E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The official "Ask a cop/deputy anything!" thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #1013
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For all of the non-blacks in this thread, please understand that most of our problems in the black community are brought about by our own actions. Don't let any black person tell you the color of their skin is holding them back (...or it's the reason why they deal with cops more often or can't maintain employment). This country is ripe with opportunity if a person puts in effort and makes good life decisions.
I have a question. Is this what your truly believe, or is this just the way you all on the 'force' discuss people of color? I guess you have to find some way to sleep at night, right?
I am a person of color.
I am too. What does this change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
That's so incredibly problematic. Your opinion/belief is why we have the kind of problems we have now. I can guarantee that you've never spent significant time with any person of color, their family, or their community. I have a better guarantee: you'd never think to do such things. Because after all they're just gangbanging robbing and stealing right?




i have a surprise for you, i'm not white.

i never said all blacks do those things. This issue we have going on right now, is not squarely racism, it's a multitude of things. Parenting as i mentioned before comes to mind. A majority of parents out there, shouldn't be parents. Train/teach your kids better, they will generally follow. This will keep your kids out of stints with police.


The thing that really irks me them most about Floyd's death, is the entire scenario in which he died. The man was killed for "allegedly" having a fake 20. Was it really neccesary to have 3-5 cops pull up on one dude for this? It just boggles my mind. Take his 20, trash it, fine him, move the fuck on. Was an entire police force needed to arrest a man for selling individual cigarettes, which ultimately led to his death?All of these things are so trivial, it's unbelievable to me.
This is my problem with the way some people THINK things happen(ed). It wasn't about his fake twenty dollar bill. Floyd was high on meth and fentanyl. If you've never dealt with those drugs or never dealt with anybody who is high on those drugs, then you will not understand. Floyd was disturbing the peace and causing issues at a place of business. The police has probable cause to be there.


Where fentanyl is concerned....

...it is highly toxic. When I worked jails, we had issues with fentanyl being smuggled in. It's so toxic that merely touching it presents the risk of intoxication or overdose. We had inmates overdosing on fentanyl and deputies succumbing to the effects of the drug because they were unaware that they'd come in contact with it.


People need to get the fuck up off of their couches and go experience bad people doing bad things on seriously mind influencing drugs and gain some perspective outside of their bubbles.
Look, I understand police deal with jacked up stuff on a daily basis. On the other hand what does anything in his system have to do with what those cops did to him? This is such a distraction. Having substance x, y, and z in someone's doesn't give you, officer, the right to end their life (un)knowingly.
My point is....


....I'm allowed to be critical of my culture without you or anybody else telling me my perspective is skewed.
You absolutely are. And I'm allowed to disagree with you and let you know. Especially if you want to come on a board a share your opinion without any sociological backing or perspective
I live it.....and I've done so for over 40 years. Why do I need any additional background on perspective?
You've lived law enforcement for 40 years. That is by and far the definition of limited perspective. No disrespect, but there's a whole other world outside being a rule enforcer. Don't be complacent
Read!

I'm talking about being black dude. Jesus Christ! I was a black dude in the hood long before I was ever a cop.
I did read. I'm referring to your statement that I originally quoted. Let me reiterate. You've made clear you're black. You've made clear you're an officer with a lot of experience. You've made clear your flawed perspective on black culture. That the color of our skin is not holding us back. Your words have power and when the wrong people pick them up they use them. Your post announcing to all the non blacks that we black people do this to ourselves is problematic because it completely ignores systemic racism and implicit bias
"Systemic racism" is the lie black people are sold, and as a culture we digest it and regurgitate it.......so much, in fact, that we start believing that nonsense.

I'm not denying racism exists, but racism is NOT what's holding blacks back in this country. Prevailing attitudes, laziness, propensity for violence (...against our own and others), dependence and the disintegrated family unit are the issues that plague the community.
You cannot simultaneously call systemic racism a lie and acknowledge the existence of racism.

