E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Blower motor recall

12-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Blower motor recall

Has anyone in FL requested an alternative vehicle until their blower motor recall is done? If so- did they let you keep your car or did you have to take it to the dealership? I reached out to fields in Orlando and they want me to keep my car at the dealership until the parts are available- not sure how long that would be.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
Has anyone in FL requested an alternative vehicle until their blower motor recall is done? If so- did they let you keep your car or did you have to take it to the dealership? I reached out to fields in Orlando and they want me to keep my car at the dealership until the parts are available- not sure how long that would be.
South Motors in Miami is having a complimentary 27 point inspection check this month so I’m bringing it in tomorrow morning. In between from dropping off the car and them handing me a recommended $6,768.87 in needed repairs, I’ll mention about alternate transportation. However, I’ve heard that if you decide to bring your car home, they’ll make you sign a contract that you won’t drive it. If you drive over a certain amount of miles, you’ll be on the hook for the rental. IMHO, I wouldn’t want to leave it at the dealer for God knows how long.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
South Motors in Miami is having a complimentary 27 point inspection check this month so I’m bringing it in tomorrow morning. In between from dropping off the car and them handing me a recommended $6,768.87 in needed repairs, I’ll mention about alternate transportation. However, I’ve heard that if you decide to bring your car home, they’ll make you sign a contract that you won’t drive it. If you drive over a certain amount of miles, you’ll be on the hook for the rental. IMHO, I wouldn’t want to leave it at the dealer for God knows how long.
I don't mind signing the form but I wasn't given that option, I guess I can ask again and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #4
Snypa
Captain
Rep
Drives: Like a mahdman !

Never heard that option before. I'm still waiting for just a callback that the airbags came in. Its been weeks now since ordered, so ridiculous.
      01-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snypa View Post
Never heard that option before. I'm still waiting for just a callback that the airbags came in. Its been weeks now since ordered, so ridiculous.
They actually ended up letting me keep my car at home and issuing me a rental, amazingly enough within a week they had the part for the blower motor and had it fixed... crazy how when they have to pay for a rental they have the part within a week
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #6
gT-BMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i 6spd

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I dont trust fields in orlando. In fact you guys shouldnt trust any dealership. I called them about shift selector seal the guy told me over the phone $18.00. i figured damn thats a bit high for a small seal. But i'll be on my way to pick it up. Drove 1 hr. When i get there the guy told me it was $34. I said you can suck my ****. I started searching online and found pelican parts, which had the seal for $1.50..

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...-8-677-736-M36
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
Snypa
Captain
Rep

Yeah, I completely agree. Is it true though that the airbag has to be ordered? Its been a while since I got the mail saying I can come in and schedule my recall service however I hardly had any time. I thought I could just stroll in one day and they'd be able to do it, the SA then mentions he'll put in the order and its been 2 months now and still haven't come in. Dealer in Pembroke Pines.
      01-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snypa View Post
Yeah, I completely agree. Is it true though that the airbag has to be ordered? Its been a while since I got the mail saying I can come in and schedule my recall service however I hardly had any time. I thought I could just stroll in one day and they'd be able to do it, the SA then mentions he'll put in the order and its been 2 months now and still haven't come in. Dealer in Pembroke Pines.
Yes they do have to order it, but 2 months seems like a long time, I would stop by or call them to follow up and if they still pull your chain contact BMWNA ... I got mine done last March without an issue and I also got the blower motor wiring done 2 weeks ago
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #9
Snypa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes they do have to order it, but 2 months seems like a long time, I would stop by or call them to follow up and if they still pull your chain contact BMWNA ... I got mine done last March without an issue and I also got the blower motor wiring done 2 weeks ago
Okay, let me contact SA and after that is BMWNA for BOTHHH. I've had enough now.