E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 No power to radio.....trying to diagnose

08-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
Maph
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E91 LCI 6MT

E91 No power to radio.....trying to diagnose

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help.

I have the Individual setup (without idrive) in my E91 and I have a dead head unit. I plugged in an electric tyre compressor and turned the ignition on and it threw up the SOS error. Compressor could be a coincidence but it was working perfectly 15 mins before when I last used the car.

So, the radio does not light up, I have no bongs, parking sensor sounds etc. Everything else is working fine (heated seats, ac, sunroof etc) so it is not a low battery. The orange lights within the radio light up but the LCD is lifeless.

I have checked all the fuses including the one at the back of the head unit and all are fine. I have disconnected the battery and again no joy.

I assume something has gone pop inside but the head unit but not sure how I can diagnose/ test it.

If anyone have any suggestions/ pointers it would be much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
msportmk4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i M-Sport or SE?

Did you ever find a fix? i replaced my CIC unit with a another one from a 335 and when the coder tried to code it to my car he told me it has no power
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #3
Maph
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i E91 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msportmk4 View Post
Did you ever find a fix? i replaced my CIC unit with a another one from a 335 and when the coder tried to code it to my car he told me it has no power
Sorry for late reply, not on here often. Mine was an issue in the head unit. Had it repaired by an outfit in Bath for £150 or so
Appreciate 0