parts of the mirrors work including the heated part, they both fold and all mirror glass moves, also passenger side dips in reverse.

I am getting a fault code that its low voltage popping up all the time now aswel, but thought this might be because im diagnosing/coding on carly with just the ignition on, to code yesterday i had to turn the engine on to enable coding as the voltage was low.
How old is your battery?

Previous Car:
BMW E46 MY2001 316ti Manual
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:47 AM   #24
Reece
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 lci 330d

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you got a my Carly?, try turning off the folding from key (even if you want that feature), and see if the codes dissapear, mine haven't come back.

If they do then that's two cars which have the same fault codes related to the folding option coding (software issue rather than hardware)
Ive just been out there having a play, cleared the codes and it worked for all of 20 seconds then back on.

Ive now coded out the folding mirrors with carly and then cleared the codes and no eml, will find out in the morning when the wife does the school run if it stays off.

Was reluctant to code the frm as last time it bricked my ecu and cost me £250 to get it repaired, worked this time though.

Will report back, not too fussed on the folding with pock as i will be getting a new car this year and trying to explain to someone the eml is on because of a software fault for the heated mirrors actually working wont go down to well

it's possible it could be low battery voltage so the folding and unfolding off battery alone might be triggering errors.

Quote:
Folding the mirrors off the remote seems to be the issue, fold from the door card button and the fault codes dont appear.......
So i coded the folding mirrors not to work of the key fob and cleared the codes, again light styed of for all of a minute and then back on again, i also dont fold the mirrors with the bitton on the door so this is getting super annoying as to why its happening.

All parts of the mirrors work including the heated part, they both fold and all mirror glass moves, also passenger side dips in reverse.

I am getting a fault code that its low voltage popping up all the time now aswel, but thought this might be because im diagnosing/coding on carly with just the ignition on, to code yesterday i had to turn the engine on to enable coding as the voltage was low.
How old is your battery?
Ive had the car 3 years and haven't changed it
      04-02-2019, 09:37 AM   #25
BimmerLad
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 2005 Automatic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

How old is your battery?
Ive had the car 3 years and haven't changed it
Might be worth checking voltage as my PO had a new battery installed at the dealer which lasted a whole 2 years and 1 week...

Previous Car:
BMW E46 MY2001 316ti Manual
Appreciate 0