E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi

03-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #331
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
Awesome!!!! Thanks so much!
You should get an email soon, but I figured I'd go ahead and let you know you're ready.

Make sure you 'Check for beta firmware' checked in the options tab of AP Manager and then connect your AP to get the latest firmware with support for your rom. Make sure you get fw v. 1.6.7.0-5535 or newer.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #332
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
You should get an email soon, but I figured I'd go ahead and let you know you're ready.

Make sure you 'Check for beta firmware' checked in the options tab of AP Manager and then connect your AP to get the latest firmware with support for your rom. Make sure you get fw v. 1.6.7.0-5535 or newer.

-Josh
:happy anim:

Can't wait to load it up this afternoon...Props for the amazingly fast turnaround!!

:thum sup:
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #333
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
:happy anim:

Can't wait to load it up this afternoon...Props for the amazingly fast turnaround!!

:thum sup:
I do what I can

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #334
RedSled
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 M Sport

Exclamation ROM Update Help?

Afternoon fellow n55ers. I am getting a lot of push back from the dealer regarding the rom update. I've cited all the information in the previous posts regarding rough start, poor acceleration, ect. Problem could not be duplicated, no codes stored. Denied. Taking it back again citing SIB120912 and complaining the problem persists. Any tricks or additional language I can use to insist they preform the update? My SA said that if they can't duplicate the issue BMW will not pay for any programming. I really would like to use the new AP sitting on my coffee table....Thanks guys.

BEU
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #335
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
Afternoon fellow n55ers. I am getting a lot of push back from the dealer regarding the rom update. I've cited all the information in the previous posts regarding rough start, poor acceleration, ect. Problem could not be duplicated, no codes stored. Denied. Taking it back again citing SIB120912 and complaining the problem persists. Any tricks or additional language I can use to insist they preform the update? My SA said that if they can't duplicate the issue BMW will not pay for any programming. I really would like to use the new AP sitting on my coffee table....Thanks guys.
sounds like you are dead in the water with that dealership. I would try another one at this point.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #336
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSled View Post
@RedSled send me an email.
josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #337
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I do what I can

-Josh
By chance do you know what maps I should download....like under which identifier? How do i figure that out?
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #338
ziominix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Coupe

All else fails tell them you want it done and will pay for it. $200 or so is what I had to pay before I could run my jb4.... I only have one dealership in my state.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #339
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
By chance do you know what maps I should download....like under which identifier? How do i figure that out?
All maps should already be in the firmware for you. If not, you are a 98F0B rom, so those maps will apply to you. If you have any questions on what map for your mods, that should be covered here:
https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...AccessPORT.pdf

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #340
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #341
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 ///M3 Black/Black

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just got the car back from BMW on Friday. They had it for three days. I told them the following:

"I'm experiencing a rough cold start idle and when I'm in the garage I hear something that sounds very much like random misfire. More so, and most annoyingly, the car has this horrible habit of hesitating when I hit the gas pedal whether it is from a full stop or low speeds. It seems like it takes the car a minute to realize that I want to go faster, regardless of Drive, Drive Sport, or Manual Shift. I tried looking around online and I read that there is a possible timing issue that is corrected by a software update? Mind if I leave it here?"

The SA wrote everything down including my "quick research". He did say that it was very unlikely that it was a software issue because when you check your car in they get a sheet that prints out of any outstanding recalls on the car. Then I get a call saying that not only did they verify those problems but that my DME was throwing 9 different errors. The update fixed it all. Found this odd because for anyone who knows the car was in and out of the dealer for what they suspected was an engine problem just over a month ago, and you're telling me they didn't see any of the DME error when they were checking all the electronics and such then?

