E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > Vivint security system/home automation

03-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
Black_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i Sport

Exclamation Vivint security system/home automation

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is kind of random and more of a service. I work for a huge billion dollar tech/smart home company known as Vivint. You've probably seen our doorbell camera. I'm an assistant manager and I can update your old rubber button alarm system at no money down. All you do is pay for the monthly service.

I'm doing this because I know everyone here appreciates quality and if you're going to have an alarm system you might as well have the best. Vivint is basically the bmw or rolls Royce (same thing lol) of alarm systems. It doesn't run off a landline which can get cut, it doesn't run off a cell back up which can be ripped off the wall and smashed, and it doesn't run off the wifi which if the wifi goes out then your security system is pointless. Being the best, Vivint built a Verizon 4g cell chip in the panel so it calls out like a cell phone which means no vulnerabilities. It's 256 bit encrypted and on a VPN for you tech guys. On top of that, when your alarm goes off, a live rep would talk to you through the panel to confirm the emergency kind of like onstar. Other alarm companies cannot confirm the emergency so then it's not a priority to get to your house(hence why the cops never pull up with their lights on and take forever) Our average response time is 9 seconds in which we won an award for. To get an idea ADTs response time is 60 sec.

You control everything from the phone; door locks, cameras indoor and outdoor, thermostat, lights, all from your smart phone from anywhere in the world. We're well known for the doorbell camera which is the ONLY DOORBELL CAMERA THAT CAN RUN WITHOUT WIFI. We take people from the rubber button panel system to a touch screen system that's controlled wirelessly.

You can find us on Undercover boss, sponsor of the Utah Jazz stadium, Forbes, consumer digest, pc mag, tech crunch and much more(all credible sources by the way, not joesalarmreviews.com). Vivint is also the 2nd largest solar company in the US.

I've been doing this for a while and If you have any questions or want some quotes then just pm me! We can do systems in all of North America.

Here's a quick video of the system

Last edited by Black_e90; 03-08-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 12:30 AM   #2
mantis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [2.75]
hows this stack up against the Simplisafe tech
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 01:41 AM   #3
Black_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
hows this stack up against the Simplisafe tech
Hey! Here's an article about how vulnerable simplisafe is. Yeah simplisafe is cheap, it's good to be cheap sometimes. But the reality is, when it comes to the security of your home, you don't want to go cheap on that. At the end of the day you always get what you pay for...

https://www.cnet.com/news/researcher...curity-system/

Plus, simplisafe a equipment look alike it's from the early 90s lol
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #4
mantis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
2011 e90  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_e90 View Post
Hey! Here's an article about how vulnerable simplisafe is. Yeah simplisafe is cheap, it's good to be cheap sometimes. But the reality is, when it comes to the security of your home, you don't want to go cheap on that. At the end of the day you always get what you pay for...

that was a year ago, i believe that issue was addressed by Simplisafe, but good info

so whats different about your products coding? why just tell me about whats wrong with SS instead of telling me about whats great with yours?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 02:29 AM   #5
Black_e90
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
that was a year ago, i believe that issue was addressed by Simplisafe, but good info

so whats different about your products coding? why just tell me about whats wrong with SS instead of telling me about whats great with yours?
I'lll assume you have simplisafe lol. There's a reason why it's only 15$ a month. You know that main hub thing simplisafe has? All you have to do is break that and the system is poop after that. I wouldnt feel safe with something like that protecting my home or family.

With Vivint you can't hack it nor break anything to "disable" it. Vivint is the only security system in the industry with an ACTIVE 4G cell primary system. There's other cell system out there but they are passive which you don't want. Basically with Vivint, even if you rip the panel off the wall(where the cell chip is) or break the panel, Vivint will still get notified because there's a 2-way active signal. Once that signal is broken we know something happened to the panel and they can dispatch a confirmed emergency.

So if your simplisafe system motion goes off, they'll call you right? Well first it'll go off for about 30-60 sec then they call you so a few min have already passed. Say your at dinner, you get a random call from a random number. Maybe you'll pick it up or maybe your phones on silent. But let's say you pick it up, they'll tell you what happened and you say "yes dispatch the police". When the police get dispatched it's dispatched as a non emergency(even if it's a actual emergency). Both you and simplisafe don't know what's going onright? It could just be a bad sensor and there's no body there to confirm, so they legally can't dispatch as a confirmed. With Vivint if the alarm goes off, in 9 sec a live rep listens through the panel like on star and if they hear glass breaking, people screaming, and nobody is saying your verbal password then we can confirm the emergency. That's when the police are hauling butt with their lights on. So it's either you pay 15$ a month for something that serves no value, or you get what you want that will actually protect your family.

Here's an actual quote from a police officer. "Nowadays, a police officer will actually finish their lunch before going to an alarm dispatch because they are all non emergencies". Basically, it's not a priority to get to your home. So it's pointless to even pay 15$ For simplisafe. I wouldn't even pay 50 cents a year for that. Say a cop is going to your home that has simplisafe, then gets a call for a confirmed emergency from a Vivint, he has to actually turn around and go to the Vivint account.

so it all comes down to if you want the officer to finish their lunch or not.

Last edited by Black_e90; 03-09-2017 at 02:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
mantis154.50

03-12-2017, 10:03 AM   #6
Quinnhogue7
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

I've worked for security networks, protection 1, and vivint! 5 going on 6 years of knocking experience, not sure where you live now but I manage an office for the #1 largest solar company in NJ and the #1 largest residential installer in the world. PM me if you would like to discuss a possible opportunity for you for a "big boy" job, 401k, health, dental.

On another note, working for those three separate security companies made me pretty well versed in the equipment side of the alarm business. With that said, Vivint's equipment is by far the best in the security game, their new doorbell camera is control and their prices are reasonable.

Solar is a different story, for that you call me!
Appreciate 2
mantis154.50

04-01-2019, 07:27 AM   #7
keithAir
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_e90 View Post

HELP-----This is not a joke. someone broke into my house and stole my paperwork and had a key made. Now they have access to my car opening and unlocking my doors. Just recently, they installed something that will not let me start me car, unless they want it to start. What's going on...I was told he must have install a WIFI Sim card...but where do I look?
Appreciate 0