E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Totaled my 2011 335d Msport

01-28-2019, 07:03 AM   #23
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydiesel35 View Post
Oh man. If only you guys knew the pain of losing a 335d... Mine was recently totaled due to a woman driving on the wrong side of the road; she wrecked into me also causing me to sustain spinal injuries. It's an absolute pain dealing with the insurance company, long story short they are giving me issues and don't want to pay anything for the long list of mods I did have (over 10k).

Stay safe out there.
Be happy they at least pay for your car... some insurers wouldn't cover you at all if your car had mods.

Unless when you were shopping for insurance you asked them if they accepted modifications on the car and now they just don't want to pay you for them.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 07:45 AM   #24
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydiesel35 View Post
Oh man. If only you guys knew the pain of losing a 335d... Mine was recently totaled due to a woman driving on the wrong side of the road; she wrecked into me also causing me to sustain spinal injuries. It's an absolute pain dealing with the insurance company, long story short they are giving me issues and don't want to pay anything for the long list of mods I did have (over 10k).

Stay safe out there.
Ask the insurance company if you can remove the modifications. Sometimes they will be accommodating in this respect as long as you have the stock components to put back on the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #25
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Ask the insurance company if you can remove the modifications. Sometimes they will be accommodating in this respect as long as you have the stock components to put back on the car.
I was able to remove all of my aftermarket parts from my car.
Appreciate 0