Anyways, car is back now and he is happy. Got the cobb aggressive tune back on him and going to install the AA FMIC this weekend.
2015 M3 // Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim / Executive Package / M Double-Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic / 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheels / Adaptive M Suspension / Harman Kardon surround sound
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #342
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Anyone know what the numbers are for a 335i and the following:

Stage 1 Aggressive
Stage 1+ Aggressive
Stage 2 Aggressive

I've only seen percentages but no indication as to which car...and one graph that had numbers but they were really low and I noticed the graph was for a 135.
2015 M3 // Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Extended Merino Leather / Carbon Fiber Trim / Executive Package / M Double-Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic / 19" Black Light-Alloy Wheels / Adaptive M Suspension / Harman Kardon surround sound
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #343
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
Just got the car back from BMW on Friday. They had it for three days. I told them the following:

"I'm experiencing a rough cold start idle and when I'm in the garage I hear something that sounds very much like random misfire. More so, and most annoyingly, the car has this horrible habit of hesitating when I hit the gas pedal whether it is from a full stop or low speeds. It seems like it takes the car a minute to realize that I want to go faster, regardless of Drive, Drive Sport, or Manual Shift. I tried looking around online and I read that there is a possible timing issue that is corrected by a software update? Mind if I leave it here?"

The SA wrote everything down including my "quick research". He did say that it was very unlikely that it was a software issue because when you check your car in they get a sheet that prints out of any outstanding recalls on the car. Then I get a call saying that not only did they verify those problems but that my DME was throwing 9 different errors. The update fixed it all. Found this odd because for anyone who knows the car was in and out of the dealer for what they suspected was an engine problem just over a month ago, and you're telling me they didn't see any of the DME error when they were checking all the electronics and such then?

Anyways, car is back now and he is happy. Got the cobb aggressive tune back on him and going to install the AA FMIC this weekend.
Glad you got everything going!

Quote:
Anyone know what the numbers are for a 335i and the following:

Stage 1 Aggressive
Stage 1+ Aggressive
Stage 2 Aggressive

I've only seen percentages but no indication as to which car...and one graph that had numbers but they were really low and I noticed the graph was for a 135.
We generally only show percentages as it should be relatively accurate regardless of dyno and car. We have a Mustang dyno in-house, so our numbers are usually a bit lower than a DynoJet. What you're really looking for is gain from your stock numbers... percentages are the best way we've found to set expectations without having dynos come into play.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #344
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

We generally only show percentages as it should be relatively accurate regardless of dyno and car. We have a Mustang dyno in-house, so our numbers are usually a bit lower than a DynoJet. What you're really looking for is gain from your stock numbers... percentages are the best way we've found to set expectations without having dynos come into play.

-Josh
Ah, ok. So looking at about 357max on the Stage 1+ aggressive depending on conditions and such. Not bad
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #345
drallafi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
We've had few customers that were able to run the aggressive map, but logging is definitely important to verify. Take a couple logs in 3rd gear at WOT from low rpm to as close to redline as safely possible on the Sport tune and send them over to me. If they look exceptionally good, we'll do the same thing with the Aggressive map and make sure your car is happy.

-Josh
Hey can you tell me which variables I need to log for this? I played with the AP a bit and checked / unchecked a bunch of stuff and I don't know what is what. Thanks.

Nevermind, I just reset the log stuff. I'll log some runs and send your way tomorrow. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #346
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

-Josh

Josh,

In the link you posted can you tell me what the differences between Peak and Max are?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #347
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Josh,

In the link you posted can you tell me what the differences between Peak and Max are?
Max is the largest gain at any RPM
Peak is the gain at Peak RPM.

For example, say I have a stock car that makes 200whp peak and 220whp tuned. That's a 10% Peak gain. Now if that peak hp occurred at say 5000 rpm and the horsepower drops after that, then say I'm making 150whp stock at 6000 rpm. If tuned I'm making 190whp at 6000 rpm, then that would be a 26% Max gain (this is not a peak gain because we're not at the highest hp point on the curve).

The max gain shows the largest delta, but may not occur at peak power or torque. The main thing to look for in dyno charts (IMO) is area under the curve. Peak values mean very little in everyday driving.