You know who you remind me of? Supreme Justice Clarence Thomas. He's made a big thing of himself in life. But when you read his opinions on Supreme Court cases involving race, he goes so hard at people of color. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder. He doesn't want to be treated differently because he's black and he doesn't want his colleagues to think less of him. He doesn't want them believing he got where is simply because he's black. Hence the chip. Don't be Clarence Thomas. You're in a position of privilege and power.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:03 PM   #1014
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
For all of the non-blacks in this thread, please understand that most of our problems in the black community are brought about by our own actions. Don't let any black person tell you the color of their skin is holding them back (...or it's the reason why they deal with cops more often or can't maintain employment). This country is ripe with opportunity if a person puts in effort and makes good life decisions.
I have a question. Is this what your truly believe, or is this just the way you all on the 'force' discuss people of color? I guess you have to find some way to sleep at night, right?
I am a person of color.
I am too. What does this change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
That's so incredibly problematic. Your opinion/belief is why we have the kind of problems we have now. I can guarantee that you've never spent significant time with any person of color, their family, or their community. I have a better guarantee: you'd never think to do such things. Because after all they're just gangbanging robbing and stealing right?




i have a surprise for you, i'm not white.

i never said all blacks do those things. This issue we have going on right now, is not squarely racism, it's a multitude of things. Parenting as i mentioned before comes to mind. A majority of parents out there, shouldn't be parents. Train/teach your kids better, they will generally follow. This will keep your kids out of stints with police.


The thing that really irks me them most about Floyd's death, is the entire scenario in which he died. The man was killed for "allegedly" having a fake 20. Was it really neccesary to have 3-5 cops pull up on one dude for this? It just boggles my mind. Take his 20, trash it, fine him, move the fuck on. Was an entire police force needed to arrest a man for selling individual cigarettes, which ultimately led to his death?All of these things are so trivial, it's unbelievable to me.
This is my problem with the way some people THINK things happen(ed). It wasn't about his fake twenty dollar bill. Floyd was high on meth and fentanyl. If you've never dealt with those drugs or never dealt with anybody who is high on those drugs, then you will not understand. Floyd was disturbing the peace and causing issues at a place of business. The police has probable cause to be there.


Where fentanyl is concerned....

...it is highly toxic. When I worked jails, we had issues with fentanyl being smuggled in. It's so toxic that merely touching it presents the risk of intoxication or overdose. We had inmates overdosing on fentanyl and deputies succumbing to the effects of the drug because they were unaware that they'd come in contact with it.


People need to get the fuck up off of their couches and go experience bad people doing bad things on seriously mind influencing drugs and gain some perspective outside of their bubbles.
Look, I understand police deal with jacked up stuff on a daily basis. On the other hand what does anything in his system have to do with what those cops did to him? This is such a distraction. Having substance x, y, and z in someone's doesn't give you, officer, the right to end their life (un)knowingly.
My point is....


....I'm allowed to be critical of my culture without you or anybody else telling me my perspective is skewed.
You absolutely are. And I'm allowed to disagree with you and let you know. Especially if you want to come on a board a share your opinion without any sociological backing or perspective
I live it.....and I've done so for over 40 years. Why do I need any additional background on perspective?
You've lived law enforcement for 40 years. That is by and far the definition of limited perspective. No disrespect, but there's a whole other world outside being a rule enforcer. Don't be complacent
Read!

I'm talking about being black dude. Jesus Christ! I was a black dude in the hood long before I was ever a cop.

People blaming whites, cops or every other external force for their problems is akin to an obese person blaming genetics and metabolism for their physical condition (...while stuffing Hostess cup cakes, Skittles and Cheetos down their throat). I recognize the outliers, but by and large, people are personally responsible for where they are in life.
You do know it's well established that there are several genes linked to obesity? The act of 'stuffing' themselves is a symptom of a dysregulated metabolism. And no this is not comparable in the least bit. Someone with chronic obesity has options, we don't get to change the color of our skin or how people see it
**completely ignores my outlier comment**


