E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Problem with front lights - DRL/Angel Eyes/Halo Rings/Indicator

05-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
ksin87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010 E90 316D 2.0L

Problem with front lights - DRL/Angel Eyes/Halo Rings/Indicator

Hi everyone!

I drive a BMW 316D 2010 (E90) model in UK.

A few years back I stupidly purchased some brighter whiter 'xenon effect' halogen headlight bulbs, but after fitting them, they both burned out along with the bulb housing/holders after a few months. I got a warning light in my dash board. The local garage repaired them by simply replacing the burnt out parts and attaching new wiring onto the new bulb housing/holders. The right side indicator bulb also burnt out which was replaced at the time

Then a little while later, whether by coincidence or not, the day time running lights (DRL) aka angel eyes aka halo rings stopped working, thus prompting the warning light to come up on my dash again. I took it to another local garage who got them working again after a long struggle accessing the bulbs from behind the wheels. However they weren't able to reset the warning light in the dashboard citing not having the right equipment to do this, but not to worry as all worked fine.

Fast forward a year and half and the DRLs have stopped working again. I have noticed that if I give the headlamps a bang the DRLs come on but with very faint/low light... and the drivers side is slightly brighter than the passengers side. I've also noticed the indicator bulb which burnt out a year ago is also now very faint.

The headlights are still working fine thankfully and the bulb housing and wiring still looks ok.

Any ideas or suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0