E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > E90 n47d20c - engine swirl flaps removal and why use blanks

04-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #1
onthemix
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Exclamation E90 n47d20c - engine swirl flaps removal and why use blanks

Hi , recently i have removed my swirl flaps from my e90 n47 engine and now as i connect my obd2 it is giving me an error that too much air is getting in and thus i cant perform a manual DPF regen (with the system scanner that i have bought). Recently im getting a code orange of like a half engine filled which i searched in the net and found out that the car is using half the power.
Tbh im feeling like there is less power when i press the gas pedal and as im on the 2nd gear and approach the 2000rev i feel a sudden block/loss of power and also sometimes i get the DPF clogged error which also could the loss of power be due to the clogged dpf.

My question is , should i make the swirl flaps blanks so as too block lots of air coming in and maybe the error doesnt show up anymore while i connect the OBD2 and i could possible make a DPF regen.

Why the swirl flaps blanks are needed tho ?
Attached Images

Last edited by onthemix; 04-14-2023 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0