....and then presents an outlier example.
You better believe I was going to ignore that nonsense
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:06 PM   #1015
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5815
Rep
16,379
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3
You do know it's well established that there are several genes linked to obesity? The act of 'stuffing' themselves is a symptom of a dysregulated metabolism. And no this is not comparable in the least bit. Someone with chronic obesity has options, we don't get to change the color of our skin or how people see it
**completely ignores my outlier comment**


....and then presents an outlier example.[/QUOTE]
You better believe I was going to ignore that nonsense[/QUOTE]
We shall agree to disagree and move on.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #1016
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Anyways, you and you're opinion on black culture are outliers. The majority of black folks, especially the younger ones will never see eye to eye with what you think. Never mind your perspective is heavily tainted with LEO rhetoric. AND never mind you said systemic racism is a lie. I have nothing further for you. Have your disgusting thread back. Hopefully, from this point on you'll get some real questions in it and not from everyone driving around with thin blue lines on their rear windows.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear1039.50

      06-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #1017
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5815
Rep
16,379
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Anyways, you and you're opinion on black culture are outliers. The majority of black folks, especially the younger ones will never see eye to eye with what you think. Never mind your perspective is heavily tainted with LEO rhetoric. AND never mind you said systemic racism is a lie. I have nothing further for you. Have your disgusting thread back. Hopefully, from this point on you'll get some real questions in it and not from everyone driving around with thin blue lines on their rear windows.
Thanks for your contribution.
Appreciate 3
Murf9932865.50
Dpc2u3635.50

      06-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #1018
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
Anyways, you and you're opinion on black culture are outliers. The majority of black folks, especially the younger ones will never see eye to eye with what you think. Never mind your perspective is heavily tainted with LEO rhetoric. AND never mind you said systemic racism is a lie. I have nothing further for you. Have your disgusting thread back. Hopefully, from this point on you'll get some real questions in it and not from everyone driving around with thin blue lines on their rear windows.
Thanks for your contribution.
Thank you! I've always wanted to have this type of debate with a black LEO (from a safe distance). Fascinating!
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #1019
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
**completely ignores my outlier comment**


....and then presents an outlier example.


Here's the bottom line:

Blacks that apply themselves generally do well in life. They become scientists, cops, business owners or engage in some other profession of choice and provide something useful to society. Blacks that don't apply themselves blame race, white people, etc. for their issues (...all while doing drugs, committing crimes, etc.).

People that eat balanced meals and workout regularly generally don't deal with obesity. People that eat unhealthy, live sedentary lifestyles, etc. end up blaming genetics, slow metabolism, etc. for their overweight physical state all while doing nothing to improve their circumstances.
Alright, if you want me gone editing your post ain't gonna do it!
I'm in an editing mood since I'm writing some papers anyway so let's play.

How about we try this out:

"Here's the bottom line:

Human beings that apply themselves generally do well in life. They become scientists, cops, business owners or engage in some other profession of choice and provide something useful to society. Human beings that don't apply themselves typically achieve relatively less in life and make various excuses for their issues (...all while doing drugs, committing crimes, etc.). Perhaps I should ask myself why certain human beings in the US fall into a certain category, if as I say, we generally do well in life if we try. Is it possible some other external factors are at play? Before I make quick jumps to judgement, I should ponder this further.

People that eat balanced meals and workout regularly generally don't deal with obesity. People that eat unhealthily, live sedentary lifestyles, etc.tend to experience problems with weight and that's all I'll say on that because i) I'm an LEO, not a doctor and ii) anything additional is speculative."

I made the edits blue for you, because police, right!?

Last edited by RedScytheM3; 06-06-2020 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #1020
bayarea328xit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
114
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
You cannot simultaneously call systemic racism a lie and acknowledge the existence of racism.
First, to you and Sedan_Clan, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this issue. It is valuable to get as many different perspectives on the issue as possible so that we don't get boxed into thinking about the ideas from a given perspective.

