E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

02-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #23
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
I think the gunmetal looks great on the black car Kevin. I'm bummed that it's so close to my space gray, just don't think it looks right. Anyway, have you any more plans for the car this year besides springs?

We can all meet up again in the spring and have a 'swinging party' with our wheels! That would be fun to see our cars with each others' wheels!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #24
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
We can all meet up again in the spring and have a 'swinging party' with our wheels! That would be fun to see our cars with each others' wheels!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

How much longer is this winter going to last? The roads were very dicey this morning, yet people still tailgate, cut in front of you etc. Not surprising there are so many accidents. Unbelievable!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #26
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
How much longer is this winter going to last? The roads were very dicey this morning, yet people still tailgate, cut in front of you etc. Not surprising there are so many accidents. Unbelievable!
I hear ya. Those SUVs especially, they think they are so invincible on the roads. I was being tailgated by one this morning on 35E.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #27
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I hear ya. Those SUVs especially, they think they are so invincible on the roads. I was being tailgated by one this morning on 35E.
It's like they think the laws of physics don't apply cos they have AWD, but they ain't gonna be able to stop much quicker than the rest of us! It's funny that most of the spinouts I've seen have been SUVs...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #28
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I took the long way into NE Mpls today up 494 (on the W end) to 694 E and man there were a LOT of cars, trucks, semis, etc. in the ditch. I drive a 4WD truck in this crap but am well aware that it can hardly stop on dry pavement let alone snow Sounds like tomorrow AM is going to be the same shit all over again...

Nick
I get on 494 at the crosstown and head south to Bloomington, and it was brutal this morning. Like you said, got it all to look forward to again tomorrow morning. (and tonight if I ever get to leave work). My gf just heard there were about 400 accidents this morning
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #29
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

I couldn't get the 1 up the drive way today because of the snow. This is definitely a new low for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #30
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I couldn't get the 1 up the drive way today because of the snow. This is definitely a new low for me.
That's unfortunate man. Do you have someplace secure to park it overnight?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #31
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
That's unfortunate man. Do you have someplace secure to park it overnight?
Oh I apologize for not being clear. This was on the way out of my place. I pulled out of my garage and the driveway is a steep slope up and my car wouldn't get up. So, I just gave up and drove back to my garage
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #32
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Oh I apologize for not being clear. This was on the way out of my place. I pulled out of my garage and the driveway is a steep slope up and my car wouldn't get up. So, I just gave up and drove back to my garage
Ah, well I guess it's preferable to be stuck inside your garage than outside! Bet you are looking forward to getting those wheels on more than ever!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #33
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Just thought I would pop in here quick and introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am very new to the site. I recently bought a 2006 Black 330xi last week and LOVE it. since then, i've tinted the windows 30% and sent a PM to one of the vendors on here about the angel eye mod. I've been looking around to have some other things done as well. One thing I would like to do soon is get the window trim vinyled gloss black. Any other recommendations will certainly be looked at!! I hope to see some of you around soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #34
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showsol2211 View Post
Just thought I would pop in here quick and introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am very new to the site. I recently bought a 2006 Black 330xi last week and LOVE it. since then, i've tinted the windows 30% and sent a PM to one of the vendors on here about the angel eye mod. I've been looking around to have some other things done as well. One thing I would like to do soon is get the window trim vinyled gloss black. Any other recommendations will certainly be looked at!! I hope to see some of you around soon.
Welcome! Pity you missed our first meet last week, but once the weather improves we'll be planning another get together. Got some pics of your new ride? Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy it despite the snow.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #35
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Welcome! Pity you missed our first meet last week, but once the weather improves we'll be planning another get together. Got some pics of your new ride? Hopefully you'll continue to enjoy it despite the snow.
That was actually the day that i bought my car. I was invited by Martin, but didn't have time after the purchase to make it there. I will absolutely make time for the next one as long as i know more than a couple days in advance. I would love to meet some of the other owners around the area! Pics are coming soon, need to get it washed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #36
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Ryan! Great to see you here! I also bought some 6500k angel eyes (MYCARR) but am a bit reluctant installing it. I was thinking it might look 'ricey'. I also don't want to get too much attention at night since I already have 5k HIDs and Yellow Fogs. Hopefully we get to see you at upcoming meets!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #37
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Welcome man and congrats on the car. Have you had BMW's in the past or your first one?

You must be lovin' AWD right now - my 3 is sitting under a cover in the garage; no way I'd even make it out of the parking lot here. lol

On another note - had an interesting winter beater moment on the way home from Apple Valley tonight. The clip on my driver's side wiper blade fell off causing the blade to come loose. A couple miles down the road it was donated to the parts pile on the side of 494. Gotta love winter rides - nickel and dime ya to death!

Nick
I've drove several BMW's in the past, but this is the first one that I can call mine. It was a week on Saturday and I still love this car. There really isn't anything that I want to change about it. I would really like to do a slight drop and wheels, but besides that, I am perfectly content with how it is sitting right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Ryan! Great to see you here! I also bought some 6500k angel eyes (MYCARR) but am a bit reluctant installing it. I was thinking it might look 'ricey'. I also don't want to get too much attention at night since I already have 5k HIDs and Yellow Fogs. Hopefully we get to see you at upcoming meets!
I definitely know what you mean. I guess i didn't really think angel eyes are much of a "ricey" add-on to a BMW. It would be different if i was doing blue LEDs in it or something. I currently have the OEM headlights and will defninitely stay with them. If anything, I would like to take out th orange reflector within the housing. You will see me out! We should meet up for lunch or something sometime soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #38
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
I definitely know what you mean. I guess i didn't really think angel eyes are much of a "ricey" add-on to a BMW. It would be different if i was doing blue LEDs in it or something. I currently have the OEM headlights and will defninitely stay with them. If anything, I would like to take out th orange reflector within the housing. You will see me out! We should meet up for lunch or something sometime soon.

The OEM headlights are good as is. The projection you get is great as is. Like I said in my previous post, I just changed it to 5k and yellow fogs for some contrast. There are a lot of companies here that will help you out modding your car. I've been pretty much ordering most of my parts from JLeviSW. Yeah, definitely! We can also do a small photoshoot (if weather is good).
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #39
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

What a nice commute again this morning... There was a traffic cam view of an E90 being pulled from the ditch on the news last night. I couldn't see much more detail cos of the snow/darkness/grainy picture. Hopefully wasn't anybody on here!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #40
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
What a nice commute again this morning... There was a traffic cam view of an E90 being pulled from the ditch on the news last night. I couldn't see much more detail cos of the snow/darkness/grainy picture. Hopefully wasn't anybody on here!
I was able to work from home yesterday which was nice. Today though I decided to head to the office, my drive wasn't too bad once I got out of my development.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #41
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf878 View Post
I was able to work from home yesterday which was nice. Today though I decided to head to the office, my drive wasn't too bad once I got out of my development.
Good call staying home. Roads are much better already, just wet mostly. Parking lots are such a slushy mess, my shoes are destroyed - worst thing about winter here imo!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #42
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

I just recently finished the install of my latest mod ...

a Graco Quattro Tour Sport infant car seat for my first born son!

Preston Bradley, born 8:43am Febuary 8, 2010, 7lbs 7oz. All is well!
      02-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #43
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BMW View Post

Congrats Brad! How long before you can get the little guy in one of these

http://www.bmw-online.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=2174
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #44
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN BMW View Post

Congrats Brad! My best to your family.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread