E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Fairfax

02-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
rust99
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Thumbs down BMW of Fairfax

Had a really bad experience with BMW of Fairfax last month. They are really shady with their pricing.

The sales advisor was willing to sell me 2010 e92 coupe at "invoice plus 500." Good deal right? Well, when I finally asked him to put together the sales price, including title, taxes, tags and registration, I found out I would be paying an additional $800.

He was pretty good at trying to hide these fees, as he gave me the "invoice plus 500" price and then just the final sales price. I live in Virginia which has a 3% sales tax. I subtracted the taxes from the final sales price, estimated titles/tags/registration at 100. I included training fees and MACO of $400 in the invoice price. That left a difference of $800.

Definitely would recommend asking your sales advisor for all the other fees that are associated with your car purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust99 View Post
Had a really bad experience with BMW of Fairfax last month. They are really shady with their pricing.

The sales advisor was willing to sell me 2010 e92 coupe at "invoice plus 500." Good deal right? Well, when I finally asked him to put together the sales price, including title, taxes, tags and registration, I found out I would be paying an additional $800.

He was pretty good at trying to hide these fees, as he gave me the "invoice plus 500" price and then just the final sales price. I live in Virginia which has a 3% sales tax. I subtracted the taxes from the final sales price, estimated titles/tags/registration at 100. I included training fees and MACO of $400 in the invoice price. That left a difference of $800.

Definitely would recommend asking your sales advisor for all the other fees that are associated with your car purchase.
You shouldn't have gone through with the paperwork when you saw the $800 difference. You could've just held a strong line and said you weren't willing to pay a penny over whatever the original agreed upon price was.
      07-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
you should know going in that there is always state tax, processing fees, tags, title, etc. at car dealerships

Sorry to hear that he tried to hide it, but before you sign anything you should have them lay out the cost on paper and go over all fees.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
bigslickak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d sedan

It's common knowledge that sales tax is not included that price, you have to know that. Do they include tax in the price of stuff at Best Buy, or any other store? In addition, doc fees, and, if applicable, acquisition fees, title/license, are usually not either. Also, if applicable, MACO fees being included in invoice price vary from dealer to dealer...just have to ask them about it.

Invoice price is one thing, OTD (out the door) price is another, and you don't know the difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Have to say that $800 in fees is pretty normal and I think you may be overreacting here. There's always going to be tax, title, license and reg and normally a doc fee as well and how did you not expect to pay taxes?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
SCMike
[ex-Stilyaga]
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slowly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday View Post
Have to say that $800 in fees is pretty normal and I think you may be overreacting here. There's always going to be tax, title, license and reg and normally a doc fee as well and how did you not expect to pay taxes?
C'mon - read the original post, it is in the English language. The OP specifically wrote that he included the taxes, plus several other of the usual dealer's dodges in HIS understanding of the OTD price. Unfortunately, when the rubber hit the road, the dealer squeezed in another unexpected $800 into the OTD price. That's in the OP.

Y'all are blaming the victim. Was he a bit naive in not having an explicitly defined OTD price? Sure - maybe he is new at this game. Did the dealer show adherence to high ethical standards? Bwhahhahahahurg. Will the OP ever make this mistake again? Probably not. Consider it one of life's cheaper lessons.

NOW: Der 2016 GlitzundBlitzWagen mit ZMP und ZTR und...PCD'd 28Oct15
GONE: 2009 335i Coupe with MPPK ... 2006 M3 Coupe with SMG
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
dc5_champ88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
C'mon - read the original post, it is in the English language. The OP specifically wrote that he included the taxes, plus several other of the usual dealer's dodges in HIS understanding of the OTD price. Unfortunately, when the rubber hit the road, the dealer squeezed in another unexpected $800 into the OTD price. That's in the OP.

Y'all are blaming the victim. Was he a bit naive in not having an explicitly defined OTD price? Sure - maybe he is new at this game. Did the dealer show adherence to high ethical standards? Bwhahhahahahurg. Will the OP ever make this mistake again? Probably not. Consider it one of life's cheaper lessons.
i thought i was reading the first post wrong cuz everyone started blaming the OP for no reason...i knew i wasent crazy lol
Appreciate 0