E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problem with Most ipod adapter

08-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
47Straight
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Sportline

Problem with Most ipod adapter

I have a 2007 335i that I bought about 3 years ago. About 18 months after I bought it, I realized it has an ipod cable in the glove box. I tried it with an ipod Nano and couldn't get it to work. Since it wasn't a priority I've left it alone until recently. After some searching I've determined it is the most ipod adapter and it looks like it was installed by a dealer at some point.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work with either of the ipod Nanos I have. According to all the documentation it should work. Basically, when Connect the ipod, it will charge, but the stereo doesn't take control of it. I never get the bmw screen. So, my guess is that it's either the cable or the control unit. I think I can get a cable pretty cheap, but if that doesn't fix it, I'm thinking there must be better, more cost effective options out there by now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to integrate an ipod or android phone with the system? Would the best option be to replace the most adapter?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 10:24 AM   #2
klk999
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i e93

Resurecting old thread

I have been searching for a few hours, but I am not able to find anything. I just took posession of a e93 with the BMW Professional radio/non iDrive.

It has a phone button on the radio and steering wheel and an iPod cable in the glove box. However, I do not see any options on the radio for phone or iPod, just Tuner, CD, CD changer and AUX. I have a very old iPod that still works and when I plugged it in, the iPod started up but nothing on the radio.

Any ideas on how to get the iPod working? I assume the Phone module is not Bluetooth and will only work when a phone is connected via the 30-pin? Is that correct? Thanks.
Appreciate 0