E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Private Parking appeals / Parking cowboys Review. A SCAM!

10-16-2016, 08:18 AM   #1
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Private Parking appeals / Parking cowboys Review. A SCAM!

Hi guys

Just wanted to gives heads up on this company.

I had a parking ticket issued last year by one of the private company. I contested it and it was rejected. There was a thread on this website suggesting to follow this website (parking cowboys).

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/priv...rking-tickets/

There is plenty of useful information. Unfortunately, I had no time and thought to give this company a try. So contacted them and e-mail response was

Goo evening XXXX (d is missing from the Good)

Thank you for your enquiry below via our referral partner Parking Cowboys

We can confirm we can assist you in this matter and note that your POPLA code provide is valid. We will require a copy of the parking charge notice, the appeal you made (or description) and a copy of the rejection letter as this will provide the necessary information to assist your designated appeal handler.

Our fee of £19.00 (VAT inclusive) covers the appeal, support and assistance in accordance with our terms and conditions on our website and includes all necessary correspondence.

There are currently the following methods of making payment to us. You can use Barclays Pingit® by scanning the attached code, or browsing to our payment page at http://www.privateparkingappeals.co.uk/payment
. Alternatively, you can transfer funds directly to us using online banking or over the counter at any high street bank, TSB branch or Post Office counter using our bank details:

TSB BANK –
ACCOUNT NAME Private Parking Appeals Ltd (PPA Ltd for short if online)
Sort Code: 77-63-01
A/c No: 14710063

Please use your name and PCN or vehicle number as a reference.

WE can also accepted a crossed cheque or postal order, payable to Private Parking Appeals and posted to our registered offices, please ensure you write your name, address parking charge reference and vehicle registration on the reverse and obtain a free certificate of posting. Please note that your appeal may be delayed if selecting this option.

Please confirm when you have made the payment and which method and your case will be allocated to one of our appeal handlers and if you can email the documentation then this will speed up the process.

Kind regards

Carol Sole
Head of Operations/Appeals
Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Tel: 0141 214 0365 Fax: 0141 214 0818 www.privateparkingappeals.co.uk

Registered in Scotland No SC492116, Registered Office: 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR
VAT Registration No. GB 203 1015 87
http://privateparkingappeals.co.uk/

So this website looked legit. There is an address of the company and contact number. So I thought they were legit and paid directly into their bank.

So I asked them if they got the funds.

ood evening XXX

Further to your email below and attached documentation, we can confirm receipt of your payment and that your details have been logged on our systems.

Your case handler is Mr Wilkie, who is copied into this appeal and he can be contacted directly at legal@privateparkingappeals.co.uk and we can confirm that there is plenty of time for this POPLA appeal and that the code expiry date is 10th March.

It is to your advantage that the appeal is submitted as close to the expiry date as possible and Mr Wilkie will confirm when the appeal has been submitted – however please note that the parking company will be required to submit an evidence pack and if this is sent directly to you, then you will need to forward this as any comments will need to be lodged.

Please do not be tempted to pay the charge at any time without seeking further advice as we may not be able to refund our fee.

Thank you for using our service.

Kind regards

Carol Sole
Head of Operations/Appeals
Private Parking Appeals Ltd

Now, striking thing is that they advised me to delay the appeal. Never mind. So I contact them closer to the dead line and never got any response. Contacted their number and they advise you to leave voicemail. Left VM plenty of times and no response. I thought that they may have appealed on my behalf and might be busy and not responding.

I was wrong. I never heard anything from them. Ended up loosing my £20. Worst part is that I had to pay £70 as my 'discounted time' passed due to cowboys who run a website with the name of parking Cowboys.

Unfortunately, I never had time to chase this. Finally 6- 8 months down the line, I am getting sometime to reflect my findings on this.

AVOID this company. Its not legit.

Quick good search showed;

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/lofive...hp/t99403.html

So just heads up and spread the word.
      10-19-2016, 04:10 AM   #2
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Welcome back Sam. You back for good or just passing?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 04:48 AM   #3
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
TBH I've always just used pepipoo and got out of tickets.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 04:11 PM   #4
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Thanks for sharing info guys. All the scum involved in parking tickets makes my blood boil.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0