E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Multiple error codes and problem

08-30-2019, 09:19 AM   #1
Skilfoy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Multiple error codes and problem

Hi, I have a 2007 328xi and I've been having g multiple issues and error codes showing up.

I was just driving on the highway with cruise control on and all of a sudden and out of nowhere, the cruise control stopped working. At that moment, the ABS, DSC, and brake lights all turned on the ABS 4x4 error light on the computer turned on (see picture). The cruise control won't engage anymore, but otherwise, the car still seems to be driving just fine. There seem to be no issues braking or throttling, and I made it home safely.

I investigated the new error in the onboard computer and it turns out that both CCID 369 and CCID 50 just showed up. These are in addition to the other ones that had previously been showing up: 41, 63, 117, 123, 133, and 164.

About 7 months ago, I had to replace the footwell module because many of my lights weren't working properly and one of the headlights went out completely. The actual headlight itself was electrically fine, but it wasn't working, so the dealership traced the problem back to said module and replaced it.

You'll also notice in the picture that the car has upwards of 226k miles on it but at around 206k miles, I had to replace the entire drivetrain. We used an engine, transfer case, and transmission from another car that had 95k miles on it. This happened about 2-3 months before the footwell module replacement I mentioned previously.

Someone else told me that it could be a grounding issue, but I wouldn't know where to look, what to look for, or even what to do. Any advice, direction, help, and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
officer140
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Convertible

Sounds like the ABS/DSC module. I haven't crossed any E90 xi's so the 4x4 light is new to me.
Appreciate 0