1. Is there any reason to distinguish between systemic racism and racism?

2. If yes, then how do we define each to highlight the distinction?
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2020, 06:14 PM   #1021
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
395
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
People need to get the fuck up off of their couches and go experience bad people doing bad things on seriously mind influencing drugs and gain some perspective outside of their bubbles.
I recognize how dangerous it is dealing with people on drugs from past experience. No I was never in law enforcement just a few social interactions. And I was VERY happy in both cases when law enforcement showed up. I was young, big, and versed in several martial arts and I was scared.

Thanks to LEOs everywhere for dealing with this shit every day.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan5814.50
Murf9932865.50
qba335i336.00
Hawkeye1293.00

      06-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #1022
RedScytheM3
Science stuff and stuff
RedScytheM3's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
You cannot simultaneously call systemic racism a lie and acknowledge the existence of racism.
First, to you and Sedan_Clan, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this issue. It is valuable to get as many different perspectives on the issue as possible so that we don't get boxed into thinking about the ideas from a given perspective.

1. Is there any reason to distinguish between systemic racism and racism?

2. If yes, then how do we define each to highlight the distinction?
My point to sedan is there is no distinction. You can't have one without the other. You can't have a sweet cake without any sugar. You can't have systemic racism with out racism.

There is systemic/institutional racism such as:
-Redlining
-Racial discrimination in the USDA (see Pigford v. Glickman for discrimination against ack farmers)
Just to name a couple.

And this is caused by the practices of individual racism within institutions. Then there's overt individual racism that's expressed person to person. Systemic racism is more insidious, harder to prove, and is easily accomplished with deniability.

If you are genuinely asking question #2 out of curiosity, I recommend simply looking it up.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:01 PM   #1023
bayarea328xit
Second Lieutenant
United_States
114
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScytheM3 View Post
... And [institutional racism] is caused by the practices of individual racism within institutions. …
I like your description, above.

The criminal justice system is typically cited as an example (e.g., with individual racism manifested in juries, judges, parole boards, etc.). If we consider juries (agreeing that there are racist jurors), what is the solution? Should we have more judges overturn jury decisions? Should we have more trials decided by a judge (instead of a jury)? Should we increase the number of jurors in the jury (i.e., making it harder to get a unanimous guilty verdict)? What are other solutions? Our task is to mitigate the effects of individual racism with institutional changes. How long will it take for us to get a signal of improvement if we implement such changes? How will we know that we’ve made things better and not worse?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:06 PM   #1024
jamesinaz
Second Lieutenant
395
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
I like your description, above.

The criminal justice system is typically cited as an example (e.g., with individual racism manifested in juries, judges, parole boards, etc.). If we consider juries (agreeing that there are racist jurors), what is the solution? Should we have more judges overturn jury decisions? Should we have more trials decided by a judge (instead of a jury)? Should we increase the number of jurors in the jury (i.e., making it harder to get a unanimous guilty verdict)? What are other solutions? Our task is to mitigate the effects of individual racism with institutional changes. How long will it take for us to get a signal of improvement if we implement such changes? How will we know that we’ve made things better and not worse?
One question is - do these riots stoke the racist feelings of many who normally have no serious racist tendencies? Does seeing violence propagated in the name of fighting racism further the cause of uniting people?

I think tonight is going to be a pivotal moment in the history of race relations in the USA. If a large number of people of color riot and destroy the white house racism will get a shot in the arm that will last for years. If the protestors do NOT loot, riot or commit acts of violence then perhaps progress will be made. I hope the people controlling and organizing this event understand the significance of what they do in DC and how Americans everywhere feel about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #1025
PYE46M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
249
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Don't mean to interrupt the previous topic but since this is "ask a cop anything".....


