E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC Retrofit - CID screen blank - help please

08-14-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
lordchadski
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325i Msport

Unhappy CIC Retrofit - CID screen blank - help please

Hi there

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, or simply been unlucky...

Following the apparently brilliant and straight-forward DIY for CCC to CIC & ComBox by FaxData , all is going well and I can access CIC, CID and MEDIA via NCS.

My issue is that the CID screen is entirely blank white/grey...any clues?

If I've not read a crucial previous post/response on this I apologise, I've searched and read what feels like everything here on the subject....

Might it be that I need the FSC coding to fix this? -I am still waiting for Lithuanian post (yes I failed to notice that as did a few others before me on here I see) for the USB cables.

Hope someone can advise as I'm currently driving a car with a very expensive (FM only) radio :-)

Cheers all, happy Friday!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
I am sure you have done this but is the pink connector cable hooked between the CIC and CID? I had a bad screen once that was just blank.

No coding is needed to get a screen to work. It should display the BMW logo when things boot up.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 03:25 AM   #3
lordchadski
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 325i Msport

smass Always ask the obvious question, you never know...

Thanks, yes the pink cable is in.

New piece of intel though: the CID still believes it's in an E60 according to the 'EEPROM Security Checksum' despite my best efforts
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #4
Rikko88
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 318i

Garage List
1999 BMW E46  [0.00]
2007 BMW E90 318i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordchadski View Post
Hi there

I may have bitten off more than I can chew, or simply been unlucky...

Following the apparently brilliant and straight-forward DIY for CCC to CIC & ComBox by FaxData , all is going well and I can access CIC, CID and MEDIA via NCS.

My issue is that the CID screen is entirely blank white/grey...any clues?

If I've not read a crucial previous post/response on this I apologise, I've searched and read what feels like everything here on the subject....

Might it be that I need the FSC coding to fix this? -I am still waiting for Lithuanian post (yes I failed to notice that as did a few others before me on here I see) for the USB cables.

Hope someone can advise as I'm currently driving a car with a very expensive (FM only) radio :-)

Cheers all, happy Friday!
Hello i have similar problem i retrofited cic sounds work but display only lights up pink for 15 seconds after start and then turns black can anybody help me with that? I can't find anything about it.

Thanks for any reply
Appreciate 0