Hope that makes sense.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #348
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep

Rough 1st to 2nd gear shifts

Just wanted to let you know that since I've had the tune which I lightly drove on at first and than got on it a bit but never past 4K. The car jerks pretty hard in D and DS from 1st to 2nd but in no other gear does it do that. Its pretty rough. I don't have any logs, but If you'd like I can take some under normal driving conditions or what is needed. Let me know.

[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:55 AM   #349
Darkpitiless
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320i - E92 LCI 335i

Okay so i've had my AP since 23rd Dec '12. I've been waiting for my support for about 2 months because my car is Euro spec. Thats until Cobb decided to remove my support due to bugged software, thats when my problem started with the dealer. i've been trying to convince my dealer that my car needs DME upgrade since Cobb removed my current ROM support. 2 weeks ago i left my car at the dealer so they will make sure my car needs an upgrade. Sadly after 2 long days they called me and asked me to remove the DownPipe so that they can upgrade my DME. Today they had me talking to the Engineer in charge and he explained how i should put back the OEM DP so that the DME will accept a new ROM after the cat converter fault code clears out. Now im putting back my OEM DP tomorrow morning, leaving my car at the dealer next Saturday. Wish me luck :'(
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #350
ronny214
M3 Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Max is the largest gain at any RPM
Peak is the gain at Peak RPM.

For example, say I have a stock car that makes 200whp peak and 220whp tuned. That's a 10% Peak gain. Now if that peak hp occurred at say 5000 rpm and the horsepower drops after that, then say I'm making 150whp stock at 6000 rpm. If tuned I'm making 190whp at 6000 rpm, then that would be a 26% Max gain (this is not a peak gain because we're not at the highest hp point on the curve).

The max gain shows the largest delta, but may not occur at peak power or torque. The main thing to look for in dyno charts (IMO) is area under the curve. Peak values mean very little in everyday driving.

Hope that makes sense.

-Josh

Yes, that makes things more clear! Thanks for the explanation!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #351
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to let you know that since I've had the tune which I lightly drove on at first and than got on it a bit but never past 4K. The car jerks pretty hard in D and DS from 1st to 2nd but in no other gear does it do that. Its pretty rough. I don't have any logs, but If you'd like I can take some under normal driving conditions or what is needed. Let me know.
That's definitely weird. We don't change anything in the transmission, so its possible the car is still "learning" after the flash and reset of all modules. You can definitely send me some logs using the default monitor list. I'll make sure I don't see anything odd. Do a couple logs that cover what you're seeing, then also send me a couple logs of 3rd gear WOT pulls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpitiless View Post
Okay so i've had my AP since 23rd Dec '12. I've been waiting for my support for about 2 months because my car is Euro spec. Thats until Cobb decided to remove my support due to bugged software, thats when my problem started with the dealer. i've been trying to convince my dealer that my car needs DME upgrade since Cobb removed my current ROM support. 2 weeks ago i left my car at the dealer so they will make sure my car needs an upgrade. Sadly after 2 long days they called me and asked me to remove the DownPipe so that they can upgrade my DME. Today they had me talking to the Engineer in charge and he explained how i should put back the OEM DP so that the DME will accept a new ROM after the cat converter fault code clears out. Now im putting back my OEM DP tomorrow morning, leaving my car at the dealer next Saturday. Wish me luck :'(
Hopefully they'll get you sorted. Once you're updated, let me know if you get an unsupported rom and I'll get it added asap.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #352
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's definitely weird. We don't change anything in the transmission, so its possible the car is still "learning" after the flash and reset of all modules. You can definitely send me some logs using the default monitor list. I'll make sure I don't see anything odd. Do a couple logs that cover what you're seeing, then also send me a couple logs of 3rd gear WOT pulls.

Hopefully they'll get you sorted. Once you're updated, let me know if you get an unsupported rom and I'll get it added asap.

-Josh
Sounds good. Will get back to you with that Josh.

[SOLD]
Appreciate 0