The other day I turn into the main street and get behind this dump truck for asphlat that was either going to or coming from a job site. I am about 1 school bus lenght behind him and driving 40 mph when I begin to notice big pieces of asphalt flying out of his bed... one hits my windshield and luckiy nothing happens... a few land on parked cars on the side of the street.... my daily is a old nissan so I wasn't overly pissed but still immediately pull to the left lane and begin to pass him... as I do that, I also noticed that all of his tires are kicking up a bunch of asphalt that are stuck to the threads....I watch him in my rear view literally littering the road giving zero fucks just to make a buck.... I think about the owner of all those poor parked cars and the mess of a road he is leaving behind.... after 2-3 minutes, I couldnt take it anymore...I pull in front of him and bring him to a stop and get out of the car to ask him if he has any clue wtf he is doing... he tells me "its my tires, nothing I can do ! call the office to complain".... then I tell him he needs to wait because I am going to call the police on him.... he gives me the middle finger and takes off

here are some pictures I took while he was parked behind my car after i pulled him over, and after he left. keep in mind tons of big pieces of asphalt were flying out of his bed too. your thoughts about this situation?? is this acceptable for this guy to leave a job site like this and destroy public roads? what would you have done if you ran into this guy !

I have all his info and wanted to go to the PD after


Name:  IMG_0943.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  151.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0950.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  144.8 KB
__________________
2005 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 6MT Coupe
2013 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 ZCP 6MT CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #1026
BimmerDimmer6
Lieutenant
United_States
921
Rep
483
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Tampa Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Don't mean to interrupt the previous topic but since this is "ask a cop anything".....


The other day I turn into the main street and get behind this dump truck for asphlat that was either going to or coming from a job site. I am about 1 school bus lenght behind him and driving 40 mph when I begin to notice big pieces of asphalt flying out of his bed... one hits my windshield and luckiy nothing happens... a few land on parked cars on the side of the street.... my daily is a old nissan so I wasn't overly pissed but still immediately pull to the left lane and begin to pass him... as I do that, I also noticed that all of his tires are kicking up a bunch of asphalt that are stuck to the threads....I watch him in my rear view literally littering the road giving zero fucks just to make a buck.... I think about the owner of all those poor parked cars and the mess of a road he is leaving behind.... after 2-3 minutes, I couldnt take it anymore...I pull in front of him and bring him to a stop and get out of the car to ask him if he has any clue wtf he is doing... he tells me "its my tires, nothing I can do ! call the office to complain".... then I tell him he needs to wait because I am going to call the police on him.... he gives me the middle finger and takes off

here are some pictures I took while he was parked behind my car after i pulled him over, and after he left. keep in mind tons of big pieces of asphalt were flying out of his bed too. your thoughts about this situation?? is this acceptable for this guy to leave a job site like this and destroy public roads? what would you have done if you ran into this guy !

I have all his info and wanted to go to the PD after


Attachment 2331928

Attachment 2331929
You fucking pulled him over?? God I wish I had the balls.

Also don't bother PD there is enough shit going on right now. Plus, what do you want them to do? Arrest him?

I hate dump truck as much as the next guy, but buddy is just doing his job.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #1027
TrevorM3
Major General
1946
Rep
6,597
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

redscythem3 is probably one of those dudes who thinks looting is OK right now. lol
Appreciate 4
qba335i336.00
Murf9932865.50

      06-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #1028
PYE46M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
249
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
You fucking pulled him over?? God I wish I had the balls.

Also don't bother PD there is enough shit going on right now. Plus, what do you want them to do? Arrest him?

I hate dump truck as much as the next guy, but buddy is just doing his job.
Yes I did because he pissed me off. He tried to change lanes and run but i waved at him so he gets the point. It was clearly not his first or second time going through this..

I didn't bother the PD for those reasons and also because I dont care too much about my daily driver... but you can't tell me if you were behind this guy and he cracked your windshield and put a dent on your hood, you'd brush it off.

I wanted cops to give him a ticket or something. someone else may want to get a police report and file a claim with insurance if their car is damaged pretty bad
__________________
2005 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 6MT Coupe
2013 Interlagos Blue E92 M3 ZCP 6MT CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 09:09 PM   #1029
BimmerDimmer6
Lieutenant
United_States
921
Rep
483
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Tampa Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYE46M3 View Post
Yes I did because he pissed me off. He tried to change lanes and run but i waved at him so he gets the point. It was clearly not his first or second time going through this..

