E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Devon Hill BMW (Devon, PA)

10-06-2006, 10:28 AM   #23
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
500 over invoice is not realistic, I agree. But neither is MSRP for a 3-Series. It's not an M3 after all, and BMW will build 80,000+ of these cars for the US market in 2007 so supply is not an issue.

Not to worry, I'm a Devon Hill fan and repeat customer. Best of luck, it's a great product and overall unit sales should continue to increase. You may see me next spring for a E90 335xi upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #24
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Well the MSRP for me would be:

BMW 335i Coupe Sparkling Graphite Metallic

MSRP $40,600
Options and accessories $1,475
Destination charge $695
Total price as built* $42,770
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
MainlineE90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac
500 over invoice is not realistic, I agree. But neither is MSRP for a 3-Series. It's not an M3 after all, and BMW will build 80,000+ of these cars for the US market in 2007 so supply is not an issue.

Not to worry, I'm a Devon Hill fan and repeat customer. Best of luck, it's a great product and overall unit sales should continue to increase. You may see me next spring for a E90 335xi upgrade.
Jack, you are a wise man, and I see why you like to do business.....
but when you want one of the first run of a car, you must pay for it.....
I see that we agree on this, on the other issue
wait for the spring, and I WILL see you. Just don't try and get a 335Cic...
NO DISCOUNT in the spring on the NEW convertible, new body.

E90 330i
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #26
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
MainlineE90man,

I have a referral to send to you - should be within the next week or 2 at most, for an E92 328xi. Will be a prio 1 ordered from allocation. I have your contact info.

Be sure to give him the E90Post discount
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #27
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

Hey Chris, still didn't get a reply from you there, i gave you a call today, left a message. Anyways yeah make sure to give me the E90post discount
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #28
Mcrazy
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

MSRP

I agree with MainlineE90man

I used to work for a neighboring dealership. Customers have been conditioned to spend an unproductive amount of time haggling over the selling price of a car. There is only 6.5% markup in a new car, and dealers are retailers, not wholesalers. They are entitled to make a profit on their product in order to get paid, and provide people with the outstanding customer service that they expect. Huge rebates, and "$500 over invoice" deals are not necessary on a product of this quality. You truly get what you pay for. A salesman who drops his drawers on price, is often times, uneducated, belligerant, dishonest, and not worth the savings you are working so hard to achieve. Let them make a buck or two. You'll love the car more if you love your salesman, and allow him to earn a living.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2007, 12:38 PM   #29
AcmeExplosives
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93

Loaners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW325 View Post
Question for fellow guys who have used Devon Hill for service. Did you ever get a loaner from them? If so was it a BMW?
Reason I ask is because I took my car in today for something and was given a loaner, but it was from Enterprise, it wasnt a BMW, but was still free.
Was wondering if this was because I bought somewhere else.
There was a time when any BMW dealership would give you a comparable BMW for a loaner with a scheduled service visit. In the mid-2000s most dealerships stopped that practice unless you purchased the vehicle at that dealership. I know that Otto's and Mainline BMW practice that as well these days. That's when I started to see the free rental cars come into play. Sorry, I can't speak to Devon Hill's policy.

Come to think of it, I had an experience where I had to take the car to the dealership that I bought it from with no advanced warning - not a scheduled service. They said they didn't have any BMW loaners available. (something that was stated above in this thread.) I wound up driving some monster, Toyota, 4 door, SUV thing. My guess is if I was driving an M5 or a serious 7 series...they would’ve had a Bimmer for me. : )

I'm thinking that if you want to drive a BMW while your car is being serviced, take it back to the place you purchased it.

K
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #30
jnickel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I ordered a Devon Hill 335i and so far my CA hasn't been very helpful at all. He seems annoyed any time I deal with him. I did haggle alot, so maybe he's not happy with the price he gave me. I'm still giving them the benifit of the doubt and hopefully he'll come around, but so far the service has been very poor. Does anyone have a recommedation for a local dealer? I'm in the Havertown area...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #31
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnickel View Post
Does anyone have a recommedation for a local dealer? I'm in the Havertown area...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33951

and

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110417

Or BMW of the Main Line (same ownership as Devon Hill, but closer to your area)

I've purchased two BMW's at Devon Hill, but have subsequently switched after my CA left.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #32
jnickel
Rep

Did you switch to Mainline or Otto? you happy with the service?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #33
jnickel
Rep

Good timing

ironically, today (a few days after my original posting) my CA called me and was actually very helpful... Maybe he just needed some time to warm up or someone there read this. Either way, all I wanted was a little customer service and he definitly provided that today.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMac View Post

Or BMW of the Main Line (same ownership as Devon Hill, but closer to your area)
not the same owner anymore
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #35
Gig103
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tesla P85D

This dealership disrespected me, by not taking me seriously (Probably because of my age, 27). I walked in and wanted to test drive a 335i. After walking around the showroom and not being approached by anyone, I finally told the receptionist (who also ignored me on the way in) that I needed someone in new sales to drive a 335i. The guy who finally approached me seemed to think I just wanted to joyride and asked me to make an appointment for a drive (since when was that ever required, especially considering he wasn't with another client)??

I actually made the appointment and showed up for it (to the guy's surprise I think). I loved the car but based on the way they treated me when i came in, I walked, and bought from Irv Robinson instead, got a great price and can't wait for my ED!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #36
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
This dealership disrespected me, by not taking me seriously (Probably because of my age, 27). I walked in and wanted to test drive a 335i. After walking around the showroom and not being approached by anyone, I finally told the receptionist (who also ignored me on the way in) that I needed someone in new sales to drive a 335i. The guy who finally approached me seemed to think I just wanted to joyride and asked me to make an appointment for a drive (since when was that ever required, especially considering he wasn't with another client)??

I actually made the appointment and showed up for it (to the guy's surprise I think). I loved the car but based on the way they treated me when i came in, I walked, and bought from Irv Robinson instead, got a great price and can't wait for my ED!
+1 that is why i went down 202 and made a deal with Otto's! too stuck up at Devon.

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #37
MotorenWerkeN52
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (Phytonic Blue)

I completely agree with the last two comments. I walked in Devon hill with my check book planning on leasing a car, I told the lady I wanted to to put down 2500 and she gave me a really high price and also told me I had to put 4600 down after tax and all that good stuff. I had a feeling they were trying to rip me off so I walked away because they wouldn't get the price to where I wanted. Then I called up OTTO'S and another dealership in NJ and they both gave me a better price with 2500 down including tax and everything. I ended up getting my car from OTTO'S for two reason... 1 it was much closer to me and 2nd they gave me a better deal. I am telling anyone who is looking to buy a BMW, DO NOT BUY AT DEVON HILL! THEY WILL TRY TO RIP YOU OFF IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Also forgot to mention about the attitude problem people have at Devon Hill. Not only was the CA really rude the Manager there acted very arrogant. I told the CA I wanted LeMan blue and she said to me "why dont you just get the other color... it looks exactly the same". Then both the CA and Manger went on to say if I wanted all the options I have to "pay for it"... Well Devon hill I got a better deal than what you were offering plus with preimum packege from OTTO'S.

Last edited by MotorenWerkeN52; 08-25-2011 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0