E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Seat belt handovers disturbed

01-18-2023, 02:07 PM   #1
Leegbr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 320d

Seat belt handovers disturbed

2010 UK e92 320d

I know these seat belt handovers / butlers are a pain for many and most wish they didn’t work but I didn’t mind them.

I don’t use my car too often at the moment and when I got in recently I got an error about brake system / DsC not working so plugged in my foxwell 520pro to scan for codes and there were quite a few. I noticed at this time that the seat beaky handovers weren’t working and I realised they hadn’t for a while.

I had 7 related to the frm short circuit lin bus, seat belt hand over disturbed on drivers and passengers side.

I cleared the codes and re read. Still picked up 4 FRM codes. I reset the frm module and the windows stopped working so initialised them and they’re working. Still getting 9CD4 & 9CD5 about e93 communication with seat belt handover drivers side / passenger side disturbed.

The thing is everything was working other than the handovers. Lights mirrors etc. the mirrors so act up now and again and occasionally need adjustment but other than that they work. (I retrofitted power folding mirrors btw).

I checked fuse 30 and it looked fine but swapped it anyway. Still getting this error about the extenders being disturbed. Battery checked and is fine.

We have had pretty cold weather a few weeks ago so I’m wondering whether ice had formed on the door connectors and created a short.

Anyone got any idea what to look for?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #2
Leegbr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 320d

Wonder if due to the short circuit the FRM has deactivated something. Looks like I’ll need tool32 to check and reset the short circuit counter.
Appreciate 0