E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake pad wear sensors

07-11-2022, 09:06 AM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Brake pad wear sensors

Do any exist that don't indicate your pads are worn out prematurely? This has been an annoyance of mine ever since I got my car, literally the first repair I did was to replace the brake pads and sensors as I started getting brake pad warnings not long after I got the car, and in my opinion the brake pads had lots of life left in them. Well, after wearing through THAT set of brakes - the pads were still fine but the rotors were worn; I was using Hawk HPS pads and Centric Premium rotors, not the original factory stuff - I replaced them again maybe 10K miles ago or less, I reused the wear sensors as they weren't worn to the first contact, now with almost-new pads I am getting warnings that my brake pads are worn out again... I'm just about ready to get new sensors and just tie them up under the fender wells.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I haven't had an issue with the sensors on my former E46 and E92 now. Some owners cut the ends off and contact the two wires, it will eliminate the warning but you've got to check the pad.