I didn't bother the PD for those reasons and also because I dont care too much about my daily driver... but you can't tell me if you were behind this guy and he cracked your windshield and put a dent on your hood, you'd brush it off.

I wanted cops to give him a ticket or something. someone else may want to get a police report and file a claim with insurance if their car is damaged pretty bad
Yes, if he caused damage I'd report him and file a claim, but it sounds like he's just making a mess after pulling off a site nearby? I can't tell you how many times I've had shit hit my car, like little rocks, or mud/dirt from dump trucks. They will just say it says "stay 100ft back" or whatever they put on the tailgate. Its pretty common in my area.
Appreciate 1
Murf9932865.50

      06-06-2020, 11:50 PM   #1030
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
upstatedoc's Avatar
4166
Rep
2,021
Posts

Drives: blue streak
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: not downstate

iTrader: (2)

@Sedan_Clan Keep doing what you're doing. I know you are doing it right
__________________
2018 Stinger GT
1997 Toyota T100
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
Appreciate 7
Sedan_Clan5814.50
Rmtt7973.00
dmatre204.00
Murf9932865.50
TrevorM31946.00
Dpc2u3635.50
vreihen162200.50

      06-07-2020, 07:59 AM   #1031
WhiskyPat12
you don't concern me
WhiskyPat12's Avatar
United_States
4968
Rep
1,551
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sorry if the cops here have weighed in on this specifically already...

What is the general reaction of you and your fellow cops to the calls of "defund/disband the police?"

I heard some officers, in Minneapolis where these calls appear loudest, resigned already.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You are a bad person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I was driving around in my car today with the correct badges then remembered others aren't so lucky.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 08:55 AM   #1032
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5815
Rep
16,379
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
Sorry if the cops here have weighed in on this specifically already...

What is the general reaction of you and your fellow cops to the calls of "defund/disband the police?"

I heard some officers, in Minneapolis where these calls appear loudest, resigned already.
Disbanding or defunding the police isn't going to fix any of the issues BLM or any other social justice organization thinks it will. Statistically crime goes up with less of a law enforcement presence. It's just a popular talking point that tickles the emotions of anarchists and people who don't like being held accountable.
Appreciate 4
Murf9932865.50
vreihen162200.50
Dpc2u3635.50

      06-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #1033
WhiskyPat12
you don't concern me
WhiskyPat12's Avatar
United_States
4968
Rep
1,551
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Disbanding or defunding the police isn't going to fix any of the issues BLM or any other social justice organization thinks it will. Statistically crime goes up with less of a law enforcement presence. It's just a popular talking point that tickles the emotions of anarchists and people who don't like being held accountable.
I've recently seen some right leaning people saying an option to explore instead of disband/defund police would be to dissolved police unions. The thinking is that police unions protect bad cops the same way teachers unions protect bad teachers.

We shouldn't bargain with a mob anyway but I'm curious if this is a proposal worth considering.

Thanks for responding and stay safe!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
You are a bad person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I was driving around in my car today with the correct badges then remembered others aren't so lucky.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #1034
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5815
Rep
16,379
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Disbanding or defunding the police isn't going to fix any of the issues BLM or any other social justice organization thinks it will. Statistically crime goes up with less of a law enforcement presence. It's just a popular talking point that tickles the emotions of anarchists and people who don't like being held accountable.
I've recently seen some right leaning people saying an option to explore instead of disband/defund police would be to dissolved police unions. The thinking is that police unions protect bad cops the same way teachers unions protect bad teachers.

We shouldn't bargain with a mob anyway but I'm curious if this is a proposal worth considering.

Thanks for responding and stay safe!
Unions are not inherently bad. Unions are appropriate when you have a large number of employees (...e.g. we have over 22,000 in the sheriff's department alone; 11,000+ are sworn). Unions are also there to help employees fight against their employer for violating certain labor laws, unfair practices, retaliation, whistleblower protections, etc.
Appreciate 2
Murf9932